Author Topic: Valentine's Day Fever  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Valentine's Day Fever
« on: January 30, 2023, 05:44:28 AM »
Valentine's Day Fever

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Valentine's Day fever has spread throughout the Sims worlds -- pair up and marry 23 couples in 23 unique households as quickly as possible!

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 2 Sims (any life state; any age).
  • Neighborhood Stories must be turned off.
  • The two initial Sims must begin as roommates.
  • Household Management screen is allowed when switching to the next household.
  • Quickly pair up and marry the initial Sims.  They can have a wedding party, or they can elope.
  • Each couple must live in a different and unique household.
  • The couple does not have to live together before the wedding, but they must live together afterward.
  • Each couple married through the challenge must live in a different house - 23 couples, 23 houses
  • This challenge concludes when the 23rd wedding has been completed. Plug the necessary information into sdhoey's spreadsheet. Here.

Scoring
When you complete all 23 weddings, pause your game and note the week, day, and time and plug in the necessary information into sdhoey's spreadsheet to obtain your Total Time, and then post your score in this thread.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Time (minutes)
mismck2538
sone2945
Nandarelle3898
Vesper3981
Teresa4249
SueDenim7022
GlazeyLady10066
Metropolis Man13035
Eighty8Keys14119
math_chick17223
CynKuyDNF
LenaLJDNF

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: Valentine's Day Fever
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 03:47:26 PM »
Do the initial pair of Sims need to marry each other or can they marry others?

Any restrictions on moving Sims between households i.e. do they need to be married to move?

Does a couple need to move in with each other immediately after marrying or can it be done later via household management? Or is using household management limited only to moving play to another household after marrying a couple?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 04:33:49 PM »

This one is covered in the rules...

• Quickly pair up and marry the initial Sims.  They can have a wedding party, or they can elope.

I will let Teresa address your other questions.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 05:52:44 PM »

Any restrictions on moving Sims between households i.e. do they need to be married to move?

Does a couple need to move in with each other immediately after marrying or can it be done later via household management? Or is using household management limited only to moving play to another household after marrying a couple?

Yes, the initial couple marries each other.

The only sims that should be moving are the couple getting married, and they will either already live in the same house or they will move in with each other immediately upon marrying.  No one can move into or out of a house unless they are getting married, and only at the time they get married.

Household Management is only use to change from the active household that just got married to the next one, but not to move sims around.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.  :)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 02:51:11 AM »
When "moving to the next household", is that to an existing townie household or can we create another couple like the initial pair?
I was assuming it had to be townies but I just wanted to double-check.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 06:23:05 AM »
When "moving to the next household", is that to an existing townie household or can we create another couple like the initial pair?
I was assuming it had to be townies but I just wanted to double-check.

CAS is for your initial pair only.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 05:45:24 PM »
Thanks for responding to all my questions.

Just a note on Metro's response, the phrasing of the rules "Quickly pair up and marry the initial Sims" doesn't actually specify that they need to be paired and married to each other, only implies it. I thought you might have deliberately written it ambiguously to offer alternative strategy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 06:12:44 PM »
Thanks for responding to all my questions.

Just a note on Metro's response, the phrasing of the rules "Quickly pair up and marry the initial Sims" doesn't actually specify that they need to be paired and married to each other, only implies it. I thought you might have deliberately written it ambiguously to offer alternative strategy.

Really? Now this is just me, but when I read "quickly pair up and marry the initial Sims" I do not read that as optional/ambiguous. There is no rule stating marriage is optional.

EDIT: Oh...wait. You are asking specifically about whether the initial two Sims must marry each other vs. other townies. I am assuming it is to each other unless Teresa states otherwise.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 06:38:51 PM »
ah yes. Sorry. The getting married wasn't ambiguous but to whom was. Teresa has cleared it up and now it's certain that the initial couple are meant to marry each other.

Offline math_chick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2023, 11:07:52 PM »
Just to make sure I understand, in the 2nd (and subsequent) households:
-one member of the new couple must be from my new chosen household
-can there be other members in the new household other than my couple, as long as the couple moves to their own home after getting married?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2023, 08:02:59 AM »
Just to make sure I understand, in the 2nd (and subsequent) households:
-one member of the new couple must be from my new chosen household
**Yes, this is correct

-can there be other members in the new household other than my couple, as long as the couple moves to their own home after getting married?
**Yes, there can be other members in the household as long as the newly married couple are together.

To clarify, the new couple doesn't have to move, as long as they are in a unique house from the previous couples.  The only "move" is when you change to a new household and then if the partner has to move in after the wedding. 

So, example:
Bill and Mary are your starting couple and get married.
Then you switch to the BFF household.  Liberty and Travis get married.  They can stay in the house because it is unique.
Then you switch to the Partihaus household.  Marcus wants to marry Summer.  Summer would have to move in with Marcus for the unique household.

Edit to clarify, the married couple needs to remain in the current house.  Single sims from previous households are fair game, but no one should be moving into an empty house.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2023, 09:24:09 PM »
I ended up with an extra day off, and decided to play matchmaker. It was also the first time I got the 'Serial Monogamist' achievement in game. Neat.
The total time from starting with Angelica&Elliot Bright until the 23rd marriage concluded was 2,945 Minutes.
(Week one, Day 3[Tuesday] 9:05am)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 08:03:13 PM »
I'm happy to say that I met my personal goal of seeing 23 Sim couples married within 1 Sim week. Finish time was the second Sunday, 7:46 am. Spreadsheet says, 10,066 minutes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2023, 09:19:08 AM »
I guess I am not much of a matchmaker. I finished up at Week 2, Tuesday at 9:15 am.

Thanks, Teresa, for putting this one together. :)

Let's see some more scores, everyone. This one wraps up in just two days.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2023, 03:24:14 PM »
I finished up Week 1 on Wednesday at 6:49am.  Total time is 4249 minutes.