Author Topic: Step siblings  (Read 8092 times)

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Step siblings
« on: April 24, 2020, 05:21:37 PM »
How related does the game count step siblings? I know they can't be romantic to each other, but do their kids still count as cousins? And is there ever a way to unstep-sibling sims?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Step siblings
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 06:14:06 PM »
The step-sibling relationship dissolves when the marriage does, a.k.a. when one of the parents dies. Though I know what sims you're thinking about (one of them being a playable ghost and therefore not a sim who actually dies) and this is a special case I need to test out.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »
Well, as I have learned, it doesn't dissolve when the ghost poofs. The sims are still step siblings and the ghost mom of one of them had been gone for awhile

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 06:38:44 PM »
alright my quick n' dirty three-generation household with a playable ghost (ghost + human married, each of them has a child and a grandchild each) reveals this. The definitive step-siblings guide, lol.

1. Adult step-siblings can't be romantic with each other while still step-siblings. No real way around that unless their parents break up by death or divorce.

2. The children of different step-siblings can be romantic with each other just fine. They can even go steady though I noticed that the family tree won't show their portrait, probably for visual appeal instead of anything serious.

3. The step-siblings themselves don't see each other's children as related either. If you really wanna go that route.

4. Now here's the important part for anyone playing human x ghost couples and interested in step-child relationships (ok): when a ghost fades into the netherworld, their marriage remains intact. You probably could have the living spouse pursue another steady relationship instead and break the tie. Or try using the Clean Slate reward. (Woops didn't see your post Chubling...confirmed by another party then?)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 06:46:53 PM »
Perfect! I don't need the step siblings together, but I was really going I didn't just make my pollination much harder. I have learned gen 1 is still married. Good to know. Thank you so much for that info! Very very helpful

anything