Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 48378 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« on: April 20, 2020, 06:37:53 AM »
2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
This year the team is offering a unique take on the forum's most popular annual event, Baby Boomer — this time it's not your Sim pumping out the nooboos, it's the townies. And remember, this is a Major challenge which means it counts as two regular events in the World Ranking.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • The Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack is banned for this event.
  • Options: Leave Fill Empty Homes unchecked.
  • In CAS, create 1 Sim and place your Sim on any lot. Immediately go to Manage Worlds and then to Manage Households (in the Manage Worlds map view, click on the two-person icon in the upper right corner.) Select the household you just created, and delete that household by clicking on the trash can. Then select any townie household and begin playing.
  • Only original townie families can be played, and they must be played as is - no gender changing and no life state changing. No homeless Sims.
  • Each household can only be played once; when you leave it, you can't come back to it.
  • Potential parents must be at Lovebird or higher romance relationship and must live in the same household** before Trying for Baby or adopting.
  • **The sole exception to the above rule would be babies resulting from an accidental alien abduction.
  • No Contacting Aliens with the Satellite Dish. No Searching for the Truth with Telescope.
  • No changing partners after Try for Baby or adopting.
  • After the first birth/adoption, both parents must be good friends with all babies in the house and must be married before a second pregnancy or a second adoption.
  • Adoptions restricted to only Babies and 2 adoptions max per household.
  • Only Young Adult, Adult, and Elder people-sims (not pets) can be moved out. You must immediately put them in any home (no empty lots), but do not need to play that household right away. You can use Manage Households to move Young Adult, Adult and Elder sims between households. Each sim can only move once. Pets can't be moved.
  • If you want to move a sim out of a household, you must do that before you play the household.  The only exception is a sim that is a teen when you play the household and ages up after you move to another household - you can use Manage Households to move that sim out after (s)he ages up to YA even if you already played their original household.
  • Choosing Lot Traits for Townie homes is fine, but no structural changes to lots are allowed. This also means no placing homes on empty lots.
  • No early aging-up of any Sims.
  • The Challenge ends Week 5, Sunday 8:00 a.m.

Scoring

New Babies. At the end of the game, Click Options > Manage Worlds > Save and Go To Manage Worlds > {town}
Mouse over each household you played in the town and note the number of new Sims added as babies. Give yourself 1 point for each new sim added as a baby.
Repeat for every town you played.  Add the counts from each town together to get your score.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            New Babies     
oshizu208
Sruixan206
LenaLJ203
Vesper200
Elinoee196
mismck195
Nikitachi189
Nandarelle186
Teresa183
SoulGal7179
Poffin173
GlazeyLady168
Eighty8Keys119
ratchie117
Metropolis Man105
celinegreen94
MarianT89
junegem79
Noyo54
CynKuy34
Deklitch21
Whimsical Peanut18
Ginj6

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 06:38:15 AM »
Rules changes:

4/22 -
  • After the first birth/adoption, both parents must be good friends with all babies in the house and must be married before a second pregnancy or a second adoption.

4/23 -
  • Choosing Lot Traits for Townie homes is fine, but no structural changes to homes are allowed.
4/26 -
  • Choosing Lot Traits for Townie homes is fine, but no structural changes to lots are allowed. This also means no placing homes on empty lots.

4/28 -
  • Only Young Adult, Adult, and Elder people-sims (not pets) can be moved out. You must immediately put them in any home (no empty lots), but do not need to play that household right away. You can use Manage Households to move Young Adult, Adult and Elder sims between households. Pets can't be moved.

5/2 -
  • Only Young Adult, Adult, and Elder people-sims (not pets) can be moved out. You must immediately put them in any home (no empty lots), but do not need to play that household right away. You can use Manage Households to move Young Adult, Adult and Elder sims between households. Each sim can only move once. Pets can't be moved.
  • If you want to move a sim out of a household, you must do that before you play the household.  The only exception is a sim that is a teen when you play the household and ages up after you move to another household - you can use Manage Households to move that sim out after (s)he ages up to YA even if you already played their original household.
5/7 -
  • Only original townie families can be played, and they must be played as is - no gender changing and no life state changing. No homeless Sims.

