Author Topic: Sims literally freezing to death!!  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims literally freezing to death!!
« on: December 24, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »
My little vampire decided to live on campus, up until this point, my sims have been living at home, anyway, it is winter and my sim is sleeping and I heard a strange noise. I went downstairs and all three of the room mates were laying on the ground, frozen.  I am kind of sitting in front of my computer with my mouth open and then in walks to other ghosts from the neighborhood and started to mourn.  I realized that the temperature was freezing.  I didn't have a thermostat because you cant go into build/buy mode in a house on campus.  Now, not sure if there is a glitch in my game, because I would assume when they made this game, other sims would not need heat or cool in their house, especially if you don't play them or all sims would die either by freezing or burning up in all neighborhoods.  I finally had to go out of it, but not sure what to do at this point.  Oh, hate to change the subject, none of my sims have shoes on either, lol.  I have not put any new cc or mods in my game lately, so this is a new one on me.  Geeze.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Sims literally freezing to death!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »
This is a known issue. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-S-Sims-in-dorms-freeze-to-death-during-winter/td-p/8450476

The best solution is to use the bb.enablefreebuild cheat to add a thermostat. Annoying, I know.

It can also be added before you move a sim in.

Like always they don't make DU appropriately cross pack compatible.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims literally freezing to death!!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 09:40:55 PM »
I thought about putting one end beforehand, but forgot.  Who knew the whole town  would end up a literal ghost town, haha.  Thank you.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?