Author Topic: Paintings of the World  (Read 8099 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Paintings of the World
« on: December 26, 2022, 05:46:35 AM »
Paintings of the World

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Paint as many paintings of different residents and landmarks as possible before time runs out. Just add up your ten most valuable paintings for your score.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • Create 1 Young Adult Sim. Any lifestate
  • You may also create one pet for your household.
  • You may not add to the household after entering Live Mode.
  • Your Sim can only have one easel and one digitalistic sketchpad on their home lot/inventory, and all Top Ten paintings must be done via 'Paint from Reference' at the easel/tablet, allowing them to paint pictures of their surrounding (unlocks at skill level 3).
  • All Top Ten paintings must be the large size and of different Sims and different landmarks — no cats or dogs.
  • If your Sim dies, then post your score. This means keeping a running list of ALL your paintings totals. Then take the top 10 highest and add them together for your total.
  • This challenge concludes at the end of 2 weeks (Week 2, Day 7, 11:59 PM).

Scoring
When you reach Week 2, Day 7, 11:59 PM, pause your game and add up your 10 most valuable paintings and post your Top Ten score.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Top Ten
Vesper§89682
mismck§88419
LenaLJ§85615
Eighty8Keys§82148
SueDenim§79863
Rubypanda§79810
Teresa§71085
KTK10§70625
kinseyam§63784
CynKuy§57579
Granny Lawlor§56042
techiechick§55939
Metropolis Man§48560
sdhoey§44052
coolsim9999999§36563
jesslc§30939
sone§29927
mariposa1127§25243
math_chick§17767

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: Paintings of the World
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 07:24:00 AM »
"all paintings must be done via 'Paint from Reference'"

Stupid question but is this all paintings once paint from reference is unlocked or just scoring paintings?
Any rules on what/ how to paint before reaching level 3 (I.e. do all early paintings need to be large like the scoring ones)?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 07:28:27 AM »
Hi, Vesper. How's it going?

"all paintings must be done via 'Paint from Reference'"

Stupid question but is this all paintings once paint from reference is unlocked or just scoring paintings?

Just the Top Ten paintings.

Any rules on what/ how to paint before reaching level 3 (I.e. do all early paintings need to be large like the scoring ones)?

No restrictions. I'll clarify the rules.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 07:47:59 AM »
Glad to be back! Got a new PC for Xmas and it plays Sims 4 without crashing so am delighted to be able to participate again.

Thanks for your swift response. As it's been a while I may have lots of silly questions.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 10:08:16 AM »
Glad to be back! Got a new PC for Xmas and it plays Sims 4 without crashing so am delighted to be able to participate again.

Thanks for your swift response. As it's been a while I may have lots of silly questions.

No worries. Ask away. Great to see you again. I am hoping the changes the team has made for the '23 season will bring more players back (and keep the current ones).

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 04:46:03 PM »
Please look over the rule set for this event as it goes live tomorrow. Good luck! :)

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 06:25:42 PM »
"All Top Ten paintings must be the large size and of different Sims and different landmarks" - does this mean each of the ten paintings must be done on a different lot? Or could I paint more than one painting per lot as long as I was doing portraits of different Sims each time?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 07:22:28 PM »
To make sure -
the easel/sketchpad comes with me to the lot.  I paint while on the lot in question?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 07:28:42 PM »
"All Top Ten paintings must be the large size and of different Sims and different landmarks" - does this mean each of the ten paintings must be done on a different lot? Or could I paint more than one painting per lot as long as I was doing portraits of different Sims each time?

Paint as many paintings of different residents and landmarks as possible before time runs out. The title says it all, "Paintings of the World" More than one lot, one world,

To make sure -
the easel/sketchpad comes with me to the lot.  I paint while on the lot in question?

Yes, both are portable now. They go in your inventory

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 08:32:12 PM »
The title says it all, "Paintings of the World" More than one lot, one world,

Does this mean 10 different lots or just more than one?
Do you mean more than one world or within one world?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 08:45:45 PM »

There are 22 worlds in the game, and within those worlds are at least 3-4 neighborhoods. You can find all kinds of landmarks/sims etc in each of those to paint from reference. Out of all those you have painted, the ones with the Top 10 values are the ones you turn in.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2023, 08:48:33 PM »

Different worlds are not an issue. Go by this rule...

All Top Ten paintings must be the large size and of different Sims and different landmarks — no cats or dogs.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2023, 09:39:25 PM »
I guess I will have a go at this challenge.  Looks like it would be fun.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2023, 05:31:36 AM »
Sorry, I am obviously being dense. I am still unsure of what location variety is required by the rules.
 From previous answers 10 sims painted in one location is not OK.
So does each painting need to include both a different landmark and a different sim? Or would a combo work? Say, three different sims in the park, the park fountain, six other locations?

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2023, 06:41:27 AM »
Sorry, I am obviously being dense. I am still unsure of what location variety is required by the rules.
 From previous answers 10 sims painted in one location is not OK.
So does each painting need to include both a different landmark and a different sim? Or would a combo work? Say, three different sims in the park, the park fountain, six other locations?

No problem @Vesper
Each scored painting must be a unique Sim or unique Landmark. Unique Sims painted on the same lot is ok.
Hope this helps  :)

anything