Author Topic: Immortal Cottoneyes -- Playing on Long (Feb 28)  (Read 8681 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Immortal Cottoneyes -- Playing on Long (Feb 28)
« on: February 08, 2021, 08:13:12 PM »
IMMORTAL COTTONEYES -- PLAYING ON LONG

Introduction

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Hello again!
You probably don't remember me, but I'm Mercy Cottoneye, great-great granddaughter of Hunter Cottoneye and Constance Shelley. A long time ago, the Watcher promised me that if I would help my sister Artemis with her requirements, she would make me the founder of a dynasty. She made good on her promise, but my attempt at an immortal dynasty failed when one of my housemates went off to university and never came back.
She has brought me back to be the victim guinea pig founder of an immortal dynasty, not just a Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty, but one that is played with long life and additional rules. All the skills have to be maxed, and all the lifestyles and NAPs (whatever those are) experienced. There are some other rules, too, that can be found here.  And of course, I and my heirs have to meet all the regular requirements. I'm a little nervous, but looking forward to it.

Some things don't change. As usual, I'm starting on a huge lot with a tiny house. Only this really is a tiny house, giving me a boost on my skills. No surprise, there's a garden for the ambrosia ingredients. No life fruit this time, but there are several plants necessary to produce a death flower.

Fishing will also be a big part of my life. Angelfish are another ingredient, and the Watcher says they're harder to find than they used to be.

I hope that all the fishing spots in this world are as pretty as the ones in Willow Creek. It's a little disappointing that I can't visit all the buildings I see, but on the other hand, I can travel to any other town -- and even to a different planet! -- without any trouble at all. Better yet, there aren't any zombies.

Because I have more time than usual to complete my requirements, the Watcher is encouraging me to enjoy things like the visit of the Welcome Wagon. And I'm glad I took the time because I learned that I really like fruitcake.

Since I don't have a stove yet, fruitcake is probably going to be a staple of my diet. This is my bedroom/kitchen/living room, and over to my left is the bathroom.

I got to go bowling last night (bowling is another skill), and discovered that I seem to have a talent for it. I bowled 2 strikes in a row and didn't fall down at all, which seems quite astonishing for a beginner.

Of course, my main reason for going out was to meet someone -- preferably an eligible bachelor who is independently wealthy. Vladislaus Straud was working as a bartender there, but he's a vampire so not eligible. It was alien night at the bar, I discovered -- so strange to see several aliens at once. I found out from the one I talked to that it's not very easy to visit Sixam; you have to have a rocket ship or some kind of machine from the Science Lab.

Going out to fish the next morning, I met Eleanor Elderberry. She's not eligible herself, but she does have a grandson living with her. He's only a teen, but it might be a good idea to move him and his grandparents in. My first husband died when our child was still a toddler, so it might be nice to marry someone younger.
One thing I forgot to mention is that it's so nice to have different outfits, not just hot weather and cold weather ones, but as many as 5 to choose from in each category if I want. And I don't have a favorite color, so I can wear any color.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Founder's Struggles 1
Founder's Struggles 2
Founder's Struggles 3
Founder's Struggles 4
Founder's Struggles 5
Founder's Struggles 6
Founder's Struggles 7
Founder's Struggles 8
Founder's Struggles 9
Founder's Struggles 10

First Heir's Ordeals 1
First Heir's Ordeals 2
First Heir's Ordeals 3
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Playing on Long -- An Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 08:13:49 PM »
STATS

Mercy Cottoneye

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Paisley Cottoneye

Address: Oakenstead
Lot Traits: Study Space, Eco Lot, Gremlins
Neighborhood Action Plans: Self-Sufficiency, Green Gardening, Juiced, Rock Your Body (and Mind)

Household Accomplishments

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 09:56:54 PM »
Ooh, great timing! I just finished reading Hunter Cottoneye’s dynasty, and here comes a new dynasty for my to read! Yay! ;D
they/he pronouns please!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 08:43:52 AM »
Thanks! I hope I don't make too many continuity mistakes. Mercy's last attempt at an Immortal Dynasty was a long time ago.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 09:04:09 AM »
Starting this up while you've already got your heroes dynasty going?  Very ambitious!  Best wishes for both  :=)

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 09:35:35 AM »
Good luck with the dynasty! It sure sounds like a lot of work, but it's a really interesting concept. 
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 05:24:57 PM »
FOUNDER'S STRUGGLES 1

Here it is, the typical Dynasty house, version 1.0, both outside...

