Author Topic: Den of Thieves  (Read 7333 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Den of Thieves
« on: January 30, 2023, 05:42:52 AM »
Den of Thieves

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Make enemies while stealing as much as possible before time runs out. And don't forget: there's no place like gnome.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 2 Young Adult Sims (any life state).
  • You may not add to the household after entering Live Mode.
  • Move your household into its permanently furnished 'Den': Crick Cabana in Willow Creek. (No moving allowed.)
  • You may only enter Build/Buy mode to retrieve your stolen loot to place in your Den and to sell crafted items & career rewards. No crafted items or career rewards may be placed on your lot.
  • Your lot value can only be increased by stolen items.
  • Clubs are banned.
  • If both of your Sims die, your score is DNF.
  • This challenge concludes at the end of 1 Sim week (Week 2, Day 1, 8:00 AM).

Scoring
Den Value — At Week 2, Day 1, 8:00 AM, pause your game, press F2 (Build Mode) and click the Lot Info Panel at the top left of the screen to get your lot value.

GEM — Gnome/Enemy Multiplier: Start with a Gnome/Enemy Multiplier of 1.00. For every unique Gnome stolen and for every unique household Sim Enemy, add .01 to the multiplier.

Total — Multiply your Lot Value by your GEM for your Total. 

Here's an example:

Lot Value = §41,200

Your household stole 3 Unique Gnomes, and your household has 7 Unique Sim Enemies.

Gnomes + Enemies: 3 + 7 = 10

GEM: 10 x .01 = .1
Final GEM: 1.00 + .1 = 1.1

Total: §41,200 x 1.1 =  §45,320

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Den (Lot) Value     GEM       Total
Nandarelle§2574902.39§615401
Rubypanda§2350152.28§535834
GlazeyLady§2120101.73§366777
Vesper§1850101.98§366319
sone§1500881.94§291170
jesslc§2021221.43§289034
Metropolis Man§756141.27§96029
SueDenim§770781.13§87098
math_chick§494221.43§70673
Teresa§680701.03§70112
Eighty8Keys§523201.15§60168
coolsim9999999§121181.43§17328
mismck§134381.10§14781
CynKuy§87201.07§9330

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Den of Thieves
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 06:50:04 AM »
Take a final look at the rules, and ask for any clarifications you may have. You only have this weekend to practice before this event goes live on Monday. Good luck, everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 10:39:56 PM »
I'm assuming it's against the spirit of the rules to up the value of your lot with things that you can purchase in Live mode, like from Plopsy or the university kiosks? Stolen items only?

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 06:54:15 AM »
I'm assuming it's against the spirit of the rules to up the value of your lot with things that you can purchase in Live mode, like from Plopsy or the university kiosks? Stolen items only?

That is correct 👍🏼 I’ll update the rule set shortly.

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 09:21:42 AM »
Great challenge, ideal for me. :) Short sim time duration, quite simple rules * limitations, going to play Sims 4 after a very long break. Sul sul guys.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 09:30:45 AM »
My question came up in testing - when they move into the house initially, do they move in furnished, unfurnished, or bulldozed?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 01:41:02 PM »
the rules state that we should "Move your household into its permanently furnished 'Den': Crick Cabana" so I assumed that meant furnished.

They also state "You may only enter Build/Buy mode to retrieve your stolen loot to place in your Den". Presumably this means that stolen loot can only be placed if it fits? What happens if I steal another grand piano and have already filled the house and garden with them? Admittedly unlikely. OK I hadn't played in Crick Cabana for a while so thought incorrectly that it didn't have much yard space.

Also what about other items; not stolen, crafted, or career rewards? Such as date or party rewards, gifts (however unlikely), prizes etc? Leave them in inventory?

Are we allowed to buy things in live mode as long as they remain in personal inventory and aren't added to the lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 02:00:46 PM »
My question came up in testing - when they move into the house initially, do they move in furnished, unfurnished, or bulldozed?

