Author Topic: Flutter Me Shutters  (Read 7167 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Flutter Me Shutters
« on: June 04, 2021, 06:24:17 AM »
Flutter Me Shutters

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
Your Sim loves to take pictures. Any pictures. But especially pictures to complete the collections listed later. They can only take 210 shots. Oh, snap! 

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create a YA Sim of any life state.
  • You must purchase a furnished house. No empty lots
  • You may add to the household, but once added, a Sim may not be moved out. No Sim that you add may bring money into the household.
  • No one may be aged up before their birthday.
  • Your Sim cannot be a freelance fashion photographer.
  • Your Sim may not take more than 210 pictures.
  • All income is restricted to selling photographs and receiving commissions.
  • Each photo can only be counted in one collection. If a photo contains objects that might be included in two or more collections, e.g., a toddler and a chair, you may take 2 photos.
  • You may not receive a commission for a photo you did not take. Do not cancel out of a photo when you're using the Photo Studio.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • The Challenge concludes on Week 3, Day 1, at 8 am or when your Sim takes and/or sells the 210th photo.

Scoring

Household Funds — At Week 3, Day 1, 8 am, or after your Sim takes their 210th photo, note your household funds. Remember — all income is restricted to the sale of photographs and/or receiving commissions.

CM (Collections Multiplier) — For each collection listed below that you complete, you get a .1 multiplier.

**50 unique ordinary Sims (each age group must be represented)
**25 different occults or pets (ghost, alien, vampire, mermaid, spellcaster, cat, dog, small animal)
**25 different buildings or landmarks
**25 different meals
**25 different harvestables (fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers)
**25 different metals, crystals, or fossils
**25 different pieces of furniture.

Total — Your final score is your ending household funds X the Collections Multiplier.

Example: Ansel Adams' household funds at the end of the challenge is 10,000 and he completed 6 of the collections. 10,000 x 1.6 = 16,000.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Household Funds     CM     Total
mismck298881.7050809
jesslc164001.4022960
CynKuy123481.5018522
Teresa100231.7017039
MarianT43931.707468
Nikitachi30571.103362
ratchie--1.00DNF
Nandarelle--1.00DNF

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Flutter Me Shutters
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 06:24:36 AM »
6/8 -- Modified the income rule:

• All income is restricted to selling photographs and receiving commissions.

6/12 -- An added clarification and a new rule

• Each photo can only be counted in one collection. If a photo contains objects that might be included in two or more collections, e.g., a toddler and a chair, you may take 2 photos.

• You may not receive a commission for a photo you did not take. Do not cancel out of a photo when you're using the Photo Studio.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 09:36:29 AM »
- Is the usage of Photo Studio allowed?
- Are we limited to selling photos via inventory, or can we use other ways?
- Must the house we buy be 'furnished'?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 10:43:31 AM »

This is Marian's challenge idea, so she can give the final word on your questions if they differ from my answers.

1. Since it is not banned — yes.

2. Since no restriction is mentioned - other ways are fine.

3. No - your choice.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 11:22:07 PM »
when you "take a photo of" or "take a photo with" - it takes 5 shots (or 10 sometimes - not really sure why).
So if I "take a photo with" me and Eliza Pancakes, in my inventory, there will be 5 pictures (of varying quality) of me and Eliza.  Does that count as 5 or as 1?

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 05:43:44 AM »
when you "take a photo of" or "take a photo with" - it takes 5 shots (or 10 sometimes - not really sure why).
So if I "take a photo with" me and Eliza Pancakes, in my inventory, there will be 5 pictures (of varying quality) of me and Eliza.  Does that count as 5 or as 1?

You don't have to take 5. You can take one and then press the 'esc' button.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 05:55:34 AM »

To answer your question, it would count as 5. So press the Escape button after the first.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 08:03:16 AM »
Example: Ansel Adams' household funds at the end of the challenge is 10,000 and he completed 8 of the collections. 10,000 x 1.8 = 18,000.

There are only 7 photo collections listed. Is it a mistake, or can we complete a collection twice with different items?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 09:15:52 AM »
Example: Ansel Adams' household funds at the end of the challenge is 10,000 and he completed 8 of the collections. 10,000 x 1.8 = 18,000.

There are only 7 photo collections listed. Is it a mistake, or can we complete a collection twice with different items?
That's a mistake in the Example.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 09:56:09 AM »

This is Marian's challenge idea, so she can give the final word on your questions if they differ from my answers.

3. No - your choice.

I’m confused.  The set-up rules specifically say you must purchase a “furnished house”. So based on your answer above, we should purchase a furnished or unfurnished house. No bulldoze lots or empty lots. Is that correct?   

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2021, 10:28:47 AM »

3. No - your choice.

I’m confused.  The set-up rules specifically say you must purchase a “furnished house”. So based on your answer above, we should purchase a furnished or unfurnished house. No bulldoze lots or empty lots. Is that correct?   

That's my oversight. Sorry about that. Yes, the rules are correct. Buy a furnished house, not unfurnished.

@Nikitachi -- ignore my post above.

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2021, 01:23:47 PM »
So we should not sell anything that came with our starter house because that would be adding to our household income by a method other than photography.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2021, 01:42:45 PM »
So we should not sell anything that came with our starter house because that would be adding to our household income by a method other than photography.

Correct.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2021, 02:09:54 PM »
Typically I don’t do the more “tournament-y” challenges, but this one looks like fun, so maybe I’ll give it a go!
they/he pronouns please!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 02:49:57 PM »
Typically I don’t do the more “tournament-y” challenges, but this one looks like fun, so maybe I’ll give it a go!

Please do. :)