Author Topic: Townie Skill-a-Thon II  (Read 847 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Townie Skill-a-Thon II
« on: March 25, 2024, 06:53:38 AM »
Townie Skill-a-Thon II

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The first Townie Skill-a-Thon was four years ago and saw significant participation, so it's time to put a fresh coat of paint on that event. You'll only have one week of in-game time to play, so we're knocking out many of the original restrictions. Time to get your skills on!

Challenge Rules

• Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS, create a Sim.
  • Once in Live mode, wave goodbye to your Sim. Choose Options > Manage Worlds and choose a townie household to play.
  • No changing lot types or lot traits.
  • Natural births and adoptions are the only allowed household additions.
  • Play townie households as long as you wish, but you cannot select a new townie household until one household member has a maxed skill (all skills qualify).
  • You may not play a townie household more than once.
  • The challenge ends on Week 2, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Scoring

Total Household Skill Levels: Receive 1 point for each skill level of all Sims in all households played. Before moving to a new household, bring up the skill tab for each household member and mark down the skill levels for all their skills. If a young child ages up, note the skill levels of their prior life stage (assuming the skill in question does not continue to the next life stage).

Scoring Example: You will undoubtedly play more than two townie households, but we will keep things brief for this example. After you say goodbye to your original Sim, you play the Pancakes household. Bob ends up with Cooking (6), Mixology (9), and Video Gaming (10). Eliza finishes at Fitness (7). Pancakes - 32.

Since Bob maxed a skill, you're eligible to move, and you dive into the BFF household. You remain in the BFF household for the remainder of the challenge, with Travis getting Programming (10) and Video Gaming (10). Liberty attained Logic (10), and Summer had Cooking (10), Mixology (7), and Video Gaming (10). BFF - 57.

Total Household Skill Levels: 32 + 57 = 89

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their efforts.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced on Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event Starts April 8
This Event Ends April 21

Player                            Total Household Skill Levels     
sone3448
Elinoee2898
LenaLJ2057
Eighty8Keys1122
mismck911
Rebelangel747
Deklitch689
Metropolis Man591
junegem557
Nandarelle441

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon II <Challenge Starts Soon>
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 11:12:44 AM »
This challenge goes live tomorrow (Monday), so please get any questions answered before you start.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon II <Challenge Starts Soon>
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 05:54:17 PM »
Changed the wording at the end of this rule...

• Play townie households as long as you wish, but you cannot select a new townie household until one household member has maxed a skill (all skills qualify).

To this...

• Play townie households as long as you wish, but you cannot select a new townie household until one household member has a maxed skill (all skills qualify).

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon II <Live Challenge -- Jump in!>
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 03:16:02 AM »
Thank you for the update on the wording, Metropolis Man. I am diving in first, as I have a few commitments over this week and would probably not complete otherwise.

I visited 8 different townie lots and they managed to amass 557 points between them overall. 

I am sure you will all produce much higher scores, but hopefully I will encourage others to take part, as they will beat me.🤣 Interesting visiting places I have never explored before. Another great challenge from the team. Thank you. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 07:27:00 PM »
Not my score, but I did have a bit of fun (too much fun - considering she gets placed and then farewelled by the manage worlds screen) creating my starting sim and I wanted to show the results.

She was inspired by Viv the retired orc barbarian and proprietor/protagonist of Legends and Lattes. But Just A Placeholder is the alternate universe version, if she became a mage and not a barbarian.

Anyway ... I hope that she encourages more scores.  8)

(I do have her side profiles as well - that's not a threat, that's a promise)  :o

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 09:45:47 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so post your scores soon. Just a reminder: this is one of those events where if you run out of time, that's fine. It's not a DNF. Post your score with whatever you were able to do.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 09:56:44 AM »
At 11:50pm on the 21st of April, My sims reached 8am on Sunday of week 2. All up, the Townies managed to do 689 points of skillage.

As promised earlier, the side profile of Just A Placeholder for your viewing pleasure ... (and no, you don't have to thank me for it)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 11:04:59 AM »
All done. My townies racked up 591 skill points. @Deklitch -- I'm not sure viewing "pleasure" is how I would describe my feelings of Just A Placeholder. I do not know if even eye drops will help. I'll have to sleep that image out of my head.

Offline Rebelangel

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 01:37:33 PM »
Just a partial play-through for me this week, but the townies racked up a total of 747 skill points.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2024, 03:33:47 PM »
A partial play-through for me as well - my townies brought in 441 points.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2024, 03:47:05 PM »
To bad to see so many partial playthroughs, and me also adding to the list.

My townies racked up a total of 2057 skill points.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2024, 06:07:22 PM »
Finally managed to play it til the end but I'm not