Author Topic: Anarchy Scenario  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Anarchy Scenario
« on: June 12, 2020, 02:41:11 AM »
So remember that ridiculous trailer, where bubbly narrator who thinks she's talking to 10-year-olds says she went to university, and when she came back, Port Promise had gone to pot?  Well...
I had this game going for a little bit before the expansion, and I've just got back to it.  My sim was ready to go to university soon when I left off.  So I played her through to a degree, then bought a house in Grim's Quarry when she finished.  It's been long enough that all 4 NAP's have been voted in.  And it's as if a player had purposely created an anarchy scenario.  The community lot hasn't been changed, and the 4 NAP's are Free Love, Juiced Community, Roughhousing Encouraged, and Sharing is Caring.  Which also means the trash is still there.  So I have to keep the gate locked so the neighbors don't rob me, everybody's Dazed, fights break out constantly, and everybody woohoo's with everybody.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Anarchy Scenario
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 03:34:23 AM »
Friday came, and I immediately started a petition to repeal Sharing is Caring.  I checked the voting board to see what my progress was- there's a little icon on any NAP that has a petition out, with x/5 to tell you how many you have and still need.  And Roughhousing Encouraged ALSO had a petition!  Both were at 4/5.  So I'm wondering if I somehow started a petition for both, or if there will be random repeal attempts, or, maybe even the game has something built in "You want THIS repealed?  Then we're going to repeal THAT, too!"  Which is fine, because it's repealing something I also wanted gone.  When I got my last signature, the other one also had 5/5- so, either it mirrors my attempts, or my petition was somehow for both.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 06:13:56 AM »
That's interesting. Let us know what happens!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 02:42:27 PM »
It seems that the second "petition" was just a glitch.  Monday morning it had changed to Juiced Community that had 5/5 signatures, and when voting closed Monday evening only Sharing is Caring was repealed- the NAP I had started the petition for.
So I'll have to put up with the constant brawling for another week, but at least visitors are welcome to come up to the door and knock!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 06:07:49 PM »
Well, I finally got 3 of the NAP's repealed- Free Love is fine with me, but the others had to go.  Each time I had a petition out, there was another NAP showing exactly the same petition progress, but there was actually no petition and the other NAP would not get repealed, so it's just a bug.  There's much bigger bugs they need to fix first.  Now next weekend I just have to decide what 4th NAP to vote in, that won't be a PITA.  I've gotten Modern Development and Green Initiatives passed, so the neighborhood looks great now.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 06:19:03 PM »
So remember that ridiculous trailer, where bubbly narrator who thinks she's talking to Which also means the trash is still there.  So I have to keep the gate locked so the neighbors don't rob me, everybody's Dazed, fights break out constantly, and everybody woohoo's with everybody.

Thanks for the blast from the past and a laugh. I'm a child of the 60s. The hippie camps the broke out on the creeks of nearby rivers in my corner of Appalachia were simply not a safe place for this wood roaming, free range local girl child to be! More than once I'd grab my younger brother's hand and run once we were noticed and beckoned over by clearly chemically altered and unwashed young adults. Maybe they just wanted to know if we'd get them soap?

People still laugh at me when I say I was scared of hippies!

And, I saw the repeal bug as well.