Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61254 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2011, 04:08:02 AM »
I'm loving the new pets! Catalina is just really beautiful! I love her face when riding...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

loveSims

« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »
Great update! All the animals is so cute :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2011, 07:48:17 PM »
I've been lurking for awhile, but I just have to say that I really love this concept! Awesome update and the pets are adorable!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:45 PM »
Delightful updates, Pally! I love all the new pets. Hopefully, the unicorn will be more willing next time. The little puppy - Jojo - is adorable!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2011, 09:04:57 PM »
I love the animals. I'm very jealous of your pets right now. (I have the chipset so same issue as Esther. Distorted pets) Really nice updates.

Not to go too off topic with the next two questions but what graphics card do you use, and how well does Pets work with it? Also, Nina not able to get a job anymore, is this a new glitch? How did that glitch start?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »
Thanks for your comments everyone!

Yes Nina's joblessness is a glitch. I started a topic about it here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7154.0
I think when I play her again I can use testingcheats to spawn jobs for her. My only other sim with a that type of job (architect) seems to be getting jobs like normal, which is good. :)

Hmmmm, graphics card. I'll pm you the stats for my computer (I only know them caus of a sticker on my laptop lol).

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #246 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:49 AM »
Finally the Crumplebottoms!

(Elder) Agnes Crumplebottom - wife/mum
(Adult) Leighton Crumplebottom - husband/dad
(Teen) Patricia Crumplebottom - daughter/sister
(Teen) Ingrid Crumplebottom - daughter/sister

and introducing Missy and Milo! Missy is neat, friendly and lazy, while Milo is quiet, genius, and lazy.

The Crumplebottoms needed a change of scenery so they bought this fabolous house (thanks danefaith!) and settled in:

...with some of their own additions of course:

Leighton is still doing well with his Architect job, and is really making a name for himself. He's become Sultan of Style (career level 9). Agnes divides her time between painting on the balcony, or practicing her cello. She's become an Art Gallery Rookie (painting career level 6), and a Master Bassist by learning all the cello songs. The couple also find time to appreciate each other - love is still very much alive!

Grandma Yumi's grave has been successfully moved into the back yard. Milo and Missy very much enjoy spending time together, and make the most use of their luxury furniture. Both gain the non-destructive trait and Milo also gains the neat trait.

Patricia and Ingrid go to their school prom! Both manage to forget their formal wear. Ingrid has a great time with her date Jason McGraw and she's named Prom Queen! Patricia on the other hand gets a drink thrown in her face upon asking someone to dance. Despite this the sisters are best of friends, and often play games together.

Ingrid gets a Yellow Naped Amazon bird from the pet store, and names him Lago. Ingrid also picked up a new scratching post for the cats. Ingrid is enjoying the drama and art clubs (she's gained 2 sculpting skill and 1 painting skill), while Patricia earns a trophy in her newspaper club. Patricia likes to escape the drama of a teenage life by going to the library to read. Agnes chills out by buying a huge new hot tub! Everyone like's that!

Agnes has a thriving social life, and often goes out to parties. She takes Ingrid to the Grisby's party one night, and Ingrid is soon the life of the party. At home Agnes loves her kitties and family, but she's having trouble with Patricia. She seems to be getting into fights at school, and Anges won't stand for it, so she gives Patricia a sharp warning.

Missy and Milo are oblivious to the dramas of their sims.

Ingrid and Patricia are still feeling betrayed after the breakup of their brother Sam, and Laurel Grisby. In a moment of hot-headedness, the sisters go and egg Laurel's house. Unfortunately the police turn up and Patricia is caught and taken home in the cop car. Agnes is furious and grounds her. Meanwhile Ingrid, somehow evading the police, has a change of heart and ends up having an enlightening conversation with Laurel. At home, Leighton (who hates to discipline his girls), cheers Agnes up, but leaves Patricia to cool down.

Then there is a lovely addition to the family! Missy has given birth to two kittens: Abbey (the fat one) and Arthur, both with the traits friendly and quiet. Aren't they cute?

The kittens soon settle into the family - even Grandma Yumi says hello! And Missy expresses her happiness by yowling along to the music.

It's Patricia's birthday and she invites her only close friend, Gentle Sargeant, over to celebrate with cake. But for a reason completely unknown to Patricia, Gentle arrives only to snub Patricia. Upset, Patricia still manages to have cake (without Gentle), and feels a little better with her family's support.

Patricia gains the workaholic trait, and decides she wants to be a CEO of a Mega-Corporation. Her parents give her some handmade paintings and sketches, as well as a generous gift of simoleons. Patricia chooses a neat new wardrobe, and leaves on good terms with her parents and sister, and takes Arthur with her to her new home.

Life continues for the remaining Crumplebottoms.

Leighton and Agnes work on their art, Sam visits briefly, and Leighton finally starts teaching Ingrid to drive. Agnes is now an Illustrious Illustrator (painting career level 7), and Leighton is now a Dictator of Design (architecture level 10)! He's at painting level 9, and cooking level 3, and now has 3 celebrity stars! Ingrid has gained some charisma.

