Author Topic: Having major issues. Game basically to unstable to play. (major bug)  (Read 1496 times)

Online scoed

• Watcher
My game keeps crashing and freezing. Get errors when trying to save So that is not always possible. All mods and CC have been removed and disabled. Localthumbcache has been deleted as has all other cache files. The game has been repaired, twice. All my drivers are current. Origin has been updated. Game is fully updated and all expansions downloaded. Windows is fully updated. Tried restarting PC. Tried a full factory reset. Auto was turned off. I haven't played since the last update till today and I just can't play. This is all with a fresh save. Can't play the new expansion I just wasted $40 on at all as this happens within a sim day or two. I read about the crashing errors but I thought you would get more than a sim day.  I have no idea what to do about this. I guess this bug is known, but this is upsetting. Just GRRRR.

AnswersHQ PS4 crash https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Current-Issue-PS4-Sims-4-Random-Crashing-Patch-1-33/m-p/9717446
AnswersHQ PC crash https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/td-p/9719086
AnswersHQ Mac crash https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-crashing-since-November-2020-update-NOT-CC/m-p/9717689#M39301
AnswersHQ PS4 audio loss https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Muted-Sounds/td-p/9722558

Please "me too" it if you too are having an issue. SimGuruNick suggests turn off the auto but this did not help me.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983645/crashing-with-the-november-10-update%C2%A0

Just a heads up. I have been working over sixty hours a week and I wasted rare freetime trying to play. As I said I am not happy right now. >:(

Offline Franki

• Occult
Re: Having major issues. Game basically to unstable to play. (major bug)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 09:18:13 PM »
They have said that a patch will be coming out November 20th, until then all we can do is save every few seconds and hope for the best.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 09:21:23 PM »
It's a weird bug because some have been able to play with zero issues, some have some minor warning before it crashes, another lot can't even get origin to open after repairing it, finally you have ones like me who get no warning before it crashes.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 09:35:07 PM »
I was having trouble today, but there is a workaround that worked for me...

In Origin, select Sims 4, Game properties, Advanced Launch Options.  Add -nosound in the Command line arguments.  It turns off the in game sound but the crashing stops.  Then the patch on Nov 20 is supposed to fix the problem.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 02:05:34 AM »
Update has come out to those on PC, Console users still have to wait, hopefully the issue is fixed.

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 10:46:01 AM »
It seems the patch made it worse for many players. I still can't play the game. Looks like another great showing for the sims. I wonder if they play tested this at all before release, this patch, the previous patch, this expansion, anything at all. I am really wondering.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 03:33:04 AM »
For a change, the patch has fixed all my issues, I guess I got lucky, I feel bad for those now or still affected, it was not fun with all the crashing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 04:49:25 AM »
Now I can't even load the game. Before at least I could do that. The bug repair patch made it worse for me.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 05:24:33 AM »
@scoed Do you think your specs might factor in?

I have noticed that my own computer is taking much longer to load up the game after this expansion pack.
I can't help but feel that the game is becoming more and more demanding to run.

No amount of bug patches will help, if the game suddenly requires better specs :-\

Just a thought.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 10:48:06 PM »
OK It wasn't EA fault my game would not load. Apparently something went wrong when I updated the patch and as I was upset I didn't bother repairing my game after as it would have been the fourth time this month. I ran repair game today and it now loads. Yea. I can now play The Sims 4 again.