Author Topic: Seeking the Crowning Achievement  (Read 8548 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Seeking the Crowning Achievement
« on: June 26, 2023, 06:13:44 AM »
Seeking the Crowning Achievement

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

C'mon, admit it. You're a gamer, and you love achievements. Our eyes glaze over when those numbers get big. So, feed the addiction and dive into this challenge.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult Sim (any life state).
  • Additions to the household and moving the household may only happen in Live Mode - no using the Household Management screen.
  • This challenge concludes at the end of 2 Sim weeks (Week 3, Day 1, 8:00 AM).

Scoring

Total Points: Spreadsheets, begone! This one is pretty simple. At Week 3 Day 1, 8:00 AM, pause your game, and go to the Options menu, then click Achievements. Write down the Total Points number at the top right of the Achievements pop up. That's it.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Points
Vesper2895
Elinoee2140
sone1890
Eighty8Keys1850
Nandarelle1400
Metropolis Man990
Teresa780

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Seeking the Crowning Achievement
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 08:02:36 AM »
Rarely does the team not field a single question/clarification before an event starts, but that happened with this event. Admittedly it is a pretty simple challenge. But I just wanted to remind everyone that this closes Sunday night.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 11:05:18 PM »
I'm trying this challenge, but my game is not keeping the proper score of my points.  It must be a glitch with my game. Argh!

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2023, 09:46:21 AM »
I’m having the same problem. Some achievements are not being counted as completed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 10:12:35 AM »
I'm trying this challenge, but my game is not keeping the proper score of my points.  It must be a glitch with my game. Argh!

I’m having the same problem. Some achievements are not being counted as completed.

The team is trusting. We've always worked on the honor system, so if you did whatever is necessary to complete an achievement, then go ahead and score it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 10:15:05 AM »
My biggest achievement in this achievement challenge is that I get to be first until Vesper and others decide to post their scores. Lol. But it was fun nonetheless. I could not even match my score in the last achievement challenge -- too many games to juggle.

Total points -- 990.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023, 12:06:28 PM »
Hi there!

It was sure a simple challenge but not so easy to finish within 6 days  :D

I finally got 2140 points

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2023, 01:21:52 PM »
Penelope Hills' final score is 780 points. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2023, 05:58:17 PM »
I got 1400 achievement points.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2023, 06:48:20 PM »
this was not a quick one. Chaotic fun. Made a massive mistake which made a couple of achievements much more difficult but that's why they call it a challenge.

Final score 2745 officially but 150 points worth of achievements didn't register so 2895 if possible.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2023, 08:26:37 PM »
I agree, this was not a quick one. Lots of pausing the game. I ended up with a total of 1850 achievement points (of which 250 did not register). I really enjoyed this.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 02:53:41 AM »
Right down to the wire on this one for me; and holy heck did the lag get bad towards the end. Tons of fun though, I had sort of forgotten achievements were a thing in Sims as it doesn't have any origin points (or whatever the new apps equivalent is).

Final score was 1,890.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2023, 06:37:55 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Congrats to Vesper on another win. Thanks to all participants. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2023, 09:23:20 AM »
busy with work at the moment so will post full strategy later, until then...

Previous challenges were crucial to strategy for this one! There are some really good scores in there that don't benefit from some of the more recent packs.

My main mistake: Having everyone drink three Beetle Juices did NOT work to get the eight ghosts in a household achievement - it only works for people who have died and returned as ghosts apparently. Plus I had also somehow forgotten it was permanent so spent several sim days playing slow and unkillable ghosts. Though it was quite amusing at times.

My starter Sim Archie V. Ment died of laughter day two or three. No jokes were told, he was just harvesting behind the BFF house and introduced himself to a stranger who was apparently so delightful it made him hysterical. He couldn't get home to a mirror in time, and husband Vlad couldn't convince Grim to spare him, but luckily his son Wonder could take on the mantel.

Would love to hear what achievements wouldn't register for others and if anyone got the eight ghosts one.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2023, 02:05:04 PM »
Prioritised achievements that would give most points per time/ effort spent. Used all the good strategies from previous versions of this challenge including from Nikitachi in Calling All High Achievers, GlazeyLady and Tuija in 2019’s Mid-Season Major, and LenaLJ in That's Quite an Achievement! and others.

