Author Topic: Lights wont turn on  (Read 4073 times)

Offline springelf

• Nooboo
Lights wont turn on
« on: June 20, 2020, 07:41:37 PM »
I moved to a new house and electric lights wont turn on.  :( The power is on, tv etc work fine. Off-grid lights work. I moved them and the new house lights work. I deleted their real house and placed it again from file and moved them back in. I've turned all lights on/off, bought new lights and nothing works. They turned on one night and I thought it was fixed but its back to not turning on day or night. I dont use any Mods. I've never had an issue like this and I'm stumped.

Edit: The lights just turned on at 10pm in game. So, thats nice but still doesnt explain why the lights arent on the rest of the time.
Edit: And they turned off at some point between 3am-5am.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lights wont turn on
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 12:54:03 PM »
It sounds like the game is reading your indoor space as being outside. Double check that all of your rooms are actual rooms that are completely enclosed, have ceilings, etc. Did you build the house or was it downloaded?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 02:05:39 PM »
Also are you using roof rooms (rooms made from roofs for cool looks or to cheat extra rooms for tiny houses)? If so that can mess with it as well as those rooms don't "count" as indoor space even if they do in like heating and the like. But they can have the light issues you describe. It is the downside to having non-room rooms.

Offline springelf

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 07:13:54 PM »
Thanks for the replies :)

When I logged in, the lights were all on. Candles and lights werent working when last I played. I downloaded the house and I did some alterations. There was one spot that came with a wonky roof so I "fixed" that spot. So far so good!

Offline WillBrookes147

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
This is usual. At night the lights manually turn on and turn back off at sunrise