Author Topic: Elder Traitsman  (Read 15052 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Elder Traitsman
« on: June 15, 2020, 06:27:59 AM »
Elder Traitsman

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
You can buy them from the Reward Store and you're awarded them for completing Aspirations. So, just how many traits can you accumulate between your two Elder Sims?

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create two Elder Sims — one Human/Alien with no life extension/life state changing allowed. The other Sim may be any life state with no life extension restrictions.
  • No adding to the household.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Save your file often because your Human/Alien will pass before the challenge is over and you need to go back to count total traits for your score. The surviving Sim can continue.
  • This challenge ends on Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Scoring

RS Traits < 2500 — Reward Store Traits costing less than 2500 Satisfaction. Press Y or click the Simology Tab and mouse over the traits for the Sim you need to score. If the description in blue says the trait is from the Reward Store and costs less than 2500 Satisfaction give yourself 1 point.

RS Traits 2500 + — Reward Store Traits costing 2500 Satisfaction or more. Press Y or click the Simology Tab and mouse over the traits for the Sim you need to score. If the description in blue says the trait is from the Reward Store and costs 2500 Satisfaction or more give yourself 2 points.

ASP Traits — Aspiration Traits. Press Y or click the Simology Tab and mouse over the various traits for the Sim you need to score. If the description in blue says the trait is from finishing an Aspiration give yourself 3 points.

Total — Just add your points received from the three different types of traits for your Total.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            RS Traits < 2500     RS Traits 2500 +     ASP Traits     Total     
Sruixan505284186
LenaLJ484681175
Nikitachi464072158
Elinoee463472152
mismck343842114
Nandarelle422236100
ratchie27301572
Metropolis Man30201262
celinegreen1681539
Teresa260632
rhi72164323
junegem114015
TimSim101100010
Deklitch4004

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Elder Traitsman
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 07:31:16 AM »
Elder Challenge, it's about time! ;D While this is not the Race To Immortality Challenge I was hoping for, this will do nicely, I do like controlling two Sims instead of one, it makes a nice change and it's certainly a lot less stressful than trying to control an entire household full of Sims.

Create two Elder Sims (any life state).

Any life state? I mean some of them don't die ... well not of old age anyway. :D

Save your file often because if one of your Elders dies before the challenge is over you'll need to go back to the last save to see how many traits they acquired.

Got a question or two for you already @Metropolis Man, I hardly think you're surprised, lol.

About the scoring, do the traits have to be unique to each Sim for them to count? For example if both Granny and Grandpa have the Frugal trait would they both score points from it or would only one of them get the points?

I'm guessing that Reward Potions do not count?

What about CAS traits or do they not count?

Is Eco Lifestyle banned for this event too?

I'm gonna assume that life extension to keep Grim at bay is not allowed?

Oh wow, this one is exciting, I'm gonna have get Thor hammering so I can practice for this one, gotta love fresh challenges, still gonna miss Elder Scrolls but this one is cool! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 07:38:06 AM »

Any life state? I mean some of them don't die ... well not of old age anyway. :D

I second this question. Also, are potions that reset the current life stage okay to use?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 08:30:09 AM »

The team bans Vampires and Spellcasters in so many events, so we're loosening up for this one. Nikitachi -- reset potions/ life extension  are fine.

About the scoring, do the traits have to be unique to each Sim for them to count? For example if both Granny and Grandpa have the Frugal trait would they both score points from it or would only one of them get the points?

I'm guessing that Reward Potions do not count?

What about CAS traits or do they not count?

Traits do not have to unique for them to count. Just open up each Sims' Simology tab and add up all the points. On CAS traits -- I'd say no because they cannot be scored in the categories laid out. They're just the introductory freebies.

Is Eco Lifestyle banned for this event too?

