Author Topic: Kingdom Rush  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Kingdom Rush
« on: May 24, 2020, 03:26:32 PM »
I just purchased this cheap and fun TD game on Steam. $10 -- how could I go wrong? ;) I am really enjoying it. On Normal difficulty it is quite hard. I cannot imagine the next difficulty. For the moment I cannot even get 3 stars (no enemies getting past the end gate) on the 3rd mission.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/246420/Kingdom_Rush/

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Kingdom Rush
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 08:44:00 PM »
I've seen you playing this a few times. I tried it on mobile at some point but didn't get into it. I'm definitely going to give it another shot. Tower Defense is one genre I'm really passionate about, but I have pretty high standards. This being a paid game definitely makes it better for me because there are a lot of trash mobile games in this genre (possibly because it's fairly approachable from a coding standpoint and doesn't require AI).

Defense Grid is my favorite of all time but a unique spin on the genre was Anomaly: Warzone Earth. It is kind of reverse TD as your 'towers' are vehicles in a convoy and you have to plan the order to place upgrades etc and sometimes frantically try to repair them. Instead of protecting a static location your vehicles are on the move and the goal is to get somewhere while "aliens" have put menacing towers that you need to get past. It's a pretty good game, but I don't know if it has pause functionality or not.

I actually made a walkthrough to that game but I am afraid I may have deleted it... welp.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything