Author Topic: Townie Skill-a-Thon  (Read 32314 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Townie Skill-a-Thon
« on: January 06, 2020, 05:59:50 AM »
Townie Skill-a-Thon

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
The Sims we create are great at maxing skills on their own, but this challenge will require you to move into Townie homes and have the entire household max your chosen skills.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • If you have Tiny Living Stuff, Realm of Magic and/or Discover University they must be disabled before starting.
  • In CAS, create a YA Sim. Alien or Human. You cannot change the lifestate during this challenge.
  • Before moving into any townie household (including your first townie household), you must max a unique skill -- all skill panel skills are allowed.
  • You must become good friends with one of the Sims in the townie household you wish to move into before moving in.
  • You are not allowed to change the amount of money transferred between the households when moving. You only move your sim to the next household.
  • Your Sim cannot gain more than level 1 in a skill before you designate that as the skill to be maxed for the household.
  • All households you move into must be occupied with Townies/premade Sims.
  • The only items you can purchase from Build Mode are extra beds, skilling objects, and anything necessary to use those skilling objects (Reward Store Traits are fine). These are the only changes/additions you can make to the lots.
  • All Sims in the household must max the unique chosen skill before your Sim can move to a new household.
  • If there is a child and you choose a skill they cannot max you must wait till the child has aged up and maxed the skill before moving. (No early ageups).
  • Intentionally killing sims is not allowed.
  • The holiday New Skill Day is banned and must be cancelled if it pops up in your calendar.
  • The challenge ends on Week 4, Sunday, 8 a.m.

Scoring

Maxed Skills: You get 100 points for each skill maxed by a household. (This includes the skill you max before you move into the first townie household)

HM - Household Multiplier: Everyone starts with a multiplier of 1.00. For each household member that maxes a skill (including your Sim), add .01 to the multiplier.
Example: If you move in with the Pancakes and max cooking that would be a multiplier of 0.03 of the household (Your sim, Bob and Eliza)

Note:
In your last household, if you end up only maxing the skill on some of the sims then you can count these sims for the multiplier, but not count the skill for the maxed skills score.

Total: Multiply your Maxed Skills amount by your Household Multiplier to get your Total.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Maxed Skills      HM      Total     
Sruixan25002.025050
LenaLJ22001.954290
Rainbow Dash23001.774071
Nikitachi21001.934053
Nandarelle21001.883948
Vesper19001.763344
mismck19001.663154
SoulGal718001.683024
Kirstie19001.552945
Elinoee18001.532754
IronicBeauty16001.632608
Isabelalabe16001.632608
GlazeyLady14001.642296
ratchie14001.562184
fivebyfive12001.501800
Metropolis Man13001.321716
Eighty8Keys10001.421420
duskcheetah10001.411410
Teresa10001.321320
Ginj9001.251125
thefaeriesgirl8001.20960
trybat6001.20720
furbyqueen4001.12448
CynKuy3001.12336
Deklitch2001.05210

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »
Updates:
  • 21/01 Rule additions and clarifications:
    • Added that your Sim cannot change life state.
    • Added that you are not allowed to change the amount of money transferred between the household when moving. You only move your Sim to the next household.
    • The only changes/additions you can make to lots are extra beds for your Sim and skilling objects.
    • Added an addition to the scoring: In your last household, if you end up only maxing the skill on some of the Sims then you can count these Sims for the multiplier, but not count the skill for the maxed skills score.
  • 26/01 Rule additions and clarifications:
    • Intentionally killing sims is not allowed.
    • The holiday New Skill Day is banned and must be cancelled if it pops up in your calendar.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 09:38:46 PM »
so, you create a sim and then, what? How do you max a unique skill between sim creation and choosing where you'll live? Doesn't the game mechanics actually require you to choose a lot as your home before being able to do anything, including raising skills, and isn't that a household? And does that one need to be one with premade sims in it?

Or am I just overthinking what you mean by household?

* In CAS, create a YA Sim. Alien or Human. You cannot change the lifestate during this challenge.
* Before moving into any household (including your first household), you must max a unique skill -- all skill panel skills are allowed.
* All households you move into must be occupied with Townies/premade Sims.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 02:18:26 AM »
Changed the wording to:
Before moving into any townie household (including your first townie household), you must max a unique skill -- all skill panel skills are allowed.

As Desklitch also points out, the lot your own Sim starts the challenge on is ofcause also a household. And he/she will need to max one skill before moving into any Townie household.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 12:43:49 AM »
early posting my shameful score of 315. please have mercy on my soul.
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 05:04:50 AM »
Posted by: furbyqueen« on: Today at 12:43:49 AM »early posting my shameful score of 315. please have mercy on my soul

Um ...@furbyqueen I hope you don't mind me asking but was it the 27th of January when you posted that? Because I thought that's when this challenge starts. I'm just wondering because it's only the 25th (Late evening) where I am and due to time zone differences I am roughly a day ahead of most of the regular tournament players here. (The American ones anyway). So I'm a little confused. ???

Anyway, I don't think your official scoring file has started yet (Or anybody else's for that matter) so I think you're all good but that's up to the Team to decide. I don't think you have anything to worry about though. :)

Team, I hope you don't mind me pointing this out.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 10:10:45 AM »

Not at all, Rainbow -- just to confirm what Rainbow already said, furbyqueen -- you can start your official scoring file at the earliest on Monday. Take a look at the large purple dates in the rule set.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 03:46:09 AM »
If there is a child and you choose a skill they cannot max you must wait till the child has aged up and maxed the skill before moving. (No early ageups).

This would be the skill related to what the adults or/and teens are doing right? For example, I could only age a child up with maxed Motor skill if all other Sims in the house were working on Fitness? I'm guessing that all Sims have to max the same skill including children and are not allowed to max any other skill?

