Author Topic: Artistic Endeavors: Introvert and Extrovert  (Read 7656 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Artistic Endeavors: Introvert and Extrovert
« on: February 06, 2021, 05:31:38 AM »
Artistic Endeavors: Introvert and Extrovert

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
Sketch out your strategy in this artistic money-making challenge. There are many ways for your artistic Sims to rack up household funds, but one of your Sims must choose introverted ways to earn their money while the other opts for extroverted paths.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. Exceptions are noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create two Young Adults — any life state.
  • No adding to the household.
  • If a Sims dies, continue the challenge with the remaining Sim.
  • Rally the Troops and Wishing Well are banned.
  • The Potion of Plentiful Needs and Copypasto are banned.
  • All household income is restricted to the allowed methods listed below.
  • Retail stores, Plopsy, and flea market tables are allowed as long as items sold are products of allowed skills and the sales are made by the Sim who made the item.
  • This challenge ends at Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Allowed forms of income (Introvert)...
  • Careers: Painter; Writer (Freelance Painter and Writer are fine)
  • Skills: Painting; Photography; Woodworking; Writing

Allowed forms of income (Extrovert)...
  • Careers: Actor or Actress; Entertainer
  • Skills: Acting; Comedy; Guitar; Piano; Singing; Violin

Given the income restrictions Fabulously Wealthy and Mansion Baron Aspirations are banned.

Scoring

Household Funds — At Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m., pause your game and note your Household Funds.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Household Funds
Nandarelle2986728
LenaLJ2767492
Nikitachi2351030
ratchie1752384
Teresa1676450
Eighty8Keys1413806
Delokkpsi649239
SueDenim628878
Ginj608422
Metropolis Man426274
Noyo245543
techiechick218379
kinseyam174802
Emmariley192154000
CynKuy88948

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Artistic Endeavors
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 05:31:58 AM »
2/8 -- Banned Rally the Troops and Wishing Well.

2/8 -- Any items sold via Plopsy, flea market table, or retail stores must be sold by the Sim who made the item.

2/9 -- The Potion of Plentiful Needs and Copypasto are banned.

2/10 -- Given the income restrictions Fabulously Wealthy and Mansion Baron Aspirations are banned.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 05:50:36 AM »
Interesting! However, among the listed skills allowed, there are a few that will give you WAY much more simoleons than the other ones, so the rest of these skills most likely won't ever be chosen. And everyone who's not a total newbie knows what these skills are... (IMHO)
Maybe we should think about some additional rules regarding the usage of skills?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 06:18:07 AM »
Interesting! However, among the listed skills allowed, there are a few that will give you WAY much more simoleons than the other ones, so the rest of these skills most likely won't ever be chosen. And everyone who's not a total newbie knows what these skills are... (IMHO)

That's okay.

Maybe we should think about some additional rules regarding the usage of skills?

Such as?

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 06:56:04 AM »

That's okay.

Such as?

For example, we could divide these skills/careers between our two sims. One would be an "introverted artist" who does stuff alone quietly (paints, writes, takes photos, does woodworking), and the other one would be an "extraverted one" who shows what he/she does to other sims (acts, performs comedy routines, plays instruments, sings).

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 07:30:49 AM »
For example, we could divide these skills/careers between our two sims. One would be an "introverted artist" who does stuff alone quietly (paints, writes, takes photos, does woodworking), and the other one would be an "extraverted one" who shows what he/she does to other sims (acts, performs comedy routines, plays instruments, sings).

I really like that idea. I'll tweak the rules a bit. Thanks, Nikitachi. It would avoid both Sims doing exactly the same thing.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Artistic Endeavors: Introvert and Extrovert
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 10:32:07 AM »
I like the change.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 02:55:27 PM »
Is there any particular reason why freelance careers are not allowed.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 03:16:40 PM »
Is there any particular reason why freelance careers are not allowed.

Rachel

Just forgot about it honestly. The Writer and Painter one would be the only related freelance careers, right? Programming is not related.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 03:20:24 PM »
Programming doesn't give me artistic vibes. I was trying to work out if there was a strategic reason why we could not free lance Haha. I had assumed knitting was out because we did a knitting challenge last year.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 03:48:13 PM »
Updated...

• Careers: Painter; Writer (Freelance Painter and Writer is fine)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 04:25:20 AM »
Retail stores, Plopsy, and flea market tables are allowed as long as items sold are products of allowed skills.

I dare to suggest a restriction here - the whole selling process of items via these three means must be done entirely by the sim who made the item. No help of other sim/hired personnel.

Also, what about Rally the Troops/Wishing Well this time? I'd ban these two again (mwahaha, the harder the better).

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 06:22:43 AM »
Retail stores, Plopsy, and flea market tables are allowed as long as items sold are products of allowed skills.

I dare to suggest a restriction here - the whole selling process of items via these three means must be done entirely by the sim who made the item. No help of other sim/hired personnel.

A good suggestion.

Also, what about Rally the Troops/Wishing Well this time? I'd ban these two again (mwahaha, the harder the better).

Yeah, I suppose. Thanks.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2021, 05:40:09 AM »

A good suggestion.

Yeah, I suppose. Thanks.

Along these same lines, I suggest that the Potion of Plentiful Needs and Copypasto also be banned.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2021, 06:08:44 AM »
Along these same lines, I suggest that the Potion of Plentiful Needs and Copypasto also be banned.

Done. Thank you.

anything