Author Topic: Feeling Perky?  (Read 3420 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Feeling Perky?
« on: June 26, 2023, 06:17:34 AM »
Feeling Perky?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Fame perks. Retail perks. Spellcaster perks. Restaurant perks. Club perks. So many perks to choose from! Well, choose you must because each of your three Sims must only pursue one type of perk, so get your brain percolating and choose wisely.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 3 Young Adult Sims (Vampires and Werewolves not allowed).
  • No additions to the household.
  • All perks are available to your Sims, but each Sim may only purchase one type of perk, and each Sim's perks must be unique to that Sim.
  • This challenge concludes at the end of 2 Sim weeks (Week 3, Day 1, 8:00 AM).

Scoring
At Week 3, Day 1, 8:00 AM, pause your game, and note all the different types of perks purchased by your 3 Sims. Remember, each Sim can only purchase one type of perk (retail, Spellcaster, restaurant, etc.).

Sim 1: the total number of unique perks purchased by Sim 1.

Sim 2: the total number of unique perks purchased by Sim 2.

Sim 3: the total number of unique perks purchased by Sim 3.

Total: Add all perks purchased by your 3 Sims to obtain your Total.

Here's an example:
Sim 1 chooses to go the retail route and purchases five different retail perks.

Sim 2 is a Spellcaster and purchases ten different Spellcaster perks.

Sims 3 opts for clubs and purchases nine different club perks.

Total = 5 + 10 + 9 = 24.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced the Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Sim 1     Sim 2     Sim 3          Total
sone241078112
Elinoee241375112
Teresa691024103
Metropolis Man15105580
Eighty8Keys752077
jesslc1556071
mismck535058
Nandarelle11112547

Offline jesslc

• Townie
Re: Feeling Perky?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 08:55:02 AM »
Are our sims allowed to help each other with earning perk points?
Eg. if Sim A is doing club perks, are Sim B and C allowed to be in Sim A's club so long as they never purchase club perks? Or similarly, if Sim 1 is doing retail perks, does she have to run the retail store entirely on her own or can Sim 2 and 3 ring up customers and/or restock items sometimes so long as Sim 1 is the only one to buy retail perks?

Perks that can be bought more than once presumably only count the first time they're purchased...? Or can we buy them multiple times?

Counting club perks:
- do the default club perks count? It seems like they are counted by the game in the "active club perks" number listed in the top left of the perks screen but our Sim didn't actually "purchase" them and they don't cost points...?
- In the club status and club handshake  categories only 1 perk can be active at a time in each of these categories but can we count the other ones if we bought them at some point during the challenge?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 09:09:49 AM »
Are our sims allowed to help each other with earning perk points?
Eg. if Sim A is doing club perks, are Sim B and C allowed to be in Sim A's club so long as they never purchase club perks? Or similarly, if Sim 1 is doing retail perks, does she have to run the retail store entirely on her own or can Sim 2 and 3 ring up customers and/or restock items sometimes so long as Sim 1 is the only one to buy retail perks?

Other Sims helping is fine. The only restriction is that each Sim can only purchase one type of perk.

Perks that can be bought more than once presumably only count the first time they're purchased...? Or can we buy them multiple times?

Those you would count once.

Counting club perks:
- do the default club perks count? It seems like they are counted by the game in the "active club perks" number listed in the top left of the perks screen but our Sim didn't actually "purchase" them and they don't cost points...?

Just count perks that your club Sim actually purchases since that is how the scoring description is set up.

- In the club status and club handshake  categories only 1 perk can be active at a time in each of these categories but can we count the other ones if we bought them at some point during the challenge?

Absolutely you can count them. Good question, and good luck @jesslc.

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 02:28:57 PM »

Hi - good luck all, are Vampire perks available?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 02:45:18 PM »

Hi - good luck all, are Vampire perks available?

Hi, @Noyo -- all perks are available, so go Castlevania on townies if you want. ;)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 06:51:46 PM »
Vampires have powers rather than perks - should they count for a perk-specific challenge?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023, 07:00:45 PM »
Vampires have powers rather than perks - should they count for a perk-specific challenge?

Thank you for clarifying that. I was looking at Carl's Vampire guide, and the table of powers looks exactly like perks. I will edit the rules.

--------------

• In CAS (no Story Mode), create 3 Young Adult Sims (Vampires not allowed).

@Noyo -- I am tagging you so you see the rule change. It's weird why the devs did not have naming consistency with Vampire powers and call them perks just as they did with Spellcasters.

@Noyo -- if you start the challenge with a Vampire before seeing this rule change, no worries. Please start over without a vampire. Sorry for this late rule change, but thanks, Vesper.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 12:34:23 PM »

i asked this because on the game, Vampire abilities are named as "powers". Ok, ty, not started yet, i will go with no vampires ten, good luck all.  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 12:35:37 PM »

i asked this because on the game, Vampire abilities are named as "powers". Ok, ty, not started yet, i will go with no vampires ten, good luck all.  :)

I know. Makes me want to go "grrrrrrrr." Lol. Everything should have the same name, right? ;)

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 04:51:08 PM »
Hi,

what about werewolves? Their perks are named "abilities" in game so I guess they're not ok, so as the vampires?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 04:59:04 PM »
Hi,

what about werewolves? Their perks are named "abilities" in game so I guess they're not ok, so as the vampires?

Correct. We need to be consistent. Hindsight is 20/20, right? We could have called it Perks, Powers, and Abilities and then everything would have had a green light. :)

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 05:18:02 PM »
OK, thanks  ;)

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2023, 02:06:59 AM »
Well, that was a fun little marathon ^-^

Aleah purchased 24 perks, Naomi purchased 10 and Demarcus purchased 78 for a grand total of 112.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2023, 07:26:54 AM »
Perk up your ears and listen (okay, that was an awful pun) -- this challenge ends Sunday night.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2023, 04:43:36 PM »
I ended up with the same score as @sone !

Sim 1: 24 perks
Sim 2: 13 perks
Sim 3: 75 perks

= 112