Top tips: micro home for friendship and skills, wishing well for promotions (though it is so variable), move in rich sims then murder them, once wealthy add columns, windows etc to fulfils Mansion Baron so that everyone joining household can get loads of satisfaction points right away, Legacy Leader can be achieved with 10 generations of one family if they move to 10 different locations (theoretically).

Alphabet legacy was very grindy and I knew that it would be a challenge but it was worth it with points. Made it worse for myself by committing to a naming scheme of words that ended in -ment because that’s their surname and coming up with 28 was tricky (poor generation 17 whose name should not be shared).

What I learnt about ghosts – I can barely tell them apart, they feel the need to be close to dying sims even when you have locked those sims in a room to murder them, they can’t be killed though so weeping/ mourning while standing in fire is fine, they can break showers (see I’ll get around to it!)

Details below, have named when I moved in a sim for that specific skill/ career, let me know if anything is unclear.

Achievements gained
50-mile-high Club – woohoo in rocketship – 10
All Nighter – have a Sim stay awake for 24 hours - 25
Alphabet Legacy – play a household for 26 generations+ - 100 – adopt child age up twice then they adopt and so forth. When house is getting full move out Sims to different lots for Legacy Leader
Are You Entertained? – max Entertainer career – 50 – Baako Jang
Beyond Repairs – max Handiness skill – 50
Black Widow – have a Sim outlive five spouses – 25 didn’t register Dominic Fyres’ death by fire (lol the irony) for achievements
Bow-dacious – max violin skill - 50
Captain of Industry – max Business career – 50 – Lily Feng
Cast Away – max fishing skill – 50
Code Monk – max programming skill – 50
Connoisseurus Rex – max gourmet cooking – 50 – Raj Rasoya
Elementary – max logic – 50
Event Horizon – earn silver or higher on five different social events – 25 – date, dinner party, incognito costume party, keg party, house party
Fired up – max fitness skill – 50
Flying colors – max painter career – 50 – Anaya Yang
Full House – eight-sim household – 10
Games within Games – max video gaming skill – 50
Ghostly – have a ghost join your household – 25 – oddly the first ghost joiner wasn’t Archie V. The ghost of Kado Akiyama rolled up saying he thought someone was swell and wanted to be their best friend so he was invited to join household right away.
Green Thumb – max gardening skill – 50 – Moira Fyres
Harvested Interest – harvest from 50 wild plants – 25 – started in spring and then reverted to spring again the next week with an upgraded Dr. June's Weather Control Device. Lived in Foundry Cove in Willow Creek which has plenty of snapdragons, bluebells, mushrooms, and a strawberry plant
Hello, Darkness, My Old Chum – befriend the Grim Reaper – 25
Host with the most – host 50 bronze or better social events – 100 – lots of dates for Soulmate plus the parties for Event Horizon and The Main Event
I’ll get around to it! – have 10 broken objects on Sim’s lot – 10 – just kept broken stuff rather than replacing. Then, once I ghostified everyone, I found out that they can “possess to break” showers which sped it up.
I’m the Mix Master – mix 100 drinks – 25 – done while skilling mixologist and making the tons of Beetle Juice I didn’t need
It’s not brain surgery – max rocket science skill – 50
Ivory tower – max piano skill – 50
Just getting started – play sims 4 for five hours – 25
Knock, Knock… - visit 25 different lots – 50
Legacy Leader – have 10 households that have been played for 10 generations or more – 100 – learned from previous challenge that this didn’t need to be separate lines. Didn’t register for me and was at 9/10 even when I had 14 different households with sims from the alphabet legacy achievement
Legacy Player – play a household for 10 generations or more – 100 – see alphabet legacy
Literal Genius – max writing skill – max writing skill – 50 – Geeta Rasoya
Mischief Mastered – max mischief skill – 50
My, You’ve Changed! – have a Sim become both max thin and fat – 25 – used potions
Natures Course – max herbalism skill – 50 – books then skill classes (thanks Nandarelle for the tip from the skilling challenge)
