Author Topic: Finding rabbit hole buildings for creating new worlds  (Read 8243 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Finding rabbit hole buildings for creating new worlds
« on: January 16, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »
Yesterday, I decided to have a play with CAW to see what I could (or couldn't) do. I went to add a few rabbit hole buildings, but found that there are only a few non residential buildings actually available to place. Is that all we have to chose from (I couldn't even see the grocery store or bookstore) or am I missing something.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Finding rabbit hole buildings for creating new worlds
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 03:52:02 PM »
You have to place a lot where you would like something and then click build/buy button.  You can then choose what building you want to place there and decorate and then repeat for another lot.  I had trouble with that one too.  Good luck.  Just do not forget to change lot type to commercial so you can choose your building. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »
I went to SV, BP etc in edit town and copy them to library, and then I could place them in game mode. I'm shore they should be somewhere in CAW in game objects or something but this was easy enough for me. I also wrote down all comunity lots and their sizes here on this board, topic is Comunity lots - list.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »
OK, was reading through one of the other posts here and found the bookshop and such are actually objects, not lots. This does however bring up another question. I've placed a lot in CAW and made it a community lot then when I go to build on it, what sort of community lot do I choose? There is a small and large market, but no bookshop. Is it the placement of the bookshop item that determines what sort of action will be available when sims visit?

Norma
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:22:10 PM »
What I did when I chose a building that did not have a description in the drop down menu, was choose, "visitors only".  Then when I placed the building, I changed the name to the correct name or give it your own name.  The regular buildings that are in SV, I did not rename them, so I could still get the correct opportunities, but you can always choose another bookstore and give it another name. :)  I hope I am not confusing you more, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 07:18:38 PM »
Some rabbitholes change the lot type when they are placed in the lot, meaning you don't have to make it "bookstore" (it doesn't exist, it's just an example). Others don't even need a specific lot type, just being Commercial is good enough.
You can put as many independant rabbitholes as you wish in a lot; For example, if there were 1500x1500 lots, you could place a bookstore, a theatre, a grocery store, a hospital, a business building, a city hall, a military building, a science facility, a school, a stadium, a spa, a restaurant, a bistro, a police department and a criminal headquarters in the same lot and they would all work. You wouldn't be able to place a mausoleum, though, as it changes the lot type to graveyard.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 07:32:47 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm back from doing the groceries and ready to jump in this for a bit. Probably the best way to learn is to just mess about and test things out to see what happens. Naga, I guess your reply answers my question about rabbit holes.. so it's not the actual lot, but rather the item that triggers the option to buy books or groceries.

Norma

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:50 AM »
Experimenting and playing with is the best way, but asking never hurt neither. I couldn't find diner among special objects, but other then that, I think I found everything else.
In both SV and TB lot that have Grocery Store and Bookstore is named Plaza.

anything