Author Topic: Question about the stereo/radio?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Sim4dreamer

• Nooboo
Question about the stereo/radio?
« on: August 10, 2020, 02:54:05 PM »

Hi,

When I played The Sims 3 in the past, when you turned on the radio (with or without using a sim) the music would play and the sim would automatically listen to it and have a positive mood buff on top of whatever they are doing.

It seems when I try this with The Sims 4, I have to manually have the sim listen to the radio to get the positive mood- even if the radio is already on.

Is this correct? Do the sims eventually enjoy the radio when it is on or is just completely ignored? I can't seem to search and find out this specific question anywhere online, so maybe it's a user problem...

Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Question about the stereo/radio?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 03:18:23 PM »
Seems so but listening to music is a multitaskable interaction just like it is in real life.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 03:55:14 PM »
Right, to get the buffs from certain stations or fulfill a whim or aspiration goal, you have to manually make them listen.  All sims are dancing fools though, they will pretty much fill in any not-doing-anything-right-now period by dancing.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 03:57:30 PM »
You usually have to click to listen to the radio, but it is a multitaskable activity as Trip said. But a turned on radio is not always ignored. On very rare occasions I have had sims chose on their own to start listening. But that is extremely rare. More often I have had sims quit doing what I wanted them to do to dance to the music. In fact I find the radio is a huge draw for sims. My advice is when not wanting your sims to listen music, or dance is to keep the radio off. I have had hungry sims I sent to cook themselves dinner quit mid cook to go dance. Annoying.

Offline Sim4dreamer

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »

Thank you everyone, I appreciate it.