Author Topic: 23 Upgrades for '23  (Read 6553 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
23 Upgrades for '23
« on: December 26, 2022, 05:44:42 AM »
23 Upgrades for '23

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The 14th Sims 4 Challenge Tournament season launches with a simple speed race -- perform 23 unique handiness upgrades across multiple worlds. Grab those wrenches. On your mark. Get set. Go!

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult Sim (any life state).
  • No additions to the household.
  • Insta-Upgrade from Nerd Brain is banned.
  • Each unique upgrade must be completed in a different neighborhood/park (parks are considered their own neighborhood).
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim has finished the 23rd unique upgrade. Plug the necessary information into sdhoey's spreadsheet. Here.

Scoring
When you complete all 23 unique upgrades, pause your game and note the week, day, and time and plug in the necessary information into sdhoey's spreadsheet to obtain your Total Time, and then post your score in this thread.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Time (minutes)
mismck2025
Vesper2046
Nandarelle2255
LenaLJ2392
SueDenim2454
sone2468
GlazeyLady2601
Tboy0022626
Teresa2630
math_chick3136
Eighty8Keys3895
Granny Lawlor4383
MarianT5095
sdhoey5145
CynKuy5591
coolsim99999995820
Metropolis Man6207
KTK106343
mariposa11279835
techiechickDNF

Offline math_chick

• Llama Wrangler
Re: 23 Upgrades for '23
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 10:02:03 PM »
Looking forward to this challenge! The "real time" it will take will allow me to participate. I haven't had as much time to devote to Sims 4 as I would like in the past year. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 02:05:06 AM »
That must be reformed, Big Dreams Colt running across the Simverse upgrading everyone's items. Definitely not the original Colt who would more likely be clogging drains and pranking loos! Lol

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 10:00:09 AM »
Do worlds with only one area count as specific neighbourhoods? They don't have neighbourhood names.

Are parks considered their own neighbourhoods (as you can't see any other lots from them) or as part of a labelled neighbourhood that's close by?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 11:01:23 AM »
Do worlds with only one area count as specific neighbourhoods? They don't have neighbourhood names.

Like Magnolia Promenade? Yes, that example would be the world and the neighborhood would be the same, so you could do one upgrade in that particular world.

Are parks considered their own neighbourhoods (as you can't see any other lots from them) or as part of a labelled neighbourhood that's close by?

That's a very good question and something I did not think about. I think it makes sense to have parks as their own area, so I will clarify the rules. Thanks, Vesper.

----

Edit:

• Each unique upgrade must be completed in a different neighborhood/park (parks are considered their own neighborhood).

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 11:30:46 PM »
So are the upgrades only handiness skill upgrades?
Cynthia

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2023, 06:45:20 AM »
So are the upgrades only handiness skill upgrades?

Hi, Cynthia. Yes, take a look at the first line underneath the screenshot. It does say handiness upgrades. Good luck with the event.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 05:05:08 AM »
Hey guys, long time, no see! :D Bet you guys thought I'd gotten sucked into another dimension or something, it's been so long since I've shown my face around here, no such luck I'm afraid, can't get rid of me that easily. :P

So I got bored of the Sims 4 and took a break for a couple of years but I'm thinking of buying a couple of packs to try out (Haven't purchased any in a long while) and well, I'm kind of looking for a quick game of something else to play in addition to my main game series I'm playing (Which I'm loving btw) so I'm thinking of maybe jumping into a tournament challenge or two.

I just want to ask about the whole upgrade something in a neighbourhood thing. So this isn't one upgrade in each world is it? Because I don't know if there even are 23 worlds and even if there is, I don't have that many and there are certain packs that I simply refuse to buy just for the world they come with. So by neighbourhoods, you mean the San Myshuno distracts and that kind of thing right? I know I'm being asking a really obvious question here but I'm just trying to remember what neighbourhoods are lol, yes it's been that long.

I can't promise I'll actually enter this one, my birthday is tomorrow and I have plans so I'll be pretty busy this week, hehe. ;D Still not even certain if I'll be entering the tournment this year at all, depends on how things go and how I feel about the Sims 4 now. But I'm considering it so I hope you guys don't mind me coming in and asking around. Anyway see ya guys around!  :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 05:49:45 AM »
Hi Team - I'm making the most of UK being at an earlier time zone to be the FOI of 2023 :)

Jet Parish finished her 23rd upgrade on the first Wednesday at 9.03am and the spreadsheet gives her total minutes as 4383.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023, 06:38:31 AM »
I just want to ask about the whole upgrade something in a neighbourhood thing. So this isn't one upgrade in each world is it? Because I don't know if there even are 23 worlds and even if there is, I don't have that many and there are certain packs that I simply refuse to buy just for the world they come with. So by neighbourhoods, you mean the San Myshuno distracts and that kind of thing right?

Rainbow! Oh, my gosh...how long has it been? I remember telling you a long time ago how much all my girls loved My Little Ponys and Rainbow Dash was one of their favorites lol. Anyways, yes, you are correct with your San Myshuno example. I found this link...
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Neighborhood
Good luck in the event and welcome back.

EDIT: Good job, Granny. I'll update the leaderboard. :) I like the screenshot.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 07:50:29 AM »
Happy New Year everyone! What a fun and quick challenge to bring in 2023.

Hedwig Handy finished her upgrades on Monday evening at 18:06 for a total time of 2046 minutes.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2023, 08:09:42 AM »
Great score, Vesper. Happy New Year. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2023, 12:14:37 PM »
Gus Wrenching is all done. He finished on Week 1, Thursday at 3:27 pm for a total of 6207 minutes. I snickered to myself as I envisioned Gus having multiple gut wrenching experiences in the public restrooms he upgraded due to horrible indigestion.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2023, 01:00:47 PM »
Happy New Year, everyone! I just looked at this page for the first time, and I'm starting to plan what I'll do to complete it --- before I go in-game at all.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2023, 02:30:39 PM »
Handy Randy completed his 23rd upgrade on the first Wednesday at 9:45 p.m., for a total of 5145 Minutes. That was fun.

anything