Author Topic: Placing a High Value on Lots of Lot Traits  (Read 6701 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Placing a High Value on Lots of Lot Traits
« on: August 05, 2021, 03:43:00 PM »
Placing a High Value on Lots of Lot Traits

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
Led Zeppelin might have sung about Whole Lotta Love, but you and your Sims know where it's really at — a whole lotta lot traits! Like the Jeffersons you'll need to be "movin' on up" — each succeeding lot needs to be valued higher than the previous one.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • In CAS, create 1 YA Sim, any life state.
  • No restrictions on adding to the household, but you must at least befriend a Sim to move in with them.
  • Lot Challenges are not required on any given lot. But, if a lot has a lot challenge or you decide to add one, then moving may only take place after your Sim has dealt with any and all lot challenges.
  • *Cursed - angry, sad, or dazed moodlet connected with being cursed
  • *Filthy - has to clean a counter
  • *Gremlins - all the plumbing and electric items break
  • *Grody - Sims throw up
  • *Off-the-Grid - Sims have to take a quick and tepid shower
  • *Spooky - a ghost shows up.
  • *Wild Foxes -- a wild fox shows up on your lot.
  • *Creepy Crawlies -- successfully repel bats, bees, or spiders (receive Happy moodlet).
  • *Simple Living -- your Sim fixes a meal at home with ingredients in inventory or fridge.
  • *Reduce and Recycle -- your Sim adds trash to both composting and recycle containers.
  • You may not change preexisting lot traits.
  • Each succeeding lot you move to must be unique and higher in Lot Value than the previous lot's ending Lot Value at move time.
  • When moving always choose the Sell Furniture option.
  • You are not allowed to make any lot changes with the exception of money-making objects as well as items needed to fulfill a lot challenge.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • The Challenge concludes on Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m

Scoring

On Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.enter Build Mode to note the Lot Value of your last home.

Total Lot Value — This is the total lot values at move time for all the different lots where you resided. Note: Moving is optional on any given day.

Traits Multiplier — Keep an accurate running list of all unique lot traits and unique lot challenges over the course of the challenge. You are only scored on different traits/challenges. Each unique lot trait = .01 adds to the multiplier. Each unique lot challenge adds .02 to the multiplier.

Total — Your final score is your Total Lot Value X the Traits Multiplier.

Example: At the end of the challenge your Sim had lived on 9 different lots with their total lot value at $1,500,000. Each of the 9 lots had 3 different lot traits = 27 X .01 = .27. You chose one unique lot challenge for each lot as well. 9 X .02 = .18.

1.00 + .27 + .18 = 1.45

$1,500,000 X 1.51 = $2,175,000

Scoring Spreadsheet. (Thank you, Lena)

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Lot Value     Traits Multiplier     Total
ChayaAvery80580341.5912812274
Teresa38637131.525872843
jesslc31848671.163694445
Nandarelle25481991.393541997
CynKuy7331731.451063100
math_chick703311.1278770

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Placing a High Value on Lots of Lot Traits
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 03:45:28 PM »
8/10 -- added:

You are not allowed to make any lot changes with the exception of money-making objects.

Each succeeding lot you move to must be higher in Lot Value than the previous lot's ending Lot Value at move time.

8/11 -- clarified to allow items needed for lot challenges...

• You are not allowed to make any lot changes with the exception of money-making objects as well as items needed to fulfill a lot challenge.

8/12 -- added the following...

• When moving always choose the Sell Furniture option.

I'm posting this a day early in hopes this will be ironed out a bit more. It's a little rough around the edges and if more players have input, then it should be solid by start time next Friday. The basic premise is to get as many lot traits as possible in the two Sim weeks. You also need to move into homes with progressively higher lot value as well.

We'll try and get a spreadsheet soon to make your scoring easier.

Thanks for any input.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 07:02:13 AM »
I added a spreadsheet to make scoring easy. Thanks for creating that, Lena. :)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 05:55:36 AM »
Sorry, I'm a bit confused so far. I've never tried lot challenges yet. The rules state that we have to complete at least 1 challenge before we move. Yet the scoring example says "You chose to only give the last 3 lots 4 unique lot challenges each". How could that be?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 06:15:07 AM »
Sorry, I'm a bit confused so far. I've never tried lot challenges yet. The rules state that we have to complete at least 1 challenge before we move. Yet the scoring example says "You chose to only give the last 3 lots 4 unique lot challenges each". How could that be?

Yeah, my bad. Sorry about that. The rule is correct. The example will be clarified. Thanks, Nikitachi.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 06:50:08 AM »

Yeah, my bad. Sorry about that. The rule is correct. The example will be clarified. Thanks, Nikitachi.

No problem! Glad it's resolved!

I have a few more questions now:
- What should we do if we want to move into a house that already has a family in?
- There are a few lots that have a special pre-existing lot trait. I don't see it in Lena's spreadsheet. Can we play on these lots?
- What's with the other lot challenges that aren't mentioned in the rules? Lena's spreadsheet has 12, when the rules only mention 8.
- "You are not allowed to make any lot changes." - does it mean we can place something on the lot to earn money, but remove it before moving out? Or does it mean we can't place anything at all?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 10:39:27 AM »
- What should we do if we want to move into a house that already has a family in?

I think the rules cover that situation. You cannot move in unless you befriend one of the Sims.

- There are a few lots that have a special pre-existing lot trait. I don't see it in Lena's spreadsheet. Can we play on these lots?

Yes, and they should be added to the spreadsheet. Please let Lena know in a PM.

- What's with the other lot challenges that aren't mentioned in the rules? Lena's spreadsheet has 12, when the rules only mention 8.

I'll take care of that today. If you have a suggestion on how to "deal" with a certain unmentioned lot challenge, please do so today.

- "You are not allowed to make any lot changes." - does it mean we can place something on the lot to earn money, but remove it before moving out? Or does it mean we can't place anything at all?

I'll clarify that today.

Thank you as always, Nikitachi.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 10:50:14 AM »
Okay, I amended the lot change rule to this...

• You are not allowed to make any lot changes with the exception of money-making objects.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 11:55:19 AM »

I think the rules cover that situation. You cannot move in unless you befriend one of the Sims.

Yes, but what if my sim wants to switch households? For example, if I want to move into Goths' house, but I don't really need any of them in my household, can I move to their house and move them all into my previous one if I'm friends with, let's say, Bella?

And sorry, I don't really know how to 'deal' with challenges since I never used any of these lot traits before :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 12:25:49 PM »
Yes, but what if my sim wants to switch households? For example, if I want to move into Goths' house, but I don't really need any of them in my household, can I move to their house and move them all into my previous one if I'm friends with, let's say, Bella?

That's fine. If the lot you're moving into is worth more than the last lot and as long as you are a friend of someone in that home you can do what you want with the existing family.

And sorry, I don't really know how to 'deal' with challenges since I never used any of these lot traits before :(

Me too. My understanding of Volcanic Activity and Quake Zone is they are pretty random and pretty rare. Someone correct me if I am wrong. If that's the case, then perhaps they should be eliminated from the list because of the luck factor.

EDIT:

I changed the wording of the following rule to make it such that moving to homes or empty lots is fine...

• Each succeeding lot you move to must be higher in Lot Value than the previous lot's ending Lot Value at move time.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »
The Volcanic Activity and Quake Zone Lot Challenges have been removed from scoring. Lena, please update the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Reduce and Recycle now has your Sim simply adding to the appropriate garbage containers to deal with that issue.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 12:04:48 AM »
Not sure how much free time I'll have for Sims over the next few weeks, or if this is even feasible with the limited packs I have, but I'll ask a few questions anyway...

"Moving may only take place after your Sim has dealt with any lot challenge" - Can you have your sim deal with the same lot challenge as the previous lot they lived at or do they have deal with a different lot challenge prior to their next move?

"You may not change preexisting lot traits" - should this rule be interpreted to mean:
a) if the lot has any existing lot traits/challenges when you move in, you may not remove any of them
or
b) you may not make any changes to the lot traits/lot challenges panel at all (eg. If a lot you move into has no lot traits/lot challenges you can't add them)

I'm guessing a) is what was meant here because if it were b) then if you moved into anywhere that doesn't come with a lot challenge from the list, you'd be stuck and not able to move out.

Or is this rule meant to mean that you can't change the lot traits at all (including adding them, if there are none) but you can change or add lot challenges if necessary?

Are you allowed to start on / move to an empty lot and how does that work with the no lot changes rule?
Eg. If I want to move out from my empty lot by dealing with the off the grid lot challenge, I'd have to add a shower - so would that allowed?

Also thanks for clarifying the old example, I was quite confused by that one too.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 06:09:48 AM »
Not sure how much free time I'll have for Sims over the next few weeks, or if this is even feasible with the limited packs I have, but I'll ask a few questions anyway...

"Moving may only take place after your Sim has dealt with any lot challenge" - Can you have your sim deal with the same lot challenge as the previous lot they lived at or do they have deal with a different lot challenge prior to their next move?

They have to deal with ALL lot challenges before they can move - whether you have done them before or not. I will clarify that.

"You may not change preexisting lot traits" - should this rule be interpreted to mean:
a) if the lot has any existing lot traits/challenges when you move in, you may not remove any of them
or
b) you may not make any changes to the lot traits/lot challenges panel at all (eg. If a lot you move into has no lot traits/lot challenges you can't add them)

I'm guessing a) is what was meant here because if it were b) then if you moved into anywhere that doesn't come with a lot challenge from the list, you'd be stuck and not able to move out.

Or is this rule meant to mean that you can't change the lot traits at all (including adding them, if there are none) but you can change or add lot challenges if necessary?

a) is your correct interpretation. You simply cannot touch preexisting traits - ones that are already there. There's nothing stopping you from adding ones you want if there is room to do so.

Are you allowed to start on / move to an empty lot and how does that work with the no lot changes rule?
Eg. If I want to move out from my empty lot by dealing with the off the grid lot challenge, I'd have to add a shower - so would that allowed?

Also thanks for clarifying the old example, I was quite confused by that one too.

Ah, yes...items needed to fulfill a challenge. Okay, I will clarify allowed purchased items. Thanks for that. And yes, empty lots are fine as long as it has greater value than your previous lot.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 08:21:46 AM »
"Moving may only take place after your Sim has dealt with any and all lot challenges (new and old alike)"

Sorry I'm still confused - if you move into a lot that doesn't have any lot challenges, do you still have to add at least 1 lot challenge to it and deal with it before you can move? I thought that was what was meant by the rules before, but this new phrasing is kind of ambiguous on that point now.

(My earlier question about whether you can repeat the same lot challenge was because I don't have many lot traits/challenges in my game (because I don't have many packs)).

Another question - Are you allowed to take anything with you when you move?

Eg. Say I buy a woodworking table to make money - can I take it with me to the next lot by putting it in the family inventory before moving? Or do I have to leave it behind on the lot where I bought it? How about things that you can put in your Sim's personal inventory (eg. an easel or a guitar)?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2021, 09:30:30 AM »
Hehe...sorry if I made things more confusing, jesslc. No, you do not have to add a lot challenge if you do not want to. You can still move to another lot as long as the one you move to has higher value than the previous one. But, if you add a lot challenge or if there is a preexisting lot challenge, that's when the moving restriction applies. You would need to deal with the challenge first.

As far as taking stuff with you when you move -- sure, that's fine. But, you would only be able to take items you bought for money-making or lot challenges. Otherwise, you would be removing preexisting items and then you'd be changing the lot.