Author Topic: Autonomous actions *sigh*  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
Autonomous actions *sigh*
« on: June 24, 2020, 06:07:36 PM »
I used to enjoy playing with autonomy on, but it is starting to get on my nerves.

I installed a mod to keep sims from getting water all the time, but they still do it. It wouldn't bother me so much if they had added a thirst need, but they didn't so why bother?

But what really bothers me is when they start chatting about nothing which delays what you had queued up for them. And if you cancel their auto chat, it cancels everything. But if you don't, they can stand there for 20 minutes chatting about nothing.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Autonomous actions *sigh*
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 07:22:35 PM »
Happens to me as well. My biggest complaint about getting water is they leave those glasses  everywhere. And the talking can really impact sim productivity. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 12:03:31 AM »
There is a hidden thirst need and also a need for washing hands, I believe. It was added for its realism, I guess?

It does bother me when a Sim's multi-tasking includes chatting. It does make things take forever, and I usually cancel it. The two main activities that I can really gripe about is when my Sim tries to do their Conservation tasks in Mua Pel'am and when they are doing university homework - those activities seem to turn my Sim into a social magnet for some reason. I haven't noticed that cancelling chit-chat cancels out everything else though. Chit-chatting in and of itself is okay with me, since I don't want my Sims to be anti-social robots. It's just that they have a lousy ability to prioritize overall.

A thing that really annoys me, on the other hand, is when my Sim can't distinguish between who I want them to talk to and drags all kinds of nobodies into their conversation. That, or the nobodies forces themselves onto my already conversing Sim(s). For instance, if my couple is having a nice time flirting, and a townie decides to make themselves a part of that.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 02:49:25 AM »
There are three cases that bug me:
-autonomous pet interactions while eating (who TF stops eating to KISS their pet?) and autonomous 'stand up' interactions while eating (hugs, most often)
-autonomous interruptions of toddlers eating
-autonomous queueing of actions of toddlers while eating or using the potty

autonomy should be about doing stuff on your own when the queue is empty, not when already doing something...

Offline WillBrookes147

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 09:06:04 PM »
If you're on Sims 4 there is a mod called slice of life by kawaii Stacie which has a thirst need but I never had this issue so I can't help that way