...and inside.

I became good friends with Eleanor Elderberry and asked her to move in with me.

She brought her husband, Ekram, who is studying Villainy at the University of Britechester. He enjoys fishing, too.

She also brought their grandson, Rohan. I chatted with him a bit at the Spice Festival, and he seems nice enough.

With four people in the house, and enough money left over from the sale of the Elderberries' property, we added a laundry room.

We also added a member who would be necessary if we're to complete all the skills available to us -- Pepita, a Dalmatian puppy.

She's a couch potato, playful, and smart.

And she likes playing with her toys. We're not sure how long she'll stay a puppy, but that's okay.

I haven't caught any angelfish yet, but I did haul in this big fellow, a tambaqui. I'm have no idea how he got here all the way from Selvadorada.

Fishing has led me to some strange places such as the garden accessible from this tree. I was hoping to encourage the cherry tree there to grow, but since I caught a pomegranate while fishing, that's not necessary.

We celebrated Wonder Day, and Rohan and I both got to meet the Flower Bunny. It's hard to believe that we're a quarter of the way through spring. Our lot is now officially green. I think that happened fast because of the solar panels and water collectors we added. I hope they help with the bills, too.

9 Spring, Year of the Penguin
I met the Flower Bunny today. He, she, it, they? is an awesome dude, scattering flowers and brimming with advice. Which is funny, because he doesn't actually say anything, just causes you to look inward and find wonder.

Because of her, I'm jogging more, and writing, to learn how to get a handle on my emotions. I tend to tense up in stressful situations, and because I'm a loner and a perfectionist, I get stressed a lot.

Like, when I moved in, I had to sign up for Drama Club or Scouts. Small kids armed with marshmallows on sticks around a campfire or small kids giggling behind the stage during my soliloquy? It was a hard choice to make, but I opted for acting.

I'm moving up through the ranks in Drama Club (they don't have as many guys as girls, so I've started getting bigger parts).

And because I'm a straight-A student, I got an Excellence Bunny. Gram set it up in the front hall to greet me whenever I walked through the door. It was annoying at first, but now that I've met the Flower Bunny, I feel better about it's being there. It's like a reminder of my inner wonder.

Gram says I'm lucky to be in a dynasty because we get a lot more attention than we would as ordinary Sims. Gran doesn't say much about it -- he's busy doing homework so he can finish his degree in Villainy while he still has time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Playing on Long -- An Immortal Dynasty (Feb 13)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 11:34:46 AM »
FOUNDER'S STRUGGLES 2

I've caught my first angelfish! Still working on all the plants for a deathflower, but I'm ready to start grafting.

I also picked up my first reward -- a money tree seed. My little tree is at the Nice level already, and should be worth quite a bit when it's ready to bloom. Our newest NAP is Green Gardening, so things should mature pretty quickly.

Ekram finished his first term with an A average, so we're all pleased for him. He's taking another full load of 4 courses.

Pepita's puppy days are behind her. Here she's looking quite fetching in her harness.

And here we are, playing fetch. She's already been trained not to play in the trash.

Rohan came home on Friday and told us that he was going to appear in a play that afternoon. I don't think he was too happy about it.

We all went to see him, though. His grandmother Eleanor was the first out the door, which is why she's not in the picture. As a reward for putting up with Drama Club, he gets a weekend in Windenburg, on his own...but he's a responsible kid, so I'm sure he'll be all right.

15 Spring, Year of the Penguin
I have really enjoyed my time here. The house is kind of plain, and the bed is downright uncomfortable, even if it is a double, but otherwise I've had a blast.

Friday night, I went to the pub and learned how to play darts. The mixologist told me I couldn't have any of the drinks that Windenburg is famous for, but that was okay -- they would have affected my throw. I lost my first game, but improved enough to win two over the weekend.

It was kind of gloomy and drizzly the whole time I was there so I got out for a jog only once.

I went past an interesting park, though, with a huge chessboard laid out. No one was playing, though.

I had brunch at a cafe. Loved the coffee, but there were too many strangers around.

Ditto at the other cafe. I practiced my sneer for Drama Club, and people mostly left me alone. I've decided that I like cannoli more than pain au chocolat.

