Author Topic: Super hungry baby?  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Super hungry baby?
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:55:04 AM »
Not exactly a Parenthood specific question, but...
My sim just had a baby.  This sim's first child, but not my first time dealing with sim babies.  I know they're always born hungry, so I had her breast feed right away.  Baby kept crying, didn't have stink clouds coming off of her, so I thought she needed attention.  Nope, kept crying.  Changed her diaper anyway, still kept crying.  Finally my sim bottle fed her on her own, and that was what the baby wanted.  Is it a thing for sim mothers to not produce enough milk?  Or maybe I jumped the gun and fed her before the game started tracking her needs?  It was kinda weird, never had a baby still be hungry after being fed.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Super hungry baby?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 08:48:55 AM »
I have had times where I know I breastfed the infant and then immediately aged them up, to find them starving.  So it seems like breastfeeding is variable on the amount of filling it does on their needs.  Also, when playing households where I can only control one sim, so they are taking care of the baby on their own, I have noticed they switch between breastfeeding and bottle feeding.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »
Sometimes babies can also become glitched if you have traveled away from the home lot or when you load in the game etc and their needs just never get filled. Might be easier to age the baby up a bit faster than normal if the needs can't be filled if you are worrying about the baby being taken away.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 11:01:44 PM »
I think what happened is that, since I already knew babies are hungry right away, I fed her IMMEDIATELY after she was born- and the game was still catching up, and hadn't even registered her needs yet.  If you follow what I mean. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 11:42:28 PM »
Yes, I totally understand that. No idea why this glitch occurs but it is annoying if it happens when you actually do want to play with a baby in the household.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything