Author Topic: Ultimate Skill-O-Rama  (Read 8265 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Ultimate Skill-O-Rama
« on: June 25, 2021, 05:01:17 AM »
Ultimate Skill-O-Rama

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
Once again, it's time to go crazy with skilling. With very few restritions there should be some great scores.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create a YA Sim of any life state.
  • No restrictions on adding to the household (using Manage Households is fine), but any Sim that is added may not be moved out. Household members that die may not be replaced (including the ghost of the dead Sim).
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • The Challenge concludes on Week 3, Day 1, at 8 am.

Scoring

Maxed Skills — At Week 3, Day 1, 8 am, note how many unique skills your household maxed. Any skill in the game from any life stage qualifies. Each unique maxed skill = 1000 points.

Partial Skills — For any remaining unique skills of Sims in your household award yourself 50 points per level.

Total — Your final score is your Maxed Skills + Partial Skills.

Example: Between all of your household members you end up capping 10 different skills: Acting, Charisma, Gardening, Guitar, Mixology, Rocket Science, Communication (Toddler), Potty (Toddler), Robotics, and Video Gaming. You also got 3 levels in Baking and 6 levels in Fishing.

10 capped skills = 10 X 1000 = 10000 pts.
Partial skills = (3 X 50) + (6 X 50) = 450 pts.
Total = 10450 pts.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Maxed Skills     Partial Skills     Total
mismck55000--55000
LenaLJ55000--55000
Nandarelle54000--54000
Nikitachi54000--54000
Delokkpsi5100095051950
CynKuy47000165048650
Eighty8Keys45000275047750
Emmariley19246000125047250
Teresa35000335038350
jesslc32000--32000
math_chick31000--31000
Metropolis Man26000115027150
jewels12923000295025950
coolsim999999917000180018800
Nelleam1000050010500

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Ultimate Skill-O-Rama
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 05:01:32 AM »
6/20 -- No more restrictions on bringing Sims into the house. But, once a Sim is brought in, they're in for good. And any Sim that dies cannot be replaced.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 09:16:14 AM »
- Do I understand correctly that we can add and remove sims to/from our household freely using Manage households, as long as we follow the "Additional Sims may be added when the most recent Sim maxes a unique skill" and "Sims may not be moved out until they have maxed at least one unique skill" rules?
- If a sim we're adding has a level 10 skill already, does it count as rule followed instantly, or do we have to max another one for them?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 09:58:09 AM »
- Do we count adult skills only?

Check the rules again. It states all skills qualify from any life stage.

- Do I understand correctly that we can add and remove sims to/from our household freely using Manage households, as long as we follow the "Additional Sims may be added when the most recent Sim maxes a unique skill" and "Sims may not be moved out until they have maxed at least one unique skill" rules?

Yes, I will clarify.

- If a sim we're adding has a level 10 skill already, does it count as rule followed instantly, or do we have to max another one for them?

It would qualify instantly. I cannot imagine that happening too often, but please do not explain here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 07:05:20 PM »
If a Sim dies do we still count their skill points. I'm thinking of sims dying of old age.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 07:43:38 PM »
If a Sim dies do we still count their skill points. I'm thinking of sims dying of old age.

Rachel

Sure, Rachel. I see no reason to not count them.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 04:48:38 PM »
I love Skills events!!! Yay  ;D

For the scoring of Partial Skills: we are only counting the unique partial skills of those in the household on Week 3, Day 1, 8AM, right? We cannot count any partial skills of anyone who has died or left the household, right?

Are there any restrictions on early aging up of Sims?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 05:57:43 PM »
I love Skills events!!! Yay  ;D

For the scoring of Partial Skills: we are only counting the unique partial skills of those in the household on Week 3, Day 1, 8AM, right? We cannot count any partial skills of anyone who has died or left the household, right?

Yeah, that makes sense that you would only count the remaining partial skills for Sims still in your household at the end. I will clarify that.

Are there any restrictions on early aging up of Sims?

No

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 10:45:55 AM »
Just to make sure:
- Can we use marriage or simply invite sims to join our house, besides using Manage households?
- Can we exchange houses when adding sims, or add our household to another family staying at their house?
- Can we use the Wishing Well?
- Can we use holidays (the default and/or our own?)
- Can we change our sims' life states?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 10:53:50 AM »
Just to make sure:
- Can we use marriage or simply invite sims to join our house, besides using Manage households?
- Can we exchange houses when adding sims, or add our household to another family staying at their house?
- Can we use the Wishing Well?
- Can we use holidays (the default and/or our own?)
- Can we change our sims' life states?

We're keeping this one easy peasy. Yes to everything. About the only thing you cannot do is open the cheats panel.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2021, 05:55:13 AM »
Not a rules change, just a clarification given it has come up several times in PMs...

• If a Sim you are adding to the household already has a unique skill(s) maxed, you may instantly add other Sims depending on the number of maxed unqiue skills.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 08:12:56 AM »
Not a rules change, just a clarification given it has come up several times in PMs...

• If a Sim you are adding to the household already has a unique skill(s) maxed, you may instantly add other Sims depending on the number of maxed unqiue skills.
Is adding multiple sims at once a special exception that is only permitted if you move in a sim who already has 2+ maxed unique skills? Or are you allowed to have your current (ie. most recent) sim max 2 unique skills in a row and then add 2 sims to your household at the same time?

And if you do add 2 sims to your household at the same time, do they both have to have a unique maxed skill before you can add the next new sim?

Other queries:

If adding a sim to my household increases my household funds, is that okay? Maybe there's something I don't understand about manage households (I rarely use it) but there didn't seem to be a way to stop it happening in the case I tried.

I just want to check if I understand this right...
The unique maxed skills are essentially being added to our count as soon as they show up as maxed by a member of our household. Which is why it doesn't matter if the sim we had max a skill has since left our household (moved out or died). Presumably it's also okay if the sim that maxed a skill has aged up past the point where that skill is available? But partial unique skills are different and only count for what's showing in the skills tabs of the current household when it ends.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2021, 12:33:48 PM »
As hard as I try to keep my own challenges as simple as possible, so many questions inevitably arise making things more complicated and requiring clarifications (see jesslc's questions above). And jesslc, this is not a knock on you, by any means. It is what it is. So, with that in mind, I changed things. No more restrictions on bringing more Sims into the house. The catch is -- you cannot move anyone out once they're in. I hope this change will simply things.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2021, 12:36:15 PM »
No more restrictions on bringing more Sims into the house. The catch is -- you cannot move anyone out once they're in.

That's great! I wanted to offer this myself but I was afraid it was totally going against the 'no restrictions' rule, so I decided to keep silent :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2021, 12:38:26 PM »
No more restrictions on bringing more Sims into the house. The catch is -- you cannot move anyone out once they're in.

That's great! I wanted to offer this myself but I was afraid it was totally going against the 'no restrictions' rule, so I decided to keep silent :D

Awesome. I'm glad you like it. Hopefully, it works better for everyone.

EDIT: Oh, and jesslc...if adding household members adds to funds, that's fine. You're not being scored on $$$ anyway.

anything