Author Topic: 2 questions: changing traits and expansions  (Read 2907 times)

evil potato

2 questions: changing traits and expansions
« on: January 08, 2011, 08:56:31 AM »
Ok so i've been reading alot of guides on your site, good job btw, and i've been wondering, for example, if i max out my athletic skill, should i change the trait using the midlife crisis reward, and take another skill that could prove more usefull at that point in the game?

Also, anyone heard anything about expansions for the console?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2 questions: changing traits and expansions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum. :)

Ok so i've been reading alot of guides on your site, good job btw, and i've been wondering, for example, if i max out my athletic skill, should i change the trait using the midlife crisis reward, and take another skill that could prove more usefull at that point in the game?

It really all depends on what your goals are for your character. If you originally chose the athletic trait to make maxing Athletic easier with the Sports/Criminal career, and you've maxed out one of those careers, then that trait really is no longer useful.

Also, anyone heard anything about expansions for the console?

I haven't.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

evil potato

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 12:25:56 PM »
So, basically, the athletic/artistic/logic/etc traits only really help at maxing out those traits faster??

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
So, basically, the athletic/artistic/logic/etc traits only really help at maxing out those traits faster??

By "traits" I'm assuming you meant skills? Yeah, that's unquestionably their main selling point.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
I don't think expansion packs for the console are possible at all because installing them meens that some existing files in the EA folder are undergoing modifications. A console will play the game directly from the dvd which means no installation will be needed. And therefore installing an expansion is not possible.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
Hi, Leto.

Sims 3 installs common files on the hard drive for both the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Also, patches (one so far) and downloadable content (DLC) get stored on the hard drive. So, expansions are definitely possible. I haven't seen any announcements from EA on any expansions so far.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the World Adventures and Ambitions features added to the console version. Things like the different vacation locations, professions, etc. would be pretty cool. :)

I would also like to see the return of multiplayer on the console version. The PS2 versions of The Sims, Bustin' Out, The Sims 2 and The Urbz had split-screen multiplayer where two people could play different members of the same family. I'd love to have something like that for The Sims 3 as Mrs. Flynn and I loved playing those together.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:13:57 AM »
@ Flynn: Of course, The x-box has a harddrive. Totally forgot about that. :) I was used to the Wii.
But the ability of playing with multiple players in one family sounds pretty interesting. I hope it will get add to The Sims 3 also, if it makes any sense of course. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 04:49:24 PM »
@ Flynn: Of course, The x-box has a harddrive. Totally forgot about that. :) I was used to the Wii.
But the ability of playing with multiple players in one family sounds pretty interesting. I hope it will get add to The Sims 3 also, if it makes any sense of course. :P

Imagine a bunch of friends trying to reach the keyboard...
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 03:54:56 PM »

The same keyboard? Hahaha, okey, that is a bit inconvenient maybe. :P

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 01:22:23 AM »

Someone's used to the PC version, heh. :)

The PlayStation 2 version would split the screen diagonally. Each person played one Sim and used their own controller. It was pretty cool.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!