Author Topic: Micro Home Super Skill Gains Not Working?  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Manderley

• Llama Wrangler
Micro Home Super Skill Gains Not Working?
« on: June 07, 2020, 09:00:00 AM »
My sim is in a micro home in Port Promise.  I don't feel like I'm seeing the crazy fast skill games that we have seen in the past.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Micro Home Super Skill Gains Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 01:09:41 PM »
It seems to be sporadic, or maybe the new skills aren't being affected.  My sims blasted through Cooking, but Handiness is dragging- and they're certainly getting enough practice upgrading things.  Fabrication is taking FOREVER.  That one should go a lot faster, especially to conceal the fact that you lose money on everything you make.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 09:02:52 PM »
@Brian_Z  bit late on the reply, been busy on the Guide lol. But if you head to a Community Maker Space the game spawns in NPC's who are Maker Mentors, they are there just for the sheer pleasure of mentoring your Sim in Fabrication. It's worth changing a Community Space just for this actually as the NPC's do not keep this tag on any other lot. The various Mentors will also mentor you in handiness if you should want to level that up fast while there too. Doesn't fix the Tiny Home boosts not working but is a kind-of work-around.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 10:14:04 PM »
All of the Tiny Home boosts seem to not be working, if your Tiny Home is in Evergreen Harbor.  If you're somewhere else, you'll skill like crazy as expected, get the proper discount on your bills, etc.  It just doesn't seem to work right in Evergreen Harbor.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 08:19:03 AM »
The Mentors will also mentor painting. If you move one in, they have maxed Handiness, Juice Fizzing, Fabrication, and Painting. I don’t know if they always have those skills maxed or if it’s only if you have the appropriate skilling objects on the lot.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 02:50:35 PM »
Not tiny house related, but fabrication skill gain related: in my first run it seemed like candle making was a far faster way to raise fabricating than using the fabricator. Cheaper too if you had bees or soy beans.