Author Topic: 2020 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 2035 times)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: 2020 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 04:17:15 AM »
I need to bring to everyone's attention a new general ban beginning with the 2nd event (Townie Skill-a-Thon)...

Household Management screen. Do not click on this tab during any challenge.

The ban is not effective for the 1st event of the season, but you will need to adhere to it for the remainder of the year. 

Household Management Screen? What is this? Any chance of a screenshot?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 08:26:17 AM »
I need to bring to everyone's attention a new general ban beginning with the 2nd event (Townie Skill-a-Thon)...

Household Management screen. Do not click on this tab during any challenge.

The ban is not effective for the 1st event of the season, but you will need to adhere to it for the remainder of the year. 

Household Management Screen? What is this? Any chance of a screenshot?

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 5.58.20 AM.jpg

Top right of screen -- 2nd icon from left.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2020, 02:41:08 AM »
Thanks

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: Today at 05:06:13 PM »
Ultimately, it will be the team that will decide whether or not to change our decision to lock threads and force strategy questions to come via PM, but I fear this may have been a not-so-great idea for this year. Yes, in an ideal world, we'd all keep our strategies to ourselves. But, the more I think about it — we're all one big, happy community. If someone asks - "hey, can I do x?" And someone else sees that in the challenge thread, well...in a way, everyone benefits from the knowledge and the playing field is leveled a bit. Including the team. Heck, sometimes you pros will ask questions I had no clue about.

So, here's what I am proposing — give us some feedback in this thread. Do we keep going how we are going with locked threads? Or do we just take a totally different approach and forget all the secrecy? Ask questions in the challenge threads, no matter if they are strategy or not. Your choice. If players do not want to reveal a possible sneaky trick you can always PM the team -- that would always be an option.

Sound off.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: Today at 06:35:20 PM »
I have PMed the team about my thoughts on this. I won't be asking questions if we need to PM the team, but I will if they can be posted to the boards. Based on the fact that I have gone poorly each year when the questions can be posted on the boards (and don't understand some of the answers to the questions) I doubt that any amount of so-called strategy talk will assist me.

Dek

anything