Author Topic: Fizzy Drinks  (Read 17663 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Fizzy Drinks
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2020, 07:40:47 AM »

Carrots                             Suspicious Fizz-  but I wonder if drinking several would guarantee a pregnancy results in a boy?  *It seems likely that it could, but it's MUCH easier to just eat carrots!

Strawberries                     Flirty.  Does it also guarantee a baby girl?  *It seems that it probably will, but it's MUCH easier to just eat strawberries.

Until now, strawberries and carrots were a foolproof way to get a boy or girl. I've just had eating many carrots fail me, and got a girl. So I'm very curious to hear people's results with the fizzy juice.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2020, 01:32:07 PM »

Carrots                             Suspicious Fizz-  but I wonder if drinking several would guarantee a pregnancy results in a boy?  *It seems likely that it could, but it's MUCH easier to just eat carrots!

Strawberries                     Flirty.  Does it also guarantee a baby girl?  *It seems that it probably will, but it's MUCH easier to just eat strawberries.

Until now, strawberries and carrots were a foolproof way to get a boy or girl. I've just had eating many carrots fail me, and got a girl. So I'm very curious to hear people's results with the fizzy juice.

In the middle of all this fizzing, my sim did get pregnant.  MCCC told me it was a boy.  I had my sim drink a total of 9 strawberry fizzes, and it didn't change.  But then I had her eat 1 strawberry, and it changed to a girl.  In my experience, it takes 5 or 6 strawberries or carrots to change the baby.  So, I think the fizzes had an effect.  But you can only drink 4 at once, then your sim passes out, and then will need a full night's sleep.  Waiting out the moodlets after 3, and drinking another 3, I guess you could get 6 down in a day.  I don't have any idea if Tofizz would wipe out the effect on the baby, if you drank some strawberry, drank some Tofizz to remove the moodlets, drank more strawberry... It would certainly take a lot of bathroom breaks!
Carrot fizz would be even worse.  It's a Suspicious Fizz, so a pregnant sim drinking even 1 will then spend the next 2 hours throwing up.  If they need to drink 10 or 12 to make it happen... your poor sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2020, 01:36:38 PM »
@MarianT Cool!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2020, 02:12:03 PM »
That's good info. I think the juice must have had an effect as you say, and if anyone else can add I'm sure we'd all like to know. :)

Yeah, my sim ate exactly 8 carrots and zero strawberries (didn't have a radio to listen to any music). Had a girl.

He's a fresh from the gallery monstrosity, and got abducted. (He got the call to marry in 7 days to get rich, and the girl he found turned out to be an alien, and naturally that boosted his chances of abduction. First abduction he got pregnant.) In my years of sim experience, the carrots and strawberries had exactly the same effect on abduction pregnancies. I've never been blindsided by this, ever, before. Now it seems unreliable. Next time I'm going to be less confident in eating carrots and strawberries. That's why I'm curious to know the reliability of the juice. The carrot juice solution is... rough. :)
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2020, 02:43:59 PM »
Having MCCC so I can peek and see if the carrots/strawberries have worked is a nice advantage.

Is that call you speak of something new?  I've never had it happen!  My current sim is single- her pregnancy was accidental, and the result of, er, the naughty mod- and might just be interested in marrying an alien for money.
Wait... is that the call saying you just got a big inheritance?  If you just say "Money!  Gimmee now!" then that's the condition?  I've always clicked "Under what condition?" and figured that's the right answer, and haven't tried anything else.  And my CHILD has gotten that call!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2020, 08:27:34 AM »
“What’s the condition” gets you $2500 immediately. If you take the “Money, money” option and you marry within 7 days, you get $5000. You’ll also get a tense moodlet until you get married or, I assume, time runs out.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2020, 05:06:19 PM »
Oh, wow!  Clicking that gives you 10 each of everything!  Even super rare stuff, like UFO and Death Flowers!

Not for me with testingcheats on and shift-clicking. Did you do something else?
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2020, 05:57:26 PM »
Nope, testingcheats on and shift-click the fizzing machine.  A bunch of options pop up, including something like "Kombucha Ingredients (Debug)" and same for Suspicious and Fizzy drinks.  Clicking those will give you 10 each of everything in that category.

Edit:  I had forgotten, I have debug cheats enabled through MCCC.  Since you only have to turn that on once, I had forgotten about it.

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2020, 04:10:28 PM »
Seeing the new fizzy guide is up I want to add that the foodie traid add a +2 inspired mood for 8 hours beside all the other buffs the juice add.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2022, 04:10:52 PM »
I just got around to trying out the Cottage Living plants in the fizzing machine, and I updated the original post.
Blueberry gave Inspired
Chocoberry gave Energized.  Which is interesting, because before that, only kombuchas made from herbs were Energized.  This is a fizzy drink.
Raspberry gave Playful.

I'm pretty sure I tried one of the new mushrooms a while back.  Big surprise, it was a Suspicious Fizz.  They're all mushrooms, so they're all going to become Suspicious fizzes.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2023, 01:36:27 PM »
@Brian_Z
Thanks so much for all your play-testing and note-taking.  It's so very useful!

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2023, 12:48:45 PM »
I read the original post in this thread, and came across the part that says that fizzy drinks last forever in the fridge.  From my experience, that's not true.  Sure the drinks may start out without the timer in the fridge, but eventually they start spoiling (though they do last over 20 days).  Is that a glitch, or is it intentional?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2023, 02:04:36 PM »
I never tried a long term test to see if they really lasted forever, I just observed that they had no spoil timer in the fridge.  If you take something out of the fridge and set it elsewhere, or put in in your inventory, it will get a spoil timer based on it not being refrigerated.  I guess it's possible that there is a hidden long term timer while they are in the fridge, and once that finally gets under a week it will finally show.

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2023, 02:09:41 PM »
Yeah, the timer starts showing when it's twenty-something days.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2023, 02:17:26 PM »
I never tried a long term test to see if they really lasted forever, I just observed that they had no spoil timer in the fridge.  If you take something out of the fridge and set it elsewhere, or put in in your inventory, it will get a spoil timer based on it not being refrigerated.  I guess it's possible that there is a hidden long term timer while they are in the fridge, and once that finally gets under a week it will finally show.

20 days without spoiling is still really great for a sim running a yard sale.
I can't see any benefit to selling juices from a food stand instead of vendor table.
When I tried selling a 12-pack from a food stand, sims were buying one can at a time instead of the whole pack.  Not efficient at all!

I finished play-testing yesterday to choose what juices a future sim will be selling, but I'll check vendor table spoilage using a debug item later today.
Question for you:  Do you use juices for emotional moods?  Your explanation of how Tofizz works to cancel juice moodlets makes juices a contender.
                           But I'm lazy and prefer emotion berries, club vibes, and incense burners. :D