Author Topic: My sims aren't getting older...  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Soledat

• Nooboo
My sims aren't getting older...
« on: July 26, 2020, 07:29:17 AM »
Hi,
I have a family, I've played with them for more than 3 sim weeks, but they're not getting older. It still shows that they have xy days til aging, like they're completely new family. My kid already finished two aspirations and I really want to get her to be teen, but nothing... I checked my game options, I had normal sim lifespan. On top of everyting, one of my adult is one day older than the other, even if I made them at the same time and they're in the same family since the beginning, so there is absolutely no reason for her to be older than her girlfriend. Anything I can do about that? If I put cheats in, so I can age the kid in CAS, won't I loose some benefits or something like that?
PS:? Not sure if it has something to do with that, but I have no mods at all, so this can't be the reason.
Thanks for all suggestions...

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: My sims aren't getting older...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 12:52:54 PM »
See if you have aging turned off.  That's a switch that can be turned on or off, separate from the lifespan.  For the adults created at the same time, not being exactly the same age, that's normal.  The game will give it a little bit of randomness so everyone doesn't have the same birthday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Erin

• Sims Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
    • YouTube
Re: My sims aren't getting older...
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 05:30:32 PM »
Hi,
I have a family, I've played with them for more than 3 sim weeks, but they're not getting older. It still shows that they have xy days til aging, like they're completely new family. My kid already finished two aspirations and I really want to get her to be teen, but nothing... I checked my game options, I had normal sim lifespan. On top of everyting, one of my adult is one day older than the other, even if I made them at the same time and they're in the same family since the beginning, so there is absolutely no reason for her to be older than her girlfriend. Anything I can do about that? If I put cheats in, so I can age the kid in CAS, won't I loose some benefits or something like that?
PS:? Not sure if it has something to do with that, but I have no mods at all, so this can't be the reason.
Thanks for all suggestions...

Like @Brian_Z said, slightly different ages is a normal occurrence in sims. They did it in 3 as well. As far as aging them, I would recommend that if it turns out you have aging on, and it's still not working, not to age your sims in CAS. I would make a cake ( only need one for this), and then have a sim blow them out. If you want to age up more sims, just keep adding candles and having them take turns blowing them out. If you age sims up using CAS, things can go wrong. Say you are aging an adult to elder, when they come out of  CAS they sometimes promptly die. I hope this helps you solve your problem, and any future issues as well.
You think you know who you are, what's to come. You haven't even begun. ~ Dracula
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy vs. Dracula
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7izdNOLStXDQMCan_wQyBQ/