Author Topic: Patio Eating  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Dadjokes502

• Nooboo
Patio Eating
« on: December 30, 2020, 02:52:10 PM »
How do I get sims to eat outside on the porch. I have long tables set outside to eat on but no one will eat out there. There’s an outside warmer so I assume you can eat outside.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Patio Eating
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 03:03:09 PM »
Yes, they certainly can. I don't operate restaurants but I visit them, and my sims do sometimes get seated outside.  Maybe someone else has tips on what will make your hostess prefer to seat diners outside.
And if you're the customer, you can click on a specific table and request it.  I also have Seasons, and the restaurant staff are idiots, and they might seat me out in the rain, so if the weather's bad I'll make sure to request an indoor table.  If it's nice out, I'll request an outside table.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 03:10:11 PM »
And I just noticed, you said you have long tables out there.  With several seats at each, right?  Your hostess will try to seat the diners efficiently, so if a table has 6 seats, she will usually only seat a party of at least 5 there.  You don't get large parties very often.  So try just one big table, and then an assortment of tables for 2 or 4.  I bet they get used more often.

Offline Dadjokes502

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 08:37:27 PM »
I put booths on the patio and it works just fine they hold only a few people.

anything