Author Topic: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty  (Read 18401 times)

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2021, 04:18:55 PM »
We've added a Hints and Tips thread for this Dynasty as well - Big Dreams Dynasty - Hints and Tips.

In addition, I've started a Discord server for chatting about the Big Dreams Dynasty - if you'd like to join, message me on Discord (GlazeyLady) or PM me here and give me your Discord name.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2021, 04:27:05 PM »
After the eighth generation and we have completed sixteen dreams could we just keep going and complete more?

If we don't complete sixteen dreams before the eighth generation are we disqualified from the Hall of Fame?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2021, 06:46:07 PM »
@mariposa1127:

1. It's your file and can be continued how you please once the dynasty is over.

2. The eighth generation is a necessary participant but yeah, it can't go over.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2021, 08:30:33 PM »
After the eighth generation and we have completed sixteen dreams could we just keep going and complete more?

If we don't complete sixteen dreams before the eighth generation are we disqualified from the Hall of Fame?

If you get to the eighth generation and have not completed the sixteen dreams, then you don't Qualify for HOF.

"At least 16 Big Dreams must be completed, with at least one in the eighth generation, to qualify for the Dynasty Hall of Fame."

You can continue past eight generations.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2021, 11:01:09 PM »
After having a break after the tournament, briefly trying an unoffical single sim challenge and actually finding myself getting slightly bored ::) I might be ready to start trying this dynasty now. Going to be starting afresh though since I'm still not up for an 8-sim household.

Things I noticed with the speadsheet - quite a bit of what are probably just minor typos but also some questions:

Family ties 2nd other requirement is now different to family matters other requirement (family ties no longer specifies "3" top notch toddlers) - is this a typo or deliberate change?

Some dreams have check boxes with no task - typo or is there something missing?
- Alien antics
- Restauranteur
- Creative artisan

Dreams that have a task/s with no check box next to it
- Creative artisan
- Eco warrier
- Virtuous vet
- Gold digger
- Champion of Batuu

Dreams where packs required section doesn't appear to match the dream requirements. The point at which I noticed a discrepency is in brackets. There may be more discrepencies elsewhere, these are just ones I noticed.
- Creative artisan (aspirations)
- Ghostbusters (scouts/drama, wellness skill)
- Intrepid adventurer (character traits, scouts/drama)
- Legendary gamer (Leader of the pack aspiration)
- Superstar (character traits)
- Ace photographer (other requirement - I'm not sure but it seems like there are 17 options and by my count at least 6 require a pack not listed under the required packs)

I'm also not sure why rancherino says eco living is needed, but I might be missing something obvious there since I don't have it.

Mischief maker problem child achievement -
It looks like this achievement has to be finished a teen. Maybe it'd be better to group this with the other teen requirements so that people don't accidentally miss it. When I was playing the big dreams finale I generally just looked at the requirements for the age my sim was. (Not much of the spreadsheet fits on my laptop screen at any one time, even at 75% zoom setting.)

On that note, are required traits considered part of the pre-YA requirements? Can someone who is moved in via marriage do one of these dreams if they don't have these traits? (They could have a retraiting potion after moving in assuming someone in the house can afford one).

Soulmate - is this sim expected to marry their teen boyfriend/girlfriend? It doesn't say they have to but since the dream is named soulmate, I am wondering if that was the intention. If yes, are we allowed to age up their teen sweetheart since YAs can't be in romantic relationships with teens.

Love em and take em -
I don't know how long the requirements would take with parenthood/seasons since I don't have those, but 6 school days as a teen is about twice as long as I needed for any of my teens in the tournament finale. So... does the teen have to spend both 3 full school days on make friends and 3 full school days on slack off? Or would it be acceptable for them to just do 3 school days with each day is spent partly on make friends & partly on slack off?

Alien antics -
I'm not very experienced with aliens - am I correct in assuming that an alien made in CAS (as one of your founders) would meet the requirement for the dream?

Other general questions:

If I get a pack I don't have midway through doing this, do I have to add any dreams I can now complete to the current round of big dreams? (Though It might not change that much for me as I'm not planning to get parenthood or seasons in the near future).

It looks like there may be a few dreams that I'd only be able to do if I married someone into the household (ie. the YA stuff is possible with my packs but not the pre YA). Do I have include these dreams in my first round of unique dreams? I don't really want to have too many sims marry in, as I'm not all that fond of trying to get completed collections and a uni degree is very time consuming. Am I allowed to just start all the dreams that I can do with natural born/adopted babies and then start repeating dreams?

