Author Topic: How Do You Use Magic in Your Game?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline owlsight

• Llama Wrangler
How Do You Use Magic in Your Game?
« on: January 03, 2021, 03:21:12 PM »
I need some inspiration as to how to use magic in my game.  What spells do you use all the time? 

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: How Do You Use Magic in Your Game?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 07:54:04 PM »
What's funny is, I LOVE spellcasters... but I don't go crazy using their powers.  I could live on Potion of Plentiful Needs, but I don't, I prefer to eat, sleep, and shower normally, and those potions are just an emergency backup.  Same thing with Delicioso- I only conjure food if cooking would be really inconvenient at the moment.
Now I do use Scruberoo a lot.  And I always set my spellcasters to Always Transportalate as soon as they learn that one.  Potion of the Nimble Mind comes in handy a lot.  And LittleMsSam's CC spell Upgradios- you can fully upgrade an item with one spell.  My spellcasters usually don't learn Handiness at all, unless they help their teens with the electricity project.
And when celebrities start Inciting Cheers, I love tormenting them with mischief spells.  Take your pick, anything under the Mischief category. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 08:12:44 PM »
Also, if you use mods-- I highly recommend the Ministry of Magic Career, by Caelinaarria on Mod The Sims, and also Ilkavelle's magic-related careers.  Ilkavelle has her own site, ilkavelle.wixsite.com/simsquest.  Also LittleMsSams improved spells mod.

Offline owlsight

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 10:40:41 AM »
I used the spell Herbio and got death flowers, a pomegranate tree, carrots, potatoes, and onions.  I was very pleased to get the pomegranate tree because I know it's rare.  I don't want to use that again because I think my garden is big enough.  When you use Delicioso how many plates of food do you get? 

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 12:51:14 PM »
Cool, I haven't messed around with Herbio!  I assumed it would give you just the new magical plants, it never occurred to me it might give me ordinary plants that are also potion ingredients.

Delicioso will just create one plate at a time.  Grand Delicioso will create one group meal.  It's random, what food you'll actually get.

anything