No excuse – have a sim’s bladder fail on a lot with five or more toilets – 10 – this made me laugh so hard. Just forgot to tend to Wonder’s needs so quickly locked him out of the house and bought more toilets. He also asked Jacques Villareal on a date for So… I’ll Call You? Which is a relationship I hadn’t planned but it worked out well (for Wonder – once Jacques got his promotion he was Black Widow victim #2)
Older & Wiser – have a sim age up – 10
On a whim – have a Sim complete 10 Wants at a single social event – 25 – Raj only really got whims to listen to a type of music or cook a meal so he was used for this
Over-Achiever – have a sim complete 5 aspirations – 100 – Wonder completed Mansion Baron, Fabulously Wealthy, Nerd Brain, Soulmate, Friend of the World
Picture Perfect – max photography skill – 50 – done while working on the Simstagram achievements
Piece of Cake – max baking skill – 50 – Raj while waiting for promotions
Polar bear club – have a sim go for a swim while the weather is freezing – 25 – first time I’ve achieved this! Once I was done with the spring harvesting I used Dr June’s machine to make it winter and to snow then made some sims swim laps in the pool as you can't do any other kind of swimming when it's freezing. This was also used for the last few murders for Vengeful Deity
Problem child – max mischief skill as a teen – 25
Refined Palette – max painting skill – 50 – Anaya Yang
Rosebud – gain 1,000,000 simoleons in a single household – 100 – moved in rich households mainly, for variety had the club go on klepto outings to the Goth’s, the Pleasants’, and the Landgraab’s
Simstagram celebrity – gain 1500 simstagram followers – 50 – didn’t register until had over 2500 so think it’s a typo
Simstagram influencer – gain 250 simstagram followers – 25
Simstagram starter – gain 25 simstagram followers – 20
Smooth talker – max charisma skill – 50
So… I’ll call you? – have a sim bladder fail while on a date – 10 – see No excuse
Splice of Life – unlock a new plant type through grafting – 25
Stellar work – max astronaut career – 50 – Wonder the MVP
Straight for the jocular – max comedy skill – 50 – Diego Lobo
Suave Criminal – max criminal career – 50 – Jacque Villareal. This took so long I had a life potion on hand. In the end the wishing well didn’t do it but old fashioned going to work
Tender loving – max mixology skill – 50 – moved in Sara Scott for this as she’s already maxed but it didn’t register so skilled up Jacques
The Main Event – earn gold rating on five different social events – 100 - date, dinner party, incognito costume party, keg party, house party
The most interesting sim in the world – have a sim with 12 or more traits – 50
Tungsten chef – max cooking skill – 50 – Raj Rasoya
Up a notch – max culinary career – 50 – Raj Rasoya
Vengeful Deity – kill off 10 of your sims via unnatural causes – 25 – didn’t register so killed an extra just in case but stuck at 9/10. Deaths were by fire (started by Gemma Charm using inferniate in a locked room), steam, and freezing to death (swimming laps in the pool)
View all Myshuno Meadows’ Sculptures – 25
View to a Skill – max all (base game) skills – 100
What would it be like? – woohoo with a ghost – 10 – starter sim Archie V. married Vlad with the plan to murder him with sunlight for black widow but he died instead. Vlad was waiting for him to return
Whimsical – complete 100 whims across all sims – 50 – gave everyone likes in several of the same music types which often gave them whims to listen to that type of music

Notable not achieved
‘Til Death Do Us Part – have a sim die at their own wedding – 100 - I think the wedding expansion has made people immortal during weddings. Lilith Vatore was happily fishing with low needs and no smoking. Later it took less than half the time for her to die of sunlight. I should have tried again though
Ghost Family – have family of eight playable ghosts – 100 – see post above. Attempted a terrible strategy for this but learnt about playing with ghosts
I, Spy – max secret agent career – 50 – Bjorn Bjergsen was level eight. Planned to use Geoffrey Landgraab but he died very early on so couldn’t move him in
In the Game – play the sims 4 for 24 hours – 50 – so close at 20 hours
Startup Upstart – max tech guru career – 50 – Vlad was level eight
Super Best Friends – make 20 BFFs with non-player sims – 50 - was close at 16/20 but was so busy at the end this got dropped
You Reek A – Make a scientific breakthrough while taking a shower – 10 – don’t think I’ve ever not got this before when playing someone in the science career. Strange