Author Topic: No Fishing Spots in Port Promise?  (Read 6419 times)

Offline GnomeHat

• Nooboo
No Fishing Spots in Port Promise?
« on: June 05, 2020, 03:50:28 AM »
This one just seems strange to me, but I might be totally blind and missing it. Are there any fishing spots in the Port Promise neighborhood of Evergreen Harbor? It seems strange to me that they wouldn't be included considering the theme of the neighborhood and the necessity of having some kind of water gathering point for the Off the grid challenge.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: No Fishing Spots in Port Promise?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 04:28:08 AM »
I didn't see any.  I haven't visited the other neighborhoods, so I don't know about them.

And I'm wondering about the soy plants.  If all you get is wax... how do you plant your own?  Or maybe beans grow in certain seasons, it's spring for me and that's the only season I've seen so far.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shivani

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 09:10:29 PM »
And I'm wondering about the soy plants.  If all you get is wax... how do you plant your own?  Or maybe beans grow in certain seasons, it's spring for me and that's the only season I've seen so far.

The soy beans start showing in summer, but be aware. NPCs in the area will harvest those beans, too, or they have been in my test game.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 12:31:44 AM »
I didn't see any.  I haven't visited the other neighborhoods, so I don't know about them.

I got soybeans in the vertical garden Starter Fruits pack.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 07:41:45 AM »

Beans are collected when you harvest the plant, but there is a separate interaction to Collect Soy Wax. Seems to be every other day for the wax.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 12:28:27 PM »
Getting back to the original question, after a good look around I couldn't find any fishing spots in Port Promise, and exactly one each in the other two neighborhoods.  Really unusual, most other maps have them all over the place.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 08:54:13 PM »
I kinda assumed this was the reason for no fishing spots in Port Promise:

But I did wonder if they would show up when the area became healthier. Haven't seen any yet, though.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 04:21:31 AM »
I wondered the same thing, but having had the meter wander into Green several times, and the Green Initiative and Modern Development both fully in place, still nothing.

anything