Author Topic: Can Vampires be Spellcasters?  (Read 13905 times)

Offline no1mfp

• Llama Wrangler
Can Vampires be Spellcasters?
« on: February 24, 2020, 07:22:03 PM »
Are born half vampires unable to be spellcasters? My vampire is a scientist. When she talks to the Sages in the realm of magic she doesn't get any of the magic interactions. I also have a born half alien she gets all the interactions for learning magic. I read the guides couldn't find any info on vampires as spellcasters. I'm stumped!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Can Vampires be Spellcasters?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 07:36:49 PM »
No. Sadly a sim can only be one type of occult at a time. Spellcasters and Vampire are both types of an occult so you can't be both. This goes for mermaids, simbots and aliens as well. You can be a ghost and spellcaster as the game doesn't consider ghosts as an occult. Half-aliens are not considered an occult  by the game so they unlike their full alien parent can become a spellcaster, mermaid, or vampire but just one of them. Does that answer your question?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 01:27:48 PM »
To expand on what Scoed said, the game does not consider any sim to be half-anything.  Your half alien is apparently a human, so even if they've inherited odd colored skin, the game just sees a human.  Your half vampire is apparently a vampire, it doesn't matter that one parent was human, they are a vampire.  You can only be one occult form, and spellcaster is an occult form, so that's why the vampire can't learn.  If you cure the vampire, they'll be able to learn spellcasting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 03:46:12 PM »
Thanks @Brian_Z I forgot to talk about cures allowing to switch. That is an important point. I might add though there is a bug at the moment that can mess up a switched sim.

anything