Author Topic: Calling All High Achievers  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Calling All High Achievers
« on: April 09, 2021, 06:03:36 AM »
Calling All High Achievers

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
We're bringing back a simple, but well-received event from two years ago. As you probably guessed from the title, it's all about racking up a large achievement score. We're keeping bans to a minimum (moving is fine, all life states allowed, etc) because more achievements can be pursued.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Young Adult Sim, all life states allowed.
  • No limitations on household additions or moving.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • The team is requiring all participants to write down all achievements and their value to make sure everything adds up if questions arise.
  • This challenge concludes at Week 3, Day 1, 8 AM.

Scoring
Achievement Points — When it's time to stop playing (Week 3, Day 1, 8 AM), immediately pause your game and go to Options > Achievements and note your total score accumulated. Please take a screenshot indicating the amount in case the challenge team needs verification. Do not include the screenshot when you post your score in this thread.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Achievement Points
LenaLJ3965
Nikitachi3720
Nandarelle2990
Metropolis Man1900
Eighty8Keys1600
Teresa1450
Nelleam1275
CynKuy1095

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: Calling All High Achievers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 08:36:42 AM »
No limitations on household additions or moving.
So you can move sims both in and out, right? And it's okay to use Manage Households, right?

If your original Sim dies then you are done with the challenge. Post in this thread that you are DNF.
Should we maybe remove this one?.. There's an achievement that becomes impossible with this restriction.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 08:49:19 AM »
So you can move sims both in and out, right? And it's okay to use Manage Households, right?

Yes.

If your original Sim dies then you are done with the challenge. Post in this thread that you are DNF.
Should we maybe remove this one?.. There's an achievement that becomes impossible with this restriction.

Good point. I will do that.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:15 AM »
Achievements is that where you get points for becoming friends with grim and having a Sim max the painting career or visiting 25 lots etc

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 06:55:07 AM »
Achievements is that where you get points for becoming friends with grim and having a Sim max the painting career or visiting 25 lots etc

Rachel

Exactly.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 10:08:27 AM »

Yes.

I wanted to point out to everyone my comment to Nikitachi. This appears to contradict the General Rules stance on Manage Households. But, for this event, Manage Households is fine. Specific challenge rules always trumps General Rules.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 03:51:12 PM »
When I go to achievements in my challenge file, it lists achievements I did not get.
They were in fact from my most recent other file, which was a test / practice file for this challenge.
Repairing the game and clearing caches did not fix this.
Can I just use my notes to keep score instead of the total in the achievement menu?

(For a moment I thought I had messed up and made a new household in an existing file, instead of a new file. But no, the files are as separate as they should be, and this one is on the game.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 05:16:47 PM »
Can I just use my notes to keep score instead of the total in the achievement menu?

That's fine.

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 09:49:38 PM »
This sounds fun.  Just to clarify, do we play the same household throughout the challenge, or are we allowed to switch households?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 06:12:18 AM »
This sounds fun.  Just to clarify, do we play the same household throughout the challenge, or are we allowed to switch households?

Achievement points are only tracked per household, so you do not want to switch households. You need to stay with your original Sim's household to accurately track points.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 09:51:32 AM »
I won't be able to get this one done. I have a lot of university work due. Best of luck to everyone.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 06:25:03 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so post your scores soon. And just a reminder if you do NOT make it to Week 3, Day 1...that's okay. You can still post a score as long as you started a scoring file.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 09:17:17 AM »
I'm surprised I am the only one to post a score so far and this ends tomorrow night. Oh, well. Hopefully more will follow soon. At least I am consistent and finished with nearly my same score as two years ago. And equally unimpressive. Lol.

1900 points.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
I am finally done with 3,720 points.

I have improved my 2019's score quite a lot, but I've made some unbelievably stupid mistakes - I could have surpassed 4,000 if I didn't make them... d'oh :(

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 12:54:58 PM »
I am still working on it. Hoping i can get done in time, but a snappy little game came out yesterday so i bought a switch and am taking photos of pokemons now :O

anything