Author Topic: Grim just came and collected the soul of a sim who isn't dead  (Read 1177 times)

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
Grim just came and collected the soul of a sim who isn't dead
« on: October 26, 2020, 10:02:29 PM »
So, I'm playing my ID file, Siren's daughter was making her way back home when the camera panned to the backyard. Confused, I looked around and saw Grim appear.  I see Siren run outside and start mourning her daughter. The problem is that her daughter didn't die. I even made her go outside to watch which triggered her to mourn herself... ??? The ghost is pinkish, smelly, pregnant, and wearing her pregnancy outfit. Gen 4 has already been born and is a toddler so she's not been pregnant for a while.

I am confused and dumbfounded as I've never seen this before. Does anyone have experience with this and what would be the next step as far as my dynasty goes?

Edit: So after the ghost hopped into the tomb Grim didn't leave. He moved to another spot in the backyard and did the same thing again and again.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
Re: Grim just came and collected the soul of a sim who isn't dead
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 10:07:00 PM »
Pics for reference

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 10:45:09 PM »
That's crazy! And yeah I've never seen it. Is her (real?) daughter the one standing in the bikini? (Just gotta understand what's going on here)

I wonder if it has to do with the temporary invisible clones that are created when sculpting a sim...a real thing if you weren't aware already! To see for yourself, queue up more ice sculptures while a sim is waiting on being sculpted. You may see the clone in the list of sims!

I guess if she was sculpted while pregnant, the clone got stuck looking pregnant instead of disappearing like usual, and then died? Pregnant sims are immune to death under usual circumstances but I doubt the temp. clone made when sculpting a pregnant sim is really considered pregnant by any standards besides having the belly. TS3 really would be that crazy and inefficient though.

From a dynasty standpoint: I have no idea if this is necessarily something game-breaking but if you're worried and don't want to find out, going back to a previous save is fine by me.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 11:00:47 PM »
That's crazy! And yeah I've never seen it. Is her (real?) daughter the one standing in the bikini? (Just gotta understand what's going on here)

I wonder if it has to do with the temporary invisible clones that are created when sculpting a sim...a real thing if you weren't aware already! To see for yourself, queue up more ice sculptures while a sim is waiting on being sculpted. You may see the clone in the list of sims!

I guess if she was sculpted while pregnant, the clone got stuck looking pregnant instead of disappearing like usual, and then died? Pregnant sims are immune to death under usual circumstances but I doubt the temp. clone made when sculpting a pregnant sim is really considered pregnant by any standards besides having the belly. TS3 really would be that crazy and inefficient though.

From a dynasty standpoint: I have no idea if this is necessarily something game-breaking but if you're worried and don't want to find out, going back to a previous save is fine by me.

Yeah, her daughter is the one in the bikini. I made her go outside and she also had the mourn action followed by the wish to resurrect herself.

I was not aware that was what that was! Whenever my sculptor's sculpt I always assumed the extra names were just a glitch that didn't affect anything. You've taught me something new lol

Everything seemed to go on as normal after he was finally done. He even stayed around and cleaned a dish before he left.

anything