Author Topic: How to get to the mixology career after having level 10 in culinary career.  (Read 8287 times)

Offline LillaTinTin

• Nooboo
I started the culinary career, chose the "chef" branch.
Now, I want to go to the mixology branch, but Even if I start the culinary career from scratch, I don't get to choose a branch.
I only automatically go to chef, and level up to highest level.

I bought the  reward "connection" if that has anything to do whit it.

This means I cant do the aspiration "master mixologist"
How can I solve this?

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
I don't know how exactly the branches work, but maybe you could try to leave cooking career, join some other career, then leave it and go back to cooking. Maybe test that on a side save if you don't want your character to age while testing this.
Also, there's an easy way out of this - cheat-complete the aspiration step. (I don't know the cheat syntax but it's in the cheats guide) Honestly, my opinion is that career requirements in aspirations are stupid because it creates an artificial barrier on combining some aspirations (or devalues freelancers in case of aspirations tied to the specific skills).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
What @TomasGrizzly  said will not work as far as the career goes. The only way to join the Mixology career after progressing past the split in the career is to earn the mixology certificate from sitting in ten classes from your phone. All aspirations can be completed without cheats and only the one that came with University require it.

@LillaTinTin I got it backwards the mixology career branch works for both aspirations not the cooking one so I am a bit of a dumb dumb. So get that mixology certificate if you have Discoverer University. The only other option is to cheat. Sadly I was mistaken and the cooking aspiration was altered not the mixology aspiration.

Post edited for accuracy.

Offline LillaTinTin

• Nooboo
Darn it!! I dont have any expansions!
I only borrow this game from the library. But when I buy it I will get ALL the expansion, so I will take your advice with me.
Thank you so very much!!
Have a Great day.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Cheats can still get you past. It is the only way without Discover University after you chose the restaurant path.