Author Topic: Windows 10 OneDrive issue  (Read 2046 times)

Offline csmags

• Nooboo
Windows 10 OneDrive issue
« on: January 18, 2020, 10:27:19 AM »
Since I got a new computer I have not been able to play Sims3 the way I want with my CC and Mods. My C: is now my SSD drive and is very small (my operating system is Windows 10 which just updated recently).  So I went into my settings and set up Origin to download all my games onto my D:.  Now when I play Sims3 I noticed that I get an Document/Electronic Arts folder with Sims3 under it which has my Download folder for my CC under it.  The Document folder is linked to my User folder under C: which is created on the Onedrive.  I moved this to D: using the Move command.  Now I have an Electronic Arts/Sims3 folder on my Drive. But here is the problem, the game will not read the D: folder.  I can add the CC and add the Mod folder package files on the Onedrive and it runs just fine but I run out of room real fast.  I have unlinked the Onedrive I don’t seem to be able to delete it and it still creates the Document/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder.  My Onedrive is driving me crazy.  Can I move my User folder or is there a solution i am missing.  I also really like to use CCMagic and can only use it if my Sims3 folder is on the onedrive.

Offline csmags

• Nooboo
Re: Windows 10 OneDrive issue
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 02:05:22 PM »
Hello I found this post https://www.infopackets.com/news/10562/how-fix-cant-move-folder-same-location-windows-10 about how I could not move my user folder and/or my one drive because of a folder issue.  This solved the problem by login into my onedrive there was a selection of relocating my onedrive which i did relocate to D:  then I found I could move my user folder under C: to D:. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Sims3 and it looks like it is working and I can now use my CCMagic with my game.  All is right in my sims world now. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything