Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61712 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
Good suggestion lilygirl, I'll start doing that from now on. And I'll add the names to the Sargeant update :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2011, 03:48:39 AM »
Finally another update! Sorry it took so long, I was in the middle of changing computers. I'm using a new program (instead of photoshop - which only worked on my old mac) so please let me know if the images aren't up to scratch - I have very slow internet right now so I can't load them all full size to check, but they looked ok in the Paint.NET program.

Anyway, we're up to the Bernard family, who live in the farm in a remote part of the Bay.

Norman Joy - elder (Grandpa)
Elaine Bernard - young adult (Mum)
Yves Bernard - young adult (Dad)
Strawberry Bernard - toddler (Daughter)
Raspberry Bernard - baby (Daughter)

Life is quite peaceful for the Bernard family. With 3 adults in the house, the chores, jobs and looking after the kids fly by in the day quickly. Strawberry is learning all she needs to know, and she especially enjoys learning from her Grandpa Norman.
Raspberry grows up to a toddler in a jiffy, and the race is on to see who can teach her the most things. The only disruption to their ideal lives, is a burglar sneaking in late at night. Yves, being the tough man of the house, tries tackling the guy, but finds himself thrown down in defeat quite easily. Next, Norman approaches, and Yves thinks he might just be about to see his father-in-law beat someone up. But no, Norman brings his photo-album out of his pocket, and starts boasting to the burglar about his grandchildren. Needless to say, the burglar was out of there fast.

Here is Raspberry's outfits. She has her dad's hair colour.

Soon it is Strawberry's birthday, and the adults gather to wish her a happy childhood, with cake for all. She gains the Family-Oriented trait.

Here's her country outfits:

As life goes on, lets drop in to each member of the family. Norman is working hard at the garden when he's not entertaining his grandaughters. He's reached level 10 in gardening, and is at level 5 in the gardening career. And in his spare time, won a local cooking contest.
Yves is also at gardening level 10, but devotes himself to his nectar making in the cellar below the barn. He's at level 6 in the nectar making career. He always takes 2 bottles out of 3 (1 goes into storage) that he makes to sell at the consignment store. He chooses the 'suave seller' reward to help him with that.
Elaine also helps with the gardening, and is at level 5 in the gardener career. But as he husband and father remind her, her most important job is looking after the latest little one.
Strawberry is loving life as a child. There's not a chore in the house that she can do yet, so she spends all her time playing: in the sand pit, with the gnubb set, on the rides at the local park, and in the local pool. Her dad teaches her the songs of his home country (France) and she makes friends with Rebecca McGraw.
Soon it's time to meet the 3rd Bernard kid: Blueberry Bernard is born without a fuss in the kitchen. He has the traits: virtouoso and slob.
And before anyone knows it, Raspberry gets the cake treatment, and turns into a lovely child. She gains the Vehicle Enthusiast trait (to the surprise of her parents). See her conutry outfits below:

Blueberry breezes through his baby days, and ages into an adorable toddler:

Strawberry and Raspberry spend all their time together. Whether it's sleeping in their bunk beds, or playing in the sprinklers. They even include Rebecca McGraw one afternoon to get her help with their homework. Both girls enjoy excursions to the local graveyard, bringing him cool posters and rare gems (Vampire's eye) and seeds. Strawberry even completes a scavenger hunt, and becomes an honour student.
Yves enjoys reading his daughters to sleep at night. Norman is starting to get the feeling that time is running out, and goes on a mission to leave his mark in this family and home. He upgrades the nectar machines, so they produce 1 more bottle each time, and fireproofs the fireplace. Elaine tries out a harvester machine that Yves picked up at the Store, but finds herself with a huge dizzy headache - the harvester goes in the trash.
All those plasma fruits growing in the garden bring a little fanged gnome into the children's bedroom one night. Blueberry spends his free time playing a doll sent to him from a distant great aunt.
And there's yet another addition to the family! Meet little Blackberry Bernard, born with the traits of Heavy Sleeper and Insane.

With all these additions to the family, it came as a shock when Grim turned up for Grandpa Norman. Norman begged for more time with his growing family, but Grim was firm - Norman had already had a long life. His family buried him out by the old wood stack. This event put a real downer on Elaine's long overdue birthday. Her aim of choosing more stylish country clothes this time around doesn't seem to have worked out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2011, 04:11:32 AM »
R.I.P Norman. Happy birthday to the Bernards and welcome Blueberry! (I really like that name!)
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2011, 08:00:21 AM »
Please let me know if the pictures are too big, or not good quality. I'd rather not have to wait half an hour for them to load on my computer, and I'd like to know before I post the next family.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »
R.I.P. Norman. Welcome little Blueberry and Blackberry! Happy birthday to Elaine, and the girls.

I think the pictures are good. They're a little pixelated (?) between the different shades of colours but I think that's a graphics issue not something with your photo editing program. As for size, they look good to me.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »
Huh, what? I thought I had posted my comment before shutting the computer down earlier today but I guess I didn't. Shame on me. :-[ Oh well, I'll repost it below.

You won't believe, but I just reread the whole story for no specific reason. I believe there is one though - it's fantastic. The latest update, too, though it had a sad ending. RIP, Norman, you'll be missed.

Welcome to the little ones, Blueberry and Blackberry (oh how much I love those names). I hope everything goes well for the Bernard/Joy family henceforth.

Lastly, your pictures look good to me. So no need to worry over that. Awesome update. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2011, 06:17:04 AM »
Hehe, I often use finally in introducing my updates, but... Finally the Windsoar family!

Nina Windsoar (formely Nina Caliente) - Young Adult (mum)
Theo Windsoar (pronounced Tay-oh) - Young Adult (dad)
Mina Windsoar - baby (twin daughter)
Rina Windsoar - baby (twin daughter)

The last time we saw this family, Nina and Theo were trying to settle in to Theo's old house, with newborn twin daughters. Since then, they've found a lovely new cottage to move into (Thanks for Micler for the lovely house). Nina and Theo enjoy the quaint, cluttered style in Nina's favourite colour, especially the lovely fireplace.
Nina and Theo are still working on their careers. Nina is slowly gaining some acclaim as a stylist - even styling her co-workers. Theo is working on his writing skills at the kitchen table. Nina uses the drawing board at the Consignment Shop to study during her time off, until she can afford her own.

Before they know it, their daughters age up to gorgeous toddlers. See their outfits below. First is Mina, with her mum's hair (minus those artificial pink highlights), and her mum's tastes in colour. Next is Rina, with her dad's hair and her favourite colour purple.

Nina and Theo find their jobs to be just flexible enough to work. Nina looks after the girls while Theo works in the morning, then sneaks some styling hours into the afternoon while Theo watches the girls. They share the teaching duties - Nina makes sure to educate her daughters on romantic know-how, while Theo teaches them... how to be good citizens within the law. Meanwhile Nina gets promoted, and gains a painting skill, and a cooking skill. She bares the brunt of a cruel rumour about peeing herself in public (untrue!), but is pleasantly surprised by the random gift of a hot tub. It looks great in the garden. The girls love playing with their toys... so do childish Nina and Theo. Nina invites fellow celeb Lala Malifa over, and Theo repeats to her how he is Nina's husband until she acknowledges him, and he even gains his first celebrity star!

And it's not long before Mina and Rina age up to children, with all their lessons done. Above is their new furniture. Rina gains the Good Sense of Humour trait, and Mina discovers she's a Party Animal. Nina decks them out in the latest fashions. Looks like Rina takes after her dad with more than just hair colour...

Mina and Rina love being children. Theo buys them a castle-styled treehouse, that they name the House of Pink and Lavender. They hold tea parties with the fluffy toys, and do their homework together. They each have 2 stars just for being Nina's daughters.
Nina gets 2 new tattoos - a rose on either shoulder, on in pink and one in purple. She is awarded a stylist trophy for her good work at makeovers! She does a few home visits, and is promoted to Houndsforth Soothsayer, level 4 in the stylist career.
Theo writes an article on Lala, and gets promoted to Freelance Writer, journalism level 3.
And it's time for Nina's adult birthday. She throws a big party, which is a roaring success. Theo gives her a car. It may not be an expensive car, but Nina is touched by his thoughtfulness with the pattern.

Below is Nina's new outfits. She always finds it hardest to dress herself.

And last, here is the makeovers Nina has done lately. The red dress is Agnes Crumplebottom, and the old guy is Bobby Sargeant.

Next will be Dina Caliente and her room mate Serena Abe.

Sorry some of the photos look a little pixelated. I might get photoshop elements after all...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2011, 06:24:09 AM »
Yay, update! Awesome as always pally, I love all the pink  :D. By the way, where did you get that pattern on the girls' bedspreads?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2011, 06:32:31 AM »
I love Nina's new look! Happy birthday to the twin's and Nina! The pictures look fine to be. No photoshop is needed. Fantastic update!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2011, 07:41:45 AM »
thanks both of you :)

Ausette, the pattern is on the swap shop by Jancy: http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php?topic=3701.0
I love all the patterns on the swap shop, they make decorating so much fun :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
YAY update! Happy birthday to all the girls. I love all 3 new wardrobes and Nina's tattoo idea is awesome. I love that you dressed the girls alike. :D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2011, 06:00:09 AM »
By the way, I've worked out the pixeled-ness of the images is not from the program I'm using, it's just how my computer looks at them (the old images from photoshop also look wierd to me). So might ask my dad to check out my graphics options.

Anyway, on to today's update. The Caliente family has moved into a brand new mini mansion (made by Lilygirl - thank you!) that Dina is very happy with.

Dina Caliente - young adult
Serena Abe - teenager

There is no time to settle in for Serena - it's time for her to finally spread her wings. Dina doesn't even remember Serena's birthday, so she celebrates alone. She gains the Natural Cook trait and her lifetime wish is to be a Master Mixologist. Serena grows up into a gorgeous young woman, and leaves home with nothing in her pockets but her dreams.

Dina finds reason to believe that Serena's presence was somehow keeping her from her goals. An afternoon with William Fang finally gets her the bite she's been dreaming of. The pain is worth it. Over the next few days she celebrates the end of her mortal life, and prepares to leave the day behind. Dina then completes her metamorphosis to be come a vampire.

This dramatic change prompts a whole new look for Dina:

Everything is now going well for Dina. She earns two promotions at work, taking her to Acting level 3. At night her new powers are exhilirating. She loves rocking out at the local bars, showing off her new look for her fans. And she wins her first taste of plasma.

Dina finds herself publicly disgraced after word got out of what she did to a local man. Biting sims seems to come with a price that Dina is not willing to pay again anytime soon. It's going to be plasma juice for a while. This leaves her surprisingly lonely, and on a whim Dina decides it's time to add to her family. The next day the social worker drops off her adopted son, Edward. He has the traits: Brave, Easily Impressed and Lucky.

At first Dina is very loving towards Edward. She hugs him, and even sits in the sun watching him play in the pool. But she's also quick to discover the downside of having kids. Edward leaves her a surprise on the couch that ruins her mood instantly. The poor boy didn't mean any harm, but Dina finds her emotions easily influenced as a vampire and she's never had much patience with children. The next day as Edward makes friends with his cousins (Mina and Rina) and their parents at the park, Dina arranges to send him to Smugsworth Prep School. Nothing but the best for her boy. He even leaves with three celebrity stars.

Dina reminds herself of the joys of the single life. She has a lot of fun at Aquarius that night, looking over the bay from the roof. Watch out Barnacle Bay, Dina is on the prowl... in her brand new toyota prius.

Next is the Greenwood family.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2011, 06:13:54 AM »
Loved that update!  Happy Birthday and bye Serena! I think I know how Serena will work her way back into the story..
Welcome little Edward! Dina's a vampire now, that's going to make things interesting!
Sending Edward off to boarding school probably wasn't the most motherly thing, him only just joining the family, but it's something Dina would do.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2011, 07:48:29 PM »
I think it's really interesting that Dina's a vampire but isn't dressed in Goth-style! Kudos to you for branching out, Pally.

I agree with Gogo, adopting a little boy and then sending him off to boarding school does seem like something Dina would most definitely do.

Happy birthday and good-bye for now, Serena!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2011, 03:17:37 AM »
Yes I think Dina is being quite true to her own personality in relation to Edward. I bought that dress in black on the store and I thought it suited a vampire, but wanted to give it a twist so I made it white. I'm quite pleased with the result. I'm already planning what's going to happen to the new young adults that have left home. :)

anything