I think I accomplished a few things while in Windenburg. My dart game should be good enough to beat everyone at home. I worked on my acting skill and emotional control. More important, I managed to grow enough of a beard that Gram won't squint at me and suggest that I wash my face. I discovered that what I like more than anything is reading a book and drinking a cup of java at the same time. Most important, I feel like I've acquired enough sophistication to be capable of proposing to Mercy when the time comes. Before my sojourn in Windenburg I know she saw me as just a kid, but now maybe she'll think of me as, if not a man, at least a kid of the world.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Playing on Long -- An Immortal Dynasty (Feb 17)
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 04:27:08 PM »
Nice update, Marian.  I decided to do a long dynasty too...I’ve only restarted 4 times in 5 days.  I’m doing mine with no outside help...shouldn’t be hard with all time you have.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 04:43:09 PM »
Nice update, Marian.  I decided to do a long dynasty too...I’ve only restarted 4 times in 5 days.  I’m doing mine with no outside help...shouldn’t be hard with all time you have.

Glad you're feeling well enough to take on the Sims again! I do find there's less pressure with all the extra time.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 02:03:15 PM »
... did Rohan seriously just refer to himself as a “kid of the world”?!

Amazing.
they/he pronouns please!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 10:37:21 AM »
FOUNDER'S STRUGGLES 3

Rohan here, and it's 22 Spring, Year of the Penguin. Now that I'm a young adult, Mercy wants to turn over to me the responsibility of writing about our dynasty. Well, it's not "our" dynasty yet, but we're working on it.
Writer's block -- where to begin?

I could tell you a little about the most important member of the family -- Pepita. She's a couch potato and can sleep anywhere: on the couch, in front of the dishwasher, on the porch by the door, and even on her doggie bed.

She got sick the other day, and growled at me when I called her Rudolph. Mercy went to the vet's and found a treat that instantly made her feel better (and turned off the nose). Pepita is very smart. She's learned all of her tricks except heel, and Mercy is still learning Pet Training.

The other important member of the family is the money tree. It's bearing fruit now -- 22K a day, so none of us has to work, except Mercy to fulfill her requirements.

We had to laugh. The guy from the NAP police came around the other day and fined us for not having a garden in compliance with the Green Gardening NAP. Mercy tried pointing out, in a friendly way, that indeed we did have a garden, but something about it wasn't right.

Mercy had some weeding to do, so maybe that was the problem. We'll see what happens next time.

Okay, writer's block over. On with the story.
When I went to work Friday morning, I was really hoping I'd get promoted. My plan was to finish up everything, blow out my candles, and take Mercy out on our first date on Love Day. But my boss wasn't feeling the love yet. I came home, still a level 2. Oddly enough, I had a very successful Love Day, mainly because the only thing I had to do was to watch an episode of Lady Sim's Abbey. Being a loner means that you don't care about traditions that involve other people.

So I spent the weekend improving my emotional control, and finishing up my darts competitions. I beat Mercy by 6 points and also beat my grandparents. I did some volunteer work, too.

I also started learning how to make coffee -- real coffee, like the kind you can get in Windenburg.

Mercy and Gram threw a party for me (Granda was off at his classes). The three of us danced -- a first for Mercy and Gram. Mercy was distressed at how much weight she'd put on so when the party ended (a gold!), she suggested we have a date at the Movers and Shakers here in Willow Creek.

Our first kiss was a little awkward, but I expect we'll get better.

We decided to become girlfriend and boyfriend. Mercy has the Single and Loving It lifestyle, but luckily that didn't stop her from accepting my offer.

She promised that as soon as we get the Museum going, we can move my Excellence Bunny and Drama Club Accolade to a shelf in a dark room somewhere, freeing up the front hall cupboard for the achievements of the heir. Warning to future spouses -- Wait until you're all grown up before joining the household. That Excellence Bunny could be yours.

Speaking of museums, this is where all our portraits will go. The Immortals' collections have to stay on the property, but there's no reason why we have to drive up our taxes by filling a building with a lot of paintings.

We put in two photograph studios in the museum's basement. Mercy wants to call it The Hunter Cottoneye Memorial Portrait Gallery, but that title might be too long. Until next week!

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
Re: Playing on Long -- An Immortal Dynasty (Feb 22)
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 06:29:04 PM »
The Hunter Cottontail Memorial Portrait Gallery... the HCMPG?

Yay for Rohan and Mercy finally getting together!
they/he pronouns please!

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 09:12:57 AM »
Well, well, isn't Mercy just a little cougar!  I think a younger spouse will make Mercy feel younger herself!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 08:02:27 AM »
@Auranaris, that's Cottoneye! :)
@simfulicious, Mercy is still a young adult, but she does feel younger.

anything