Author Topic: Teen Survival Interface (A Runaway Teen Challenge) (COMPLETE)  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
This a challenge I've wanted to do for quite a while and never got around to. I'm using a sim that got thrown aside in this sims 3 family I blogged for like 2 years. There will be references to that every so often, but nothing huge. Just a "if you know, you know" thing, if not it doesn't matter. I can't find the original ruleset I was following for this, but I have this rules after a quick google search.

I have bent the rules a tad.
- I'm not deducting any simoleons from anything, because I'm playing console and I want the trophy, that means no cheats. Plus, walking everywhere is free, and sims seem to walk or jog everywhere in this game.
- Ageing is off, and she will stay a teen for the whole challenge.
- Another rule I found a way of going around it, well, you will see in the intro.

Chapters

Introduction

"The name I was given upon my creation is "Niska Snowe." My trait programs have long been overwritten or deleted many times since that day. Now they are "childish" and "cheerful." I have also increased my capabilities to be on the level of sims who are a "quick learner." I found a way to give myself a resemblance to my maternal creation unit."

"Quite a long time ago now, I looked like this. A simbot with a fascination of all mannerisms of human sims. This very workbench was were I came into existence. I travelled through time, not only enabling my family to find each other, but to find those capable of allowing me to blend in with sims. Centuries have passed since that day, and much of my family is long gone."

"My Maternal Creation Unit built me in the backyard of the cottage she shared with her family, in the invention safety zone. All of my family tried so very hard to make me feel safe, but we knew that many would seek to harm or sell me. My Maternal Creation Unit told me to take the time machine and find a place where I belong.

This, I did."

The challenge does state not to have a house, but most players of this challenge have the expansion pack that has tents. I don't have that, so I built her a "tent" with a bed. I also put a toilet in there because I also don't have that bush that is used as a toilet. It doesn't give me any advantage over any other player. I bought the most expensive objects, and then bought some statues to put in her family inventory.  This is where I'm bending the rules.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
Re: Teen Survival Interface (A Runaway Teen Challenge)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 05:35:01 PM »

Niska headed to the park, and immediately met this boy who had to show her something on his phone.

Devante: "Hey... look at this awesome video on my phone."
Niska: "I will engage on this humour making with you, teen sim male."

That conversation over, Niska headed over to the pond to start fishing. She was hungry but didn't have enough to buy anything to cook on the grill, so she had to fish and sell them to earn enough.

Niska fished for quite a while, and gained two skill points in the process.

Niska: "Increasing strength interaction. Must pull in fish..."

Then she reeled this in, and threw it back in the pond.

While she was fishing, I noticed someone. I drew on the picture, because after resizing, she is even harder to pick out.

Briar-Rose out and about! This is funny, lol, because I used my challenge save. She should still be locked in that room. Niska is not allowed to talk to her, because Briar-Rose is a young adult. Niska is not allowed to talk to anyone older than teen.

This cracked me up.

Niska: "Where is my fish? I reeled it in... no wriggling fish."

Her next attempt resulted in a fish. Still not enough to buy some food after selling them all.

Niska tried searching for frogs, but no luck this time.

Not far from a secluded space she found not far from the main park, there was rock she could dig. She found a MySims figure that sold for just enough for her to buy some food.

Further exploration of this secluded place, and there was a picnic area with a grill. Niska cooked some hot dogs.

Niska: "My first meal with my synthetic sim digestion system. The taste on my taste bud pallet..." (retch) "I do hope I grow accustom to it."

While Niska was eating her first meal, Devante came over to get a hot dog and talk. She gained a charisma skill from it.

Devante: "Woah! You are hot! And you actually eat proper food and not salads? Are you single?"
Niska: "Response not found. Dine well on your meal, teen sim male."

Niska headed to the bathroom, now having to deal with the other problem with that new digestion system.

Niska: (excited) "I get to use a toilet instead of just fixing it!"

Niska slept on a bench. She is more like her Maternal Creation Unit's mother than she thinks.

