Author Topic: Bess Sterling, Entrepreneur  (Read 29151 times)

Offline mustangs6551

• Nooboo
Bess Sterling, Entrepreneur
« on: June 10, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »
Hello everyone. Has anyone actually recooped any money from Bess Sterling? I've yet to see my investment (some 6k at this point!) returned. I've had a single pop up where someone offered me money, and there was some dialogue about asking "what's the catch" but it wasn't what I put in, maybe a grand.

Is Bess going to keep giving me the runaround, or is there a payoff eventually?!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Bess Sterling, Entrepreneur
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 07:02:10 AM »
My Sim must have given her between 5000 and 10000 simoleons. Then I complained once instead of donating. I think I got around 2500 simoleons back then. She got upset and hasn't called since, but via dialogue I can still fund a project. Last I did that, it ended up a no deal and got no money back. I didn't really care either way, as I always use the money cheat. But every time she called and I gave her 1000 simoleons, the friendship went up a great deal. I'm a little sad she doesn't call anymore...I was getting used to my boy funding her. Made it a special "friendship".
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 02:23:33 PM »
The call where you are informed you've inherited "a vast sum" doesn't seem to have anything to do with Bess and her scams.  "What's the catch?" is apparently the right answer and you get $2500.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 05:16:56 PM »
I just got $25,000 from Bess. I donated 4 or 5 times then I got a call from her and she gave me $25000. I was thinking of her as a money sink. My Freegan is not to happy right now. I never thought I would have to worry about making cash by giving it to what I assumed was a charlatan. Why can't the game understand my fregan doesn't want to make or spend money? I wanted a poor sim for once.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 09:22:00 PM »
Wow, so she really does pay out sometimes?  I had assumed she was just a scammer.  My household in Evergreen Harbor just plain didn't have $1,000 to give her in the first place, so I didn't really have to worry about it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 09:04:21 PM »
Yep Bess pays out quite well and fairly reliably if you invest a few times in a row. Best if you use the interaction for investing when your Sim is chatting to her face-to-face rather than the phone opportunity.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 02:48:11 PM »
I flat out refused her when she called and she blatantly said something along the lines of, "dang, I thought this scam would work."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 07:45:12 PM »
I just had my first return. My sim never met her in this run, and I only invested one time. Got a payout of 25,000

anything