Can the founders be a platonic couple (eg. best friends or siblings) so long as they don't marry any other sim?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Finishing Up for Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2021, 07:25:48 AM »
Hi team

Can I ask about the finishing up part?
If I've completed at least 15 Big Dreams up to the 7th generation and then one of my 8th generation completes a Big Dream, is that officially the end for the HoF? Or...if more that one of the 8th generation is working on a Big Dream, can I delay the official "end" until they're done?

I'd been assuming:
2 BDs done in gen 1 and then as many as I want to do divided between the 7 remaining generations.

If it officially ends with the first completed BD of the 8th generation then my planning becomes:
2 BDs done in gen 1, 1 BD done in gen 8 and the others I want to do divided between 6 remaining generations

Does that make sense? No rush for an answer.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 08:19:29 AM »
Hi team

If I've completed at least 15 Big Dreams up to the 7th generation and then one of my 8th generation completes a Big Dream, is that officially the end for the HoF? Or...if more that one of the 8th generation is working on a Big Dream, can I delay the official "end" until they're done?

I'd been assuming:
2 BDs done in gen 1 and then as many as I want to do divided between the 7 remaining generations.

If it officially ends with the first completed BD of the 8th generation then my planning becomes:
2 BDs done in gen 1, 1 BD done in gen 8 and the others I want to do divided between 6 remaining generations

Glazey or another team member can weigh in with their take, but I don't see why you'd be forced to stop play. I see it as your choice if multiple 8th gen Sims are working on a BD. If anything, you're doing more work than is required to get into the HOF by having more than one 8th gen do a BD.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2021, 12:15:38 PM »
Hi team

I'd been assuming:

Glazey or another team member can weigh in with their take, but I don't see why you'd be forced to stop play. I see it as your choice if multiple 8th gen Sims are working on a BD. If anything, you're doing more work than is required to get into the HOF by having more than one 8th gen do a BD.

Agreed - you need to complete at least 16 Big Dreams (but you can do more) and at least one of those has to be in the 8th generation. You are welcome to do more than 16 Big Dreams, and you can play your file for more generations if you want to; 16 Big Dreams with at least 1 in the 8th generation is just the minimum for HoF.

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2021, 08:34:55 PM »
Family ties 2nd other requirement is now different to family matters other requirement (family ties no longer specifies "3" top notch toddlers) - is this a typo or deliberate change?
typo - fixed

Some dreams have check boxes with no task - typo or is there something missing?
Fixed them

Dreams that have a task/s with no check box next to it
Fixed them

Dreams where packs required section doesn't appear to match the dream requirements. The point at which I noticed a discrepency is in brackets. There may be more discrepancies elsewhere, these are just ones I noticed.
- Creative artisan (aspirations) - updated packs
- Ghostbusters (scouts/drama, wellness skill) - added fitness skill, updated packs
- Intrepid adventurer (character traits, scouts/drama) - updated packs
- Legendary gamer (Leader of the pack aspiration) - updated packs
- Superstar (character traits) - updated packs
- Ace photographer (other requirement - I'm not sure but it seems like there are 17 options and by my count at least 6 require a pack not listed under the required packs) - added more options for base game and packs already identified

I'm also not sure why rancherino says eco living is needed, but I might be missing something obvious there since I don't have it.
Changed Eco Lifestyle to be highly recommended rather than required.

Mischief maker problem child achievement -
It looks like this achievement has to be finished a teen. Maybe it'd be better to group this with the other teen requirements so that people don't accidentally miss it. When I was playing the big dreams finale I generally just looked at the requirements for the age my sim was. (Not much of the spreadsheet fits on my laptop screen at any one time, even at 75% zoom setting.)
I added a note about that under teen, but we do suggest players review all of the requirements for a Big Dream before starting it and to make sure they understand those requirements. This may involve additional research beyond what we've included in the spreadsheet.

On that note, are required traits considered part of the pre-YA requirements? Can someone who is moved in via marriage do one of these dreams if they don't have these traits? (They could have a retraiting potion after moving in assuming someone in the house can afford one).
Traits stay with a Sim unless you change them, so they are not just YA requirements. If you move in a Sim to do a Big Dream that has required traits, and that Sim does not have those traits, then you must use a retraiting potion to ensure that the Sim has the required traits. Any Sim in the household can buy that potion and give it to the Sim who needs it.