Niska woke up to a text on her phone.

Niska: "What is this language? Letter U, letter R, a word "hawt," and several strange faces!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 12:47:40 AM »
I've never actually done this challenge, but a teen starting out with zilch is something I've done lots of times!

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:38 AM »
Yeah, I did sorta have that start once. In sims 3, but that was a teen, a child and a toddler. They didn't start off with nothing like Niska though. This challenge is so much fun.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 07:28:02 AM »
I like the bot-back story and love that bumped into Briar Rose. Good luck with the challenge!

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 08:42:01 AM »
@Granny Lawlor, Thanks! :D Yeah, it's funny how often Brair-Rose cropped up in the background during this challenge. It got so frequent I stopped documenting it.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 08:49:25 AM »

Niska found some angry little girl outside the public bathrooms. I'm 40% her name is Tara

Niska: "Downloading sim child slang. Process complete."
Tara: "You are weird."
Niska: "Teddy bears are fun. What did you name yours?"

Tara: "Teddy bears? What do I look like, a fossil in the museum? Everyone plays video games now. Do you play that blox game?"
Niska: "I have not played video games in four generations."
Tara: "What planet are you from?"
Niska: "Sunset Valley."

There was a stream not far from that hidden picnic spot, so she did some fishing for a while.

And caught only this bit of wooden log.

Niska headed back to her tent exhausted.

Then the Caliente sisters and their mother started knocking on the door of the tent. Shortly after, Don Lothario turned up with a cake. A quick scan of the neighbourhood showed that they are Niska's neighbours.

I didn't fail, because they didn't interact with Niska directly. I couldn't stop the welcome wagon event. Niska was asleep most of the time they were there.

Niska wakes up and calls that kid from last night.

Niska: "Tiny sim! People outside my tent! What do I do?"
Tara: "Answer it! Or wait until they leave. Don't call me at school!"

Poor Niska. She had to hide out in her tent until the Calientes and Don left.

Niska was starting to get stinky, so she headed to the gym.

Oddly enough, Briar-Rose was working out here too. Niska still didn't talk to her. She headed to the locker rooms to use the shower.

That is a nice touch that she got out wearing a towel. That doesn't happen in private houses.

Niska: "Far more pleasant experience. That should clean the grime off my synthetic waterproof skin."

Niska: "Drinking this water should rid me of this strange desire to eat."

It made no impact what so ever. Kinda seemed pointless really.

Then it was off to the park to get something to eat.

Niska: "I will never become accustomed to this human habit."

Niska sat down to the chess table for some logic skill point game, while Malcolm Landgraab was playing.

Niska: "Strange... you have a near identical resemblance to a boy infant cousin Shane had a friendship union with."
Malcolm: "You talk weird!"

Malcolm must have lost, because he stomped off in a huff. Niska played on her own for a little while, then headed down to the secluded stream to fish. She fished until the fish stopped biting.

Then moved further down the stream to catch a few more.

After fishing, she grabbed a flower from this bush. She can plant it near her tent to grow. She actually has a fair few fruits, herbs, fruits and veggies in her inventory that I've picked up ready for planting. Gardening is so much easier this way.

Then she played chess on her own for a while.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
Re: Teen Survival Interface (A Runaway Teen Challenge) (chapter 3 added)
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 05:50:46 PM »

To mix things up a little, the next time Niska needed to shower, she headed to Willow Creek to check out the gym there. Not as nice as the Oasis Springs one.

There was a fishing spot and a picnic area around the back of the gym. Niska completely misunderstood the term "dress for the occasion."

Niska: "I have my best garment on. Time to fish in the term "style.""

Niska: "OH MY CIRCUIT BOARDS!! A FISH!!"

Here is Niska in her formal dress, getting all excited over catching a fish. Moving on...

Niska: "Infant child! Take a break from that video game... I caught a fish and must pass the knowledge of it onto you!"
Tara: "Remember that conversation about school?!"
Niska: "I am calling outside of scheduled school hours."
Tara: "I am doing homework!"