If Sims in my current household gain a skill point in a skill other than the designated one, does that mean it's off limits for future households or only if somebody maxes it?

Your Sim cannot gain more than level 1 in a skill before you designate that as the skill to be maxed for the household.

When is a skill designated exactly? When one household member has gained at least 1 point in it or when all of them have? So if my Sim were to get to level 2  or higher in a skill that's not set for the current household, that means they can't use it for another household right? If so, then this could be tricky as it can sometimes be hard to stop Sims from gaining skills the second your back is turned.

Can household Sims quit their jobs or skip work or school to work on their skills?

What happens if a Sim dies before they can max their skill, do I simply not add their multiplier to the score?

I figured these questions would be okay to ask here. :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 09:55:09 AM »
If there is a child and you choose a skill they cannot max you must wait till the child has aged up and maxed the skill before moving. (No early ageups).

This would be the skill related to what the adults or/and teens are doing right? For example, I could only age a child up with maxed Motor skill if all other Sims in the house were working on Fitness? I'm guessing that all Sims have to max the same skill including children and are not allowed to max any other skill?

If Sims in my current household gain a skill point in a skill other than the designated one, does that mean it's off limits for future households or only if somebody maxes it?

Your Sim cannot gain more than level 1 in a skill before you designate that as the skill to be maxed for the household.

When is a skill designated exactly? When one household member has gained at least 1 point in it or when all of them have? So if my Sim were to get to level 2  or higher in a skill that's not set for the current household, that means they can't use it for another household right? If so, then this could be tricky as it can sometimes be hard to stop Sims from gaining skills the second your back is turned.

Can household Sims quit their jobs or skip work or school to work on their skills?

What happens if a Sim dies before they can max their skill, do I simply not add their multiplier to the score?

I figured these questions would be okay to ask here. :)

You cannot under any circumstances age up Sims before its their birhtday.
If you have chosen Fitness for a household in which there is a child, you have to wait till the child ages up naturally to a age where he/she can max fitness before you can move on.

Your Sim cannot gain more that level 1 in a skill unless its the skill designated to the household you are currently working on. Other household members are okay if they end up doing it. They already have other skills at higher levels so would be hard to keep track on.

You choose the skill you want to work on togehter with the household when you move in.
So as an example you max Fishing while still living on your own. The you become good friends with Bob Pancakes and move in with the Pancakes. When the loading screen is done and you are now moved in you choose what skill that household is working on to max. So lets say you choose cooking. Your sim can now raise that skill higher than 1.

Its up to you if they keep their jobs etc.

If a Sim dies befor the skill is maxed for the whole household they cannot be counted for the multiplier.
You count up the score for both maxed skill, and multiplier, when you move from the house to the next (or when the challenge ends).
Be aware that I added the rule that you cannot intentionally kill any sims.
You decide your

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 12:12:01 PM »
The only items you can purchase are extra beds for your Sim and skilling objects.
Can we purchase items that aren't used directly for a certain skill, but give a skill boost?

These are the only changes/additions you can make to the lots.
So, no adding/changing Lot Traits?

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »
Just to clarify - can we add to households? Either by getting pets or moving in additional sims?
You mentioned to me in PMs that the sim you create is the only one who's allowed to move but the rules don't state explicitly that there are no additions allowed so wanted to check.

Can you choose a skill that a member of the household your sim moves into has already maxed?
Can your sim take anything with them to a new household in their personal inventory? Not sure if this conflicted with only adding beds and skilling objects.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 02:51:15 AM »
The only items you can purchase are extra beds for your Sim and skilling objects.
Can we purchase items that aren't used directly for a certain skill, but give a skill boost?

These are the only changes/additions you can make to the lots.
So, no adding/changing Lot Traits?

You can only buy items from where you gain the skill.
Example: You buy an easel to paint. You can also buy the tablet to paint on that instead.
But you could not buy a nice painting that you can turn on for a higher inspired mood.

Lot traits is a change to the lot, so you cannot do that.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 03:00:41 AM »
Just to clarify - can we add to households? Either by getting pets or moving in additional sims?
You mentioned to me in PMs that the sim you create is the only one who's allowed to move but the rules don't state explicitly that there are no additions allowed so wanted to check.

Can you choose a skill that a member of the household your sim moves into has already maxed?
Can your sim take anything with them to a new household in their personal inventory? Not sure if this conflicted with only adding beds and skilling objects.

I will add a note that the only change to households you can make is your Sim moving from household to household.

Yes you can choose a skills that is already maxed by one of the household members.

And yes you can take items with you in your personal inventory, if you dont add it to the next household lot.
So you could not take a painting in your personal inventory and set it up in the next household. But you could have a piece of fruit for your Sim to eat.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 12:57:08 PM »
Posted by: furbyqueen« on: Today at 12:43:49 AM »early posting my shameful score of 315. please have mercy on my soul

Um ...@furbyqueen I hope you don't mind me asking but was it the 27th of January when you posted that? Because I thought that's when this challenge starts. I'm just wondering because it's only the 25th (Late evening) where I am and due to time zone differences I am roughly a day ahead of most of the regular tournament players here. (The American ones anyway). So I'm a little confused. ???

Anyway, I don't think your official scoring file has started yet (Or anybody else's for that matter) so I think you're all good but that's up to the Team to decide. I don't think you have anything to worry about though. :)

No, I posted it before the date because I tried practicing and this was a hard challenge and I'm not doing this again :'D 315 is my final score
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 01:34:15 PM »

No, I posted it before the date because I tried practicing and this was a hard challenge and I'm not doing this again :'D 315 is my final score
As its not an official challenge attempt then, as you cannot start a challenge file before the start date it cannot count. Sorry