And so we leave the Crumplebottom family, but we will be dropping in with Patricia again before the end of the round. Next - the Lin family!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #247 on: January 04, 2012, 05:40:33 AM »
The cats are so cute! It was lovely to see Agnes so happy. Awesome update. ;D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #248 on: January 04, 2012, 06:40:59 AM »
I've missed this story! Patricia seems to have had quite the exciting teen hood. The kittens are just too cute!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2012, 10:31:55 AM »
All the puppies, kitties, and horsies are so cute! (excuse my kid language.. haha) I absolutely love Catalina's bedroom colors and design. And I'm really glad to see the Crumplebottom ladies + Leighton are doing well :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2012, 01:28:56 AM »
The Lin Family:

(Adult) Roxie Lin - aunt/sister
(Adult) Shirley Lin - sister/wife/mum
(Adult) Jules Lin - husband/dad
(Child) Marlin Lin - son/brother/nephew
(Child) Piranha Lin - daughter/sister/neice
(Toddler) Minnow Lin - son/brother/nephew

And introducing two dogs from the shelter:

Bruce is destructive, piggy, independent, and sporting newly dyed fur (he sleeps in Roxie's room).
Sheba is hyper, genius, and quiet and sleeps in Piranha's room.

These dogs are most certainly not the best behaved dogs in the Bay. They chew the furniture, pee inside, dig holes in the yard, are loud and wild and love getting dirty. But with a maid cleaning up after them once a day, the Lin family don't mind (in fact Roxie is approving - she wants a tough rebellious dog). They drink from the pond (at least they're not eating Jules' fish) half the time, and eat from their bowl the rest of the time. Neither are much prone to discipline, but they love their sims, and are loved back.

Now to the rest of the family. Minnow is a happy little boy. Jules is finishing up the last of the toddler's lessons, and the rest of the time Minnow plays with his toys, blocks, and even with his sister's imaginary friend doll (when she's at school).

Shirley is doing regular free vaccine clinics at the local parks and graveyards, and has been given a raise, and a promotion to Trauma Surgeon (medicine level 6). With those crazy hours it's a good thing that her kids aren't all babies anymore. Marlin spends all his time discovering new potions with his lab kit and he's on the honour roll at school. Roxie has bought herself a new guitar, and rocks it out at concerts, local parks, and anywhere where she has listeners. She's become a Pop Icon (level 9 in rock career), and is now a Master Guitarist (since she's learnt all songs). She's known as such a tough nut, that she was asked to teach police negotiation! Piranha enjoys school (she's also on the honour roll), but most of all she likes to go on scavenger hunts to find raw metals and gems. Jules is doing well in his fishing career – he’s now a Commercial Fisherman. He’s completed the Amateur Ichytologist challenge by catching 20 different types of fish, and he’s begun to mount his best fish.

Minnow  grows up! He gains the angler trait, and chooses a green wardrobe.

Minnow loves going fishing with his dad. He’s already at fishing level 3. He and Piranha have both gained celebrity stars, and they both enjoy scouting – Minnow gets his first badge. Piranha likes playing with her imaginary friend Silly, and hanging out with the dogs. Sheba discovers the joy of rolling in puddles. Marlin spends all his time hidden in his experiments room, until it’s time for his birthday!

Marlin gains the computer whiz trait, and decides he wants to be a World Renowned Surgeon one day.

One night the whole family wakes to Bruce’s loud barking – he’s caught a burglar! Roxie rushes down stairs to see if she can get a punch in, while Jules tries to restrain Bruce. The moment Shirley spots the robber she faints! In the end it’s the cop that does the fighting, and Bruce gets a well earned reward.

Marlin is doing well at his potions – he’s now at Logic level 8, and has discovered 8 potions! He enjoys his shop club after school, but still spends most of his time in his experiment room. Piranha loves playing with the dogs, and looks forward to being old enough to train them. Roxie is still doing great with her guitar, and Shirley is doing well at her clinics (she cured Laural Grisby of llama tail, and  cured Suzy Fang of a small cold). Shirley is promoted to Gene Therapist (medicine level 7), and has been watching the cooking channel so much that she’s up to cooking level 5.

Piranha draws Silly aside and offers her the special potion that her brother Marlin promised her a long time ago. She’s delighted when Silly quickly downs the liquid, and begins to glow. Meet Silly Lin – a couch potato, vegetarian, and neat. Piranha moves her fish (in a bowl below her bed) into her dad’s bigger tank, and uses the space to give Silly a bed. Silly finds her first hours of sim life to be very strange. She’s not sure whether she’s still Piranha’s doll, or her own sim. Jules teaches Silly her first song, and sets her on the path to individuality.

And that’s the Lins! It’s such a big family now. Next will be the Fangs – finally there will be some teenage vampires!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2012, 01:37:05 AM »
The Fangs are sounding exciting! I love the new dogs and Silly! The Lins are getting quite big.

loveSims

« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2012, 01:50:25 AM »
You almost have a full house now! The doggies is very cute. Awesome update. Can't wait for the Fangs!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36:49 AM »
I'm afraid I have hit an (almost insurmountable) hurdle with continuing this story. The game file no longer works - it freezes every time I try to play. My theory is that this is because the game file is so huge - instead of game data for one family per neighbourhood, I have game data for 20 or so families. So, my options are limited, considering I love this neighbourhood and don't want to have to start again. I will have to go back to a previous save file (I'm not sure how long ago that will take me back), and then my plan is to... split the town. I would take half the families (and their homes and belongings) out of BB, and move them somewhere else to start a new neighbourhood. This would hopefully prevent another freezing (I will have to keep the neighbourhoods at a limited size). At the moment my thoughts are to move them to Lunar Lakes when it comes out (I'm interested in that so far). So the question is, who to move, and who to stay? I will be thinking on this for a few days, and trying out the old save files. Any advice or suggestions (whether they be technical advice or comments on which sims should move) are very welcome!

Offline matrona99

• Nooboo
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2012, 11:10:51 PM »
Hi,

I don't have any advice, but I do want to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading this story and how much I appreciate the effort you've put into keeping it going. I hope your plan to split the town works and look forward to reading more no matter where the families end up!

anything