It happened again! As soon as Niska arrived at the park, and the loading screen faded, this kid was hitting on her.

Sullivan: "WOW! YOU ARE HOT! Give me your number... please?"

Niska: "I am uncertain of this number you speak of. How would you like to engage in a more thrilling activity?"
Sullivan: (drooling) "Oh yeah! Wow, girl, you don't mess around."

I doubt this is what Sullivan had in mind.

Niska: "Your turn, teen sim male."
Sullivan: "Um... my curfew is soon..."

Niska played chess on her own for a while.

After selling all the fish she had collected, a bunch of spare fruits and vegetables, and things I find in those rocks, Niska had enough money to really work on her garden properly.

Just because the rules say she can't build a house until she has the funds for it, but that doesn't mean she can't buy one to play with!

Niska: "Teen male sim, my loneliness mood is rising! Fix it!"

Right away Sullivan came running to her house.

Niska: "Allow me to tell you a joke. You sims find those funny, correct?"
Sullivan: "Yeah!"
Niska: "Why did the scarecrow get a promotion? He was out standing in his field."
Sullivan: "HAHA! That is hilarious!"

Niska: "My heart is a heart cut pink diamond. What is yours?"
Sullivan: "Um... I don't know... muscle and blood, I think?"

They started playing some game, but Niska clearly didn't appreciate it, so they fell out and Sullivan left in a huff.

While fishing in the small lake behind the Calientes, Niska slipped into her party clothes.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: Teen Survival Interface (A Runaway Teen Challenge) (chapter 2 added)
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 12:20:30 AM »
Poor Niska. She doesn't understand sim interaction completely but she's getting there. She's just trying her best and she's adorable for doing so.

I love how you added her into the same file as Briar-Rose. It's neat seeing her in the background. I like to think she's keeping an eye on Niska.

I can't wait to read more of this, Nev! I personally love, LOVE the Runaway Teen Challenge and I'm so happy to see you taking it on with Niska! You got this!  ;D

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 07:25:19 AM »
She does try her best! And she thinks she is good at it too. I'm just stoked that Niska gets her story. Not swept aside in the chaos of the rest of the Snowe family.

The runaway teen challenge is really great. A lot easier on TS4 than TS3 though.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 11:30:06 AM »
You're making it look easy! Just adding this to my to-do list!
Soo many tempting challenges!

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »
@Granny Lawlor : It is so easy! It's one of those challenges that looks difficult, and is when you are first starting out and the teen has nothing. But once they get enough to afford food when they need it, it really takes off. Especially because in the beginning you spend a lot of time on community lots or in their own sub-neighbourhood, so it gives plants and trees time to grow. I've not once needed to buy seeds at all. I only bought a bag of Farmer level seeds each when her gardening skill reached that, just to see what produce it offered. If you do do this challenge, I'd love to read it.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2021, 02:02:39 PM »

Niska: "Child sim! Guess what I did!"
Tara: "Tended your garden?"
Niska: "Yes! How did you know?"

The cherry tree behind Niska's lot finally produced cherries, so I had her grab some.  I wish she could buy higher than the starter packets of seeds already, so I don't have to search the whole neighbourhood for crops. Then again, with grafting the crops I might not never need them.

Malcolm Landgrabb walked by, so I had Niska go talk to him.

Niska: "Sim named Malcolm Landrabb! Shane was well the last time I saw him!"
Malcolm: "Um... I don't know anyone named Shane..."
Niska: "You do not remember his penguin joke? Let me tell you it once more!"

Time to work on her aspiration. She needed to read 3 books. I had hoped that the art gallery would be better, but it was rubbish. Nothing of worth there.

She went to the park and read some books in that little lounge instead. But she only managed to finish that one, before needing to get some sleep.

Back to that secluded bench to sleep.

Niska: "Food is most confusing."

