Author Topic: School Projects taking days to complete  (Read 6436 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
School Projects taking days to complete
« on: November 17, 2020, 03:07:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have noticed that my teen is taking DAYS to finish her school project. She can be on it for hours and hours, but the circle which normally tells you how far they are through the task, is no longer there. I have restarted and repaired the game and nothing changes. I'm interested in knowing if anyone else is also having this issue? I haven't seen anything online, so I thought that I would check here.

Thank you

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: School Projects taking days to complete
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 05:28:24 AM »
It usually doesn't take that long - some hours at most with help from other Sims.

It could be an expansion-related oopsie :-\
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 02:44:10 PM »
Working carefully with no help, it should take about 5 or 6 hours.  So if it's taking longer than that, it's likely a bug.  The last couple of sims I sent through university would sometimes take all night, like 8 hours, to complete homework- normally 2, 2.5 hours.  But not all the time, just once in a while one subject would take forever.  Lucky for them, they were spellcasters and don't have to sleep if they don't want to.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 12:04:00 AM »
I just had it happen with a child, no progress meter and no progress either.  This kid has completed a project before, no problem.  Also his little sister (toddler) won't eat, she just sits there with her plate, babbling and whatnot, and never takes a bite.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 04:44:57 PM »
So it must be a glitch/bug or something then.. bummer. Thanks for checking and helping @Brian_Z and @Nindigo  :)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 09:54:08 PM »
@KTK10  Are you living in Mt Komorebi?  Just wondering if it's only happening there.  I've only seen the problem with toddlers not eating there.  And also I have sims randomly walking into my house, Yamachan especially.  I have to kick him out using MCCC at least 3 times a day.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 02:23:57 AM »
No, I'm in Newcrest.. so it's not related to the new pack unfortunately

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 03:37:02 AM »
Well, the toddler's eating properly again, now that I moved to Evergreen Harbor.  Visitors are walking through the house on their way to knock on the front door, but that's just because this house is sideways to what the game considers the "front".  They're at least not walking right in and parking in front of the computer.  I'll give it a couple more game days, and if I don't warm up to this gallery download, it's off to Newcrest for me too.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 04:32:54 AM »
I've just done a school project in normal time. The one disclaimer is a visual glitch where there is no circular progress bar. But the project was still done.

I saw the same glitch with the progress bar not displaying for upgrading the video edition station and streaming drone from Get Famous. First I thought nothing was happening and gave up in despair of the bugs. But I had more patience today, and those upgrades were completed. Just annoying to not see the progress bar.

And @Brian_Z this child, former toddler (top notch) was born and raised in Mt Komorebi, and never had trouble eating. Even asked Don Lothario, father of said toddler, for food in the high chair, and all worked as intended. I did have a bug where the mother travelled to do some of the skiing and such, and the kid was supposedly at daycare. Came back to a toddler with needs all in red. Crying of exhaustion, but gotta feed her so she's not taken away, but also needs fun and attention. It took days to recover from that fully. Sometimes daycare worked properly, but the exception to the rule was rather brutal.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »
The toddler not eating bug is strange.  The child I have currently, as a toddler he ate just fine in their first home.  On vacation in Mt Komorebi, he wouldn't eat.  Back home again, he ate normally.  When I had them move to Mt Komorebi, he ate.  I aged him up as soon as he earned Top Notch Toddler, because toddlers are a pain and he had a little sister coming soon.  So then his little sister wouldn't eat- until they moved to Evergreen Harbor.
And the project completion thing is also unpredictable.  His first project, he completed normally.  The next week, he and his mom worked on it for hours, no progress bar, and it never even changed to the next stage.  He did earn a lot of Logic for it though.
And a while back there was a bug with self care and day care, where only Hunger would fill up.  I had a single mom doing an active career, so she would come home to an utterly miserable toddler every day, and spend the rest of the evening resolving that.  Potty, bath, play at least twice, then get the poor kid to bed, by that time it's midnight.  At that time, I hadn't discovered UI Cheats Extension.

Offline DorismcCarthy

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 10:39:28 AM »
Sorry for raising such a thread. It amazed me that until now, I didn't know that it takes several days to complete a school project, I always thought it was a bug, and this simple one doesn't work. LOL

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 03:59:22 PM »
It is a bug, if a project takes more than about 4 hours without help, and with help it should go much faster.  Every once in a while university homework will take far longer than it should as well.  Try exiting the game and reloading, that usually will fix it.

anything