Author Topic: Eco Lifestyle maths  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Entropic

• Nooboo
Eco Lifestyle maths
« on: June 30, 2020, 05:02:41 PM »
Hi,
Has anyone done the maths behind the production rating vs. consumption rating of items in eco lifestyle? Maybe it's just me because I don't primarily play Sims but other management games that have very easy to understand and transparent 1:1 ratios, but not knowing how much I am producing vs. consuming is driving me insane, especially when I want to expand my household and I need to build more water/production objects, but I don't know how many I need.

I tried to look a bit into how it works by playing around with some different lots in game, and while I can see a calculation pattern, I am too lazy to work through every possible condition. I also don't understand why certain conditions affect ratings more than others e.g. why industrial development gives a greater negative rating to the moisture vaporizers than the eco development does.

tl;dr is there any calculation to understand the rate of production vs. consumption of water and power in Eco Lifestyle?

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: Eco Lifestyle maths
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 05:58:25 PM »
Honestly, i gave up and put a bunch of turbines and rain collectors in a deep, deep basement :D

[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:34:49 PM »
I haven't figured it out, I just add more until I have extra and I get paid when bills are do. I hope someone did the math and can tell us exactly how it works.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 04:06:22 AM »
Honestly, i gave up and put a bunch of turbines and rain collectors in a deep, deep basement :D

That is hysterical.

Offline Entropic

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 09:10:39 AM »
That's unfortunate that no one's really cracked down on the maths. Is there nothing to be learned from the source code?