No. It will have been out for more than a month by the time this goes live.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 08:39:00 AM »
But, since Vampires and life extensions are allowed, how would this challenge differ from any regular one with YA sims? I'd suppose eldership has to play a differentiating role for the idea's purpose...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 08:49:41 AM »
But, since Vampires and life extensions are allowed, how would this challenge differ from any regular one with YA sims? I'd suppose eldership has to play a differentiating role for the idea's purpose...

Yeah, if you'd choose to go with a Human or an Alien you'd have to remember to deal with the shorter life span. We rarely do events with Elders and I thought the title was a nice play on "Elder Statesman" so that's kind of the thinking.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 09:30:45 AM »
Nikitachi, I have been thinking more about what you said and you're absolutely right. What's the point of spotlighting Elders in an event if there is no threat of dying? So, what about this, everyone? How about you have to start with a Human/Alien, and only after you have acquired 10 total traits would you be allowed to use life extension or alter life state? The Elder life stage on Short is two weeks, so 10 traits does not seem too difficult.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 09:38:24 AM »
Nikitachi, I have been thinking more about what you said and you're absolutely right. What's the point of spotlighting Elders in an event if there is no threat of dying? So, what about this, everyone? How about you have to start with a Human/Alien, and only after you have acquired 10 total traits would you be allowed to use life extension or alter life state? The Elder life stage on Short is two weeks, so 10 traits does not seem too difficult.

Metro, I don't know what the Elder life expectancy is on Short, but on Normal, which is what we're playing, it's 10 days.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 10:07:36 AM »
Metro, I don't know what the Elder life expectancy is on Short, but on Normal, which is what we're playing, it's 10 days.

Ah, right. Normal. Okay, so back to my question, everyone...would having the requirement of your two Sims acquire a combined total of 20 traits before they're allowed to do any kind of life extension/Life state alteration something you'd like added to the rules?

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 10:21:07 AM »
What if we all just play in the same conditions? I'd suggest the following options:

1) Playing with only Humans or Aliens, no life state change and no life extension potions. This way, everyone will have 10 days. The game lasts until both the Sims die. Players are highly recommended to save at least after each acquired trait, so they don't lose track. Then, the event will highly resemble 'The Bucket List Challenge: Whims before Grim' of 2018, although twice as long (Sims time) which gives us more options.
2) Everyone starts with Vampires or can turn later in game, and we get to play 2 full sim weeks. This, although, will have no sense in term of elderly and won't really match the challenge theme. And turning into a vampire isn't hard at all...
3) How about starting with one Elder Human and one Elder vampire? The human will then die when his/her time comes naturally (again, no changing life state and no age reset potion), and the vampire will carry on in memories of their dear friend/spouse up to Week 3, Day 1, 8 AM :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 11:44:27 AM »
I really like your #3 suggestion, Nikitachi. Actually, what about one Human and then giving the player the option of going Spellcaster or Vampire for Sim #2. No life extension for Human, but Sim #2 has no restrictions. But, let's not just immediately change a rule based on my opinion. What's everyone think?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 11:59:54 AM »
I like #3 the best.  but those without vampires or spellcasters will still need to be able to choose out of what they have available.  Would mermaids be allowed as either #1 or #2?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 12:03:23 PM »
I like #3 the best.  but those without vampires or spellcasters will still need to be able to choose out of what they have available.  Would mermaids be allowed as either #1 or #2?

I suppose we could just say no life state restriction on Sim #2.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 01:15:04 PM »

I suppose we could just say no life state restriction on Sim #2.

I like this option - it's simple and we still get the ticking clock pressure for #1. Would #2 be able to use potions of youth/ any other methods to ward off grim or only extend life via life state change?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2020, 01:51:25 PM »
I like this option - it's simple and we still get the ticking clock pressure for #1. Would #2 be able to use potions of youth/ any other methods to ward off grim or only extend life via life state change?

Depending on what others say (speak up, everyone...let's get more feedback, so players can start testing) I would probably word it like "Create two Elder Sims — one Human/Alien with no life extension/life state changing allowed. The other Sim may be any life state with no life extension restrictions." Seems wordy to me but that's my first go at it.

anything