Soulmate - is this sim expected to marry their teen boyfriend/girlfriend? It doesn't say they have to but since the dream is named soulmate, I am wondering if that was the intention. If yes, are we allowed to age up their teen sweetheart since YAs can't be in romantic relationships with teens.
There is no expectation that the Sim marry their teen boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, there is no rule preventing you from aging up a Sim not in the household.

Love em and take em -
I don't know how long the requirements would take with parenthood/seasons since I don't have those, but 6 school days as a teen is about twice as long as I needed for any of my teens in the tournament finale. So... does the teen have to spend both 3 full school days on make friends and 3 full school days on slack off? Or would it be acceptable for them to just do 3 school days with each day is spent partly on make friends & partly on slack off?
They do need to spend 3 days on each for a total of 6 days. This is because gaining the negative traits is very difficult. Spending these 6 days is likely still an easier and less painful alternative than getting the negative character traits.

Alien antics -
I'm not very experienced with aliens - am I correct in assuming that an alien made in CAS (as one of your founders) would meet the requirement for the dream?
Yes

If I get a pack I don't have midway through doing this, do I have to add any dreams I can now complete to the current round of big dreams? (Though It might not change that much for me as I'm not planning to get parenthood or seasons in the near future).

Yes, if new Big Dreams become available to you, then you do need to add those Big Dreams into your rotation.

It looks like there may be a few dreams that I'd only be able to do if I married someone into the household (ie. the YA stuff is possible with my packs but not the pre YA). Do I have include these dreams in my first round of unique dreams? I don't really want to have too many sims marry in, as I'm not all that fond of trying to get completed collections and a uni degree is very time consuming. Am I allowed to just start all the dreams that I can do with natural born/adopted babies and then start repeating dreams?

If you are able to do the Big Dreams, then you do need to include them in the rotation. There are 12 that only need Base Game. Are there at least 4 more that you can do with the packs you have (including by the founders and other Sims married in)?

Can the founders be a platonic couple (eg. best friends or siblings) so long as they don't marry any other sim?
The rule is: "Founders do not have to be married or get married in-game, but they must remain a couple as Founders of the Dynasty (they can't marry any other Sim)." The word "couple" was intended to convey that this is a romantic relationship. But if you are wanting that to be platonic, that is okay, but neither of them can have a romantic relationship with anyone else. If there are any children born from pregnancy, the two founders have to the be the two parents.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2021, 01:54:29 PM »
Thanks @GlazeyLady & @Metropolis Man - that answers my question

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2021, 08:28:39 AM »
Ok fine I’ll start a new challenge...

I promised myself I’d wait until my 100 Baby was finished but I can’t resist this Dynasty... time to remove MCCC from my game and make my founders!
they/he pronouns please!

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2021, 10:14:32 AM »

I promised myself I’d wait until my 100 Baby was finished but I can’t resist this Dynasty... time to remove MCCC from my game and make my founders!

Welcome aboard! So glad you're joining us in this Dynasty!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2021, 04:45:27 PM »
I just want to express my admiration for how absolutely amazing the Big Dreams are and how clearly well thought out. Pam would love this. I should have dropped in to say something when you did the other challenge... I just felt strange and not very talkative but looking this over makes the 'make a million dollars' scenario look so pitiful. I'd love to see the type of depth you add with challenges officially supported by the game. Imagine if the rules were tracked... it'd be amazing.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2021, 06:16:15 PM »

Hurray @Auranaris 💖

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2021, 10:41:23 AM »
I just want to express my admiration for how absolutely amazing the Big Dreams are and how clearly well thought out. Pam would love this. I should have dropped in to say something when you did the other challenge... I just felt strange and not very talkative but looking this over makes the 'make a million dollars' scenario look so pitiful. I'd love to see the type of depth you add with challenges officially supported by the game. Imagine if the rules were tracked... it'd be amazing.

Thank you Carl for your kind words. This was a little complicated to think through, but one of the best things about it is that the team really worked together on it. The various team members created Big Dreams, we all worked to verify each other's to fill any holes and make sure they all worked, and @oshizu spent more hours on Discord with me than I can even count reviewing and perfecting. It was a great team effort.

I'm really happy with the participation we're getting so quickly - several stories have been started and based on views, it looks like they are being read by quite a few viewers.

But we couldn't do any of this without you, so thank you so much for all that you do - and for making this space for us to do what we do.  :D