From the rules...

Move your household into its permanently furnished 'Den': Crick Cabana in Willow Creek. (No moving allowed.)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2023, 06:13:14 PM »
another question - the multiplier counts each "unique Gnome stolen". Do they have to be unique by name or would different colours/ appearance count as unique?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2023, 06:27:24 PM »
another question - the multiplier counts each "unique Gnome stolen". Do they have to be unique by name or would different colours/ appearance count as unique?

Unless mismck says otherwise (this event is her idea) go with the name. She can tackle your other questions when she logs on.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2023, 07:23:32 PM »

From the rules...

Move your household into its permanently furnished 'Den': Crick Cabana in Willow Creek. (No moving allowed.)

That is how I was interpreting it :)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 07:50:40 PM »

Unless mismck says otherwise (this event is her idea) go with the name. She can tackle your other questions when she logs on.

I agree with Metro: Unique Name

They also state "You may only enter Build/Buy mode to retrieve your stolen loot to place in your Den". Presumably this means that stolen loot can only be placed if it fits? What happens if I steal another grand piano and have already filled the house and garden with them? Admittedly unlikely.

Also what about other items; not stolen, crafted, or career rewards? Such as date or party rewards, gifts (however unlikely), prizes etc? Leave them in inventory?

Are we allowed to buy things in live mode as long as they remain in personal inventory and aren't added to the lot?

I’m really hoping we don’t run out of room for our stolen loot… Rearrange furniture if necessary to make it all fit.

Since items in personal inventory and household inventory do not contribute to the Lot Value, any item in your possession that you did not steal must either be sold or kept in inventory. (Rule updated)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2023, 11:02:41 AM »
The ending time did not coincide with one whole Sim week. Now it does...

• This challenge concludes at the end of 1 Sim week (Week 2, Day 1, 8:00 AM).

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2023, 04:47:51 AM »
I meant to get these questions in last night but I forgot, sorry. I won't get to start until later in the week though anyway

If I have my two sims travel to the same community lot at the same time the game automatically puts the two of them into a group. I can't seem to stop it. Is that alright if I disband the group immediately or do I have to make sure my sims only ever travel to other lots separately? (Bringing the other sim to them doesn't seem to result in a group). I'm not sure if this also happens with residential lots, I forgot to check.

Going on a date also result in the game creating an automatic group for the two sims who are on the date. Is this allowed?

I just want to double check I have this right:
- We're allowed to move the existing furniture around. Such as shove the beds up against the walls to make more space for loot, etc
- We're not allowed to do anything else with build/buy mode except get our stolen loot out of the inventory and sell crafted/career items. Changing the existing house, buying/selling any furniture or household items, that's all off limits
- Is adding lot traits off limits too?

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2023, 12:09:17 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding @jesslc  - the team needed to pow-wow and I had to go to work.

I meant to get these questions in last night but I forgot, sorry. I won't get to start until later in the week though anyway

If I have my two sims travel to the same community lot at the same time the game automatically puts the two of them into a group. I can't seem to stop it. Is that alright if I disband the group immediately or do I have to make sure my sims only ever travel to other lots separately? (Bringing the other sim to them doesn't seem to result in a group). I'm not sure if this also happens with residential lots, I forgot to check.

Going on a date also result in the game creating an automatic group for the two sims who are on the date. Is this allowed?

Groups are fine - we see no strategy exploits with groups. If someone knows of an exploit with Groups, please let us know. Clubs are still banned for this event. I am adjusting the rules now.

I just want to double check I have this right:
- We're allowed to move the existing furniture around. Such as shove the beds up against the walls to make more space for loot, etc

Correct - if you need to make room for loot, you can move existing furniture.

- We're not allowed to do anything else with build/buy mode except get our stolen loot out of the inventory and sell crafted/career items. Changing the existing house, buying/selling any furniture or household items, that's all off limits

Correct

- Is adding lot traits off limits too?

No