Then back to reading for those last two books.

Devante: "See that weird hot chick over there?"
Malcolm: "Yeah?"

Devante: "I flirted with her using this video..."
Malcolm: "WHAT IS THAT?! She is into that?!"

Niska: "Teen sim male, I wish to engage in the flirtatious interaction."
Devante: "I'm down with that."

Niska: "Did you get a new graphics card, because your outward appearance is flawless?"
Devante: "...."

He maybe in a flirty mood, but poor Niska struck out.

Then onto chess to get that last skill point for the her aspiration. No idea what this kid's name is. I'm not even going to make one up.

Niska: "CHILD SIM!! LOOK! A time machine!"
Child: "No! Stupid. That is the jungle gym. You are weird! I'm not playing with you."

Niska practised on her own instead, and got that skill point.

Her fishing was going really well. Skills are increasing, and she is raking in a little money.

Devante texted her and came over to hangout. They chatted for a while.

Niska: "This flirtatious behaviour that is appealing to you... what is it you are expecting?"
Devante: "Let me show you a video..."

Niska: "WHAT IS THIS ACTION?! Why is his tasting unit going in her speaking hole?!"
Devante: "They are kissing. We could try it... if you want to..."
Niska: "Keep your tasting unit out of my speaking hole!"

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
Re: Teen Survival Interface (A Runaway Teen Challenge) (chapter 4 added)
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 09:16:19 AM »

Niska: "Tee-hee-sound. He will not see me here!"

Devante texted her wanting to hang out, so I allowed it. She needs someone to talk to.

Niska: "Teen sim male! Come play with me and my miniature house! This doll is Tiffany, and this doll is Bailey... that one over there is Sinead, my Maternal Creation Unit... that small one is Shane with Kelly. Those two are Nigel and Guillaume."

Devante: "I don't want to play with your dolls."
Niska: "How can you not? Young infant cousin Kelly said they are the most fun things she had ever had to use as a vessel for her imagination."
Devante: "I don't doubt that. Can we do something more... um... normal for our age?"

Niska: "Did you read the book To The Netherworld and Back?"
Devante: "That ancient book that is like over a hundred years old? No. Wasn't it ancient romantic trash?"
Niska: "My maternal creation unit's sister wrote it."
Devante: "..."
Devante: "..."
Devante: "How about we don't talk."

Things did start to get a tad flirty between them.

Devante: "See? Isn't this nice? We both understand..."
Niska: "If you are planning on upgrading me, access to my circuit board is no longer in my back it is..."
Devante: "Let's just not talk."
Niska: "As you request, teen sim male."

The toilet broke, so Niska had to fix it. That also got the repair object for her aspiration stage.

Finally she had enough skills to start grafting, so I did a cutting of each of the apple trees and each of the cherry trees, and grafted them so I can get some pomegranates.

Niska needed strawberries and cuttings from snapdragon flowers, and I know for a fact they grow around Briar-Rose's house and on her street in Willow Creek, so Niska headed over there to get everything she needed.

The garden was starting to grow nicely, and I had a pretty decent routine. I finally let her go to school.

Niska: "This homework activity is most frustrating."

And, now she gets how to be a teen, lol.

I decided to splurge a little, and get her some comforts. This giant Unicorn stuffed toy was one of them.

Niska: "From this day forth we shall be that type of friends that is better than all the rest! It is customary for me to name you... you shall be Unicorn!"

Niska cracked open the rocks at the back of her lot. Didn't get much, so she sold the metals and junk she got from it.

While fishing, she managed to catch a weird kind of seed I didn't recognise, mostly fish, and two kinds of fruit. Everything got sold except for the seed.

Niska: "Teen sim male, let us take one of those frozen pictures I snap myself."

Devante is a frequent visitor. Barely a day goes by when he texts her wanting to come over and hangout.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Teen Survival Interface (A Runaway Teen Challenge) (chapter 5 added)
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2021, 03:05:04 AM »
Devante is persistent!