Author Topic: Vacation Homes (Sims 4)  (Read 53489 times)

Offline 1920s

• Nooboo
Vacation Homes (Sims 4)
« on: September 06, 2020, 01:41:03 PM »
YOU CAN own a vacation house IN ANY WORLD in Sims 4, here's how you do it:

Find the house or lot you want for your vacation home. Go into it via Build Mode. In the top left (info panel) change the property to Retail. All you need on a retail property is one cash register. Buy one and place it on a counter. I hide my cash register by hitting the [ key to make it smaller. Then, with Ctrl-Shift-C I type testingcheats on, in the bar. Then I place another object over the tiny cash register so I don't have to see it.

After that, I go to the Sim family who wants a vacation home, they buy a retail place and NEVER OPEN it. They can go there any time. Friends and family can go with them or be called to visit.

One thing I have noticed is the stereos I have put in my vacation houses can only be designated to be put up for sale. If you want music for your Sims, you should put in the retail speaker(s) where you want.

If you need a non-cheating way to earn lots of Simoleons, without having a job, to buy the vacation home, place an Attic Stack Box next to a doorway so your Sim is standing in the doorway to Rummage for decorations. Have your Sim(s) Rummage until the floor is covered with decor. Then, go into Build Mode and sell all of it. There will be decorations in your Build Mode inventory, and you can sell them, too. Keep doing this until you have whatever amount of money you want.

Happy Simming!

I am, therefore I Sim.
Happy Simming!
Katrina

I am, therefore I Sim.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Vacation Homes (Sims 4)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 06:00:49 AM »
That's a funny workaround ;D

Sometimes, if it's just the house I like, I will save the lot (enabling free build) and then place it in a different location.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline 1920s

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 01:37:06 PM »
That's a funny workaround ;D

Sometimes, if it's just the house I like, I will save the lot (enabling free build) and then place it in a different location.

I have done that, also. My favorite thing about the game is playing with architecture. I've got houses I just like to go into and look at, with no families in them. One neighborhood is all 1920s (my favorite decade) houses.

Happy Simming!

Katrina

I am, therefore I Sim.
Happy Simming!
Katrina

I am, therefore I Sim.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 08:24:29 PM »
Well, now I know what my current sim is going to do with all her money!  She's got a money tree she just planted indoors, so eventually that will be producing over 30k simoleans a day.  And she's already earned Fabulously Wealthy, even though at the moment she's broke- it was lucky she made money visiting Batuu, or she wasn't going to be able to pay her weekly bills!

anything