Author Topic: IS there a cinematic camera mode in PS4?  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Jrod6630

• Nooboo
IS there a cinematic camera mode in PS4?
« on: August 28, 2020, 10:21:02 AM »
I know about First Person... It's okay but I am hoping for better.

What I'm doing: I have created a rather large and complex build ( even bigger than the nuclear reactor I built) and I have been asked to do a video tour of the facility on YouTube. So never mind the fact that I've never put anything out on YouTube before (I think I can figure that out) what I'm trying to do is find the best way of conducting a tour like this and I'm thinking that the Cinematic camera that I've seen other YouTubers you would be the way to do it. The problem is I don't know how to do that on PS4 or if it's even possible on the console. I would really love to be able to set camera point and basically let it run and then take the video and just upload it but if I'm stuck with dealing with first person I guess I'll be okay( not particularly satisfied but it'll suffice)

Has anyone here done what I'm trying to do and can offer some advice? I would really like this to be a really quality presentation or is at least the best I can come up with

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: IS there a cinematic camera mode in PS4?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 03:19:22 PM »
I know about First Person... It's okay but I am hoping for better.

What I'm doing: I have created a rather large and complex build ( even bigger than the nuclear reactor I built) and I have been asked to do a video tour of the facility on YouTube. So never mind the fact that I've never put anything out on YouTube before (I think I can figure that out) what I'm trying to do is find the best way of conducting a tour like this and I'm thinking that the Cinematic camera that I've seen other YouTubers you would be the way to do it. The problem is I don't know how to do that on PS4 or if it's even possible on the console. I would really love to be able to set camera point and basically let it run and then take the video and just upload it but if I'm stuck with dealing with first person I guess I'll be okay( not particularly satisfied but it'll suffice)

Has anyone here done what I'm trying to do and can offer some advice? I would really like this to be a really quality presentation or is at least the best I can come up with

Unfortunately, there are no mods available for the console ports of The Sims 4.  Mods are available only for specific games on either console and the makers of The Sims 4 console editions did not implement mod support.  So, you will need to use the in-game camera to record your footage.

Hope this helps and happy Simming. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jrod6630

• Nooboo
Re: IS there a cinematic camera mode in PS4?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 04:15:12 PM »
I found it. It's intended to be used with a keyboard. I added a USB keyboard and mouse and the games UI adjusted to a PC kind of setup. I was able to use the cinematic camera using the 5 thru 9 keys. Not mod needed - it is all a part of the base game.

anything