Author Topic: 2020 Tournament Finale: Ghost Family  (Read 14382 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
2020 Tournament Finale: Ghost Family
« on: September 28, 2020, 06:42:15 AM »
2020 Tournament Finale: Ghost Family

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal

2020 has been a year like no other, so it only fits that we end it with a challenge like no other - with a house full of Playable Ghosts. I wonder how many of us will be earning the "Ghost Family" achievement for the first time?

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Human Sim, Teen or older.
  • In game, add seven other Sims to the household; any life stage, any life state except Ghosts.  Once in, no Sim can be removed from the household except by death.
  • Sims can be added only by "Ask to move in" or "Ask to join household". The marriage move-in screen is not allowed. (Also no use of household management).
  • During the "move in" interaction, you can move any number of Sims from the other household into your household. But if you choose to move your household to the other lot, you must move in your entire household, and you can't move any of the Sims in the target lot out of their lot.
  • Each Sim must complete a unique adult aspiration before death. (Child aspirations do not count.)
  • All 8 Sims must die in a different way.
  • After a Sim dies, any Sim in the household can invite the dead Sim's ghost back into the household.
  • You must keep tombstones/urns on the property at all times (not in personal or family inventory).  If the death occurs off the home lot, another household member must go retrieve the tombstone/urn. If the tombstone/urn can't be retrieved, a different sim must be invited into the household, must fulfill the unique aspiration and unique death requirements, and then must be brought back into the household as a ghost.
  • If a Sim accidentally dies in the same way as a previous Sim died, or if a Sim dies without completing a unique aspiration, you must release that Sim's spirit to the Netherworld.  A different Sim must then be invited into the household,  must fulfill the unique aspiration and unique death requirements, and then must be brought back into the household as a ghost.
  • Sims can be aged up early, but cannot be aged up again until three days have passed (3 full 24-hour periods).
  • Rally the Troops, Potion of Plentiful Needs, Beetle Juice, and wishing for Youthful Vigor at the wishing well are not allowed for this challenge.
  • Challenge ends when all eight sims have died and have rejoined the household as playable ghosts.

Scoring

Time (Minutes): When you move in your 8th ghost, pause your game and note the Week, Day, and hour. Plug the information into [Lena's Spreadsheet] to give you the total minutes for your score.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If we discover an exploit, we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort. 

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Time (Minutes)     
Nandarelle4072
Nikitachi4734
LenaLJ4984
mismck5004
pinkflamingo10145086
Sruixan5108
GlazeyLady9263
Metropolis Man11644
ratchie14415
SueDenim17872
Teresa21146
Eighty8Keys21184
CynKuy22738
Nelleam26954
celinegreen34177
coolsim999999937281

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: 2020 Tournament Finale: Ghost Family
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »
10/20/20 - Added - Wishing for Youthful Vigor at the wishing well is not allowed. (A sim must be in the household, die a unique death, be invited back into the household. Any other way of getting a ghost into the household is not allowed.)
11/18/20 - Updated to clarify that the marriage move-in screen is not allowed. This is because it didn't come up until late in the challenge, and we felt it was too late to change the rules. If you brought sims into your household through the marriage move-in screen, you are allowed to restart your challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 05:12:18 PM »
This looks really interesting.  Must begin planning...
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 10:26:06 PM »
Bizarrely,  I am 7/8ths of the way through a household very much like this.  (Not entirely-but very similar. I was going for the ghost family achievement for the first time  ;D)
This is tougher than it looks.  But also fun.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 10:45:24 PM »
The finale is a major challenge and counts for 2 events, right? 

By the way, awesome idea for a challenge 8).  I've gotta do knit wits fast so I can start to practice for the finale!

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 06:27:57 AM »
This challenge looks particularly fun. I miss Sims so much.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 06:41:48 AM »

Correct.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 08:45:02 AM »
I wonder how many of us will be earning the "Ghost Family" achievement for the first time?
Erm, I've never ever had a single one playable Ghost... :D

Question regarding moving in: can we transfer simoleons between households when we get to join someone or someone joins us?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 09:40:16 AM »
I wonder how many of us will be earning the "Ghost Family" achievement for the first time?
Erm, I've never ever had a single one playable Ghost... :D

Question regarding moving in: can we transfer simoleons between households when we get to join someone or someone joins us?
Yes you can.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 03:57:45 PM »
Quote from: coolsim9999999 on September 28, 2020, 10:45:24 PM
"Correct."
Thanks a lot, Metro!

"Question regarding moving in: can we transfer simoleons between households when we get to join someone or someone joins us?"
"Yes you can."
I'm glad we can do that Glazeylady 8).

Coolsim

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 05:16:05 PM »
Can we move between lots any time or only when adding to the household?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 05:18:31 PM »
Can we move between lots any time or only when adding to the household?

It's okay to move any time you want to, but all sims have to make the move (no sim left behind) and be sure to take any urns/tombstones with you.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 05:56:50 PM »
perfect, thanks!

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 08:04:31 AM »
After a Sim dies, any Sim in the household can invite the dead Sim's ghost back into the household.

What if a Sim dies, but stays as a household member on his/her own? Is it fine?
(there is a type of death that does that)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 11:39:51 AM »
After a Sim dies, any Sim in the household can invite the dead Sim's ghost back into the household.

What if a Sim dies, but stays as a household member on his/her own? Is it fine?
(there is a type of death that does that)

No, this is not allowed. The sim must die and then be invited back into the household as a ghost. The only way I know of for that to happen is with Beetle Juice, which is not allowed per the rules. If there's another one, please let me know so I can add it to the rules.