-
  • The Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack is banned for this event.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 12:43:54 PM »
Can we ask Sims to move in to households or are we restricted to only moving Sims out of homes we are playing.
Example we move Johhny Zest in with Candy and Yuki. Candy and Johnny have a baby then we move yuki in with the Goths and Johhny Junior in with the Vilreals.

Rachel

Johnny can move in with Candy and Yuki, but Yuki and the baby can't move until they are YA, and there are no early age-ups.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 01:15:09 PM »
I reread the rules and realised my mistake now I know what I'm doing. Doing it as planned might be a problem but I fo understand the rules now lol.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 01:19:52 PM »
Here's the very first question that sprang to my mind: are we allowed to have more than one sim in the house be pregnant at any given time? Put it another way - can I make Don Lothario's life a living hell?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 01:35:53 PM »

The rules say no changing partner after trying for baby so I'm guessing don is safe.
Here's the very first question that sprang to my mind: are we allowed to have more than one sim in the house be pregnant at any given time? Put it another way - can I make Don Lothario's life a living hell?
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »
Do we have to stay with a household until both parents are good friends with the babies, or can we move on while a Sim is pregnant.

Example:
Bob and Eliza have a baby and both become good friends.
Eliza gets pregnant again. Can I move on while she is still pregnant or do I have to wait for her to give birth?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 02:48:07 PM »
- After the pregnancy happens, can we move to the next household without waiting for the birth itself?
- Can we use the pregnancy test?
- Should we count Jesminder Bheeda's baby she is already pregnant with at the start of the game file if we choose to play this household before she gives birth?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 04:58:39 PM »
- After the pregnancy happens, can we move to the next household without waiting for the birth itself?
Yes
- Can we use the pregnancy test?
Yes
- Should we count Jesminder Bheeda's baby she is already pregnant with at the start of the game file if we choose to play this household before she gives birth?
I think the Baby Boom starts on day 1 of your game, so I would say Jesminder's baby counts, but let's see what the rest of the Challenge team thinks.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 05:00:12 PM »
Do we have to stay with a household until both parents are good friends with the babies, or can we move on while a Sim is pregnant.

Example:
Eliza gets pregnant again. Can I move on while she is still pregnant or do I have to wait for her to give birth?

You don't have to wait until the baby is born, you just have to be good friends with any babies that are in the house before you move.  And you can't come back after you move.

That was an incorrect answer.  Being good friends and having Parenting level 3 only apply to Trying for Baby for the second time and Adopting for the second time in the household.  There are no restrictions on when you can move on to another household, you just can't go back to a household once you've left it.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 05:58:36 PM »

Example:

You don't have to wait until the baby is born, you just have to be good friends with any babies that are in the house before you move.  And you can't come back after you move.

And the level 3 parenting skill needs to be in place as well?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 06:21:40 PM »

Example:

I edited my previous post as it was incorrect.  There are no restrictions on moving to another household.  You can do that whenever you want.  You just can't come back.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 06:25:42 PM »
Ok, thanks Glazey Lady

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 10:26:28 PM »
I never play townies.
I have lists of them from previous challenges, but until the Pancakes challenge, I'd never played a townie, just interacted with them.  I have no idea what they're like from the inside.

This will be interesting.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 10:41:22 PM »

Example:

I edited my previous post as it was incorrect.  There are no restrictions on moving to another household.  You can do that whenever you want.  You just can't come back.

To clarify, the parenting skill doesn't need to be in place to move BUT it would have to be in place before Eliza could get pregnant the second time.?

Also, can Eliza get pregnant initially and then adopt a baby while waiting to give birth?

Also #2, when moving from one house to another, is Manage Household okay (merge) or does there need to one one YA or older sim in the current house that befriends someone in the next house and asks to move in?
... using Johnny and Candy from an earlier question - once Johnny gets Candy pregnant, there isn't anyone in the house available to move out.  Can we choose a new Household to make the jump?  Or do we need to plan each move so that there is a sim eligible to move from the current house to the next house (ask to move)?
.......this whole question got confusing the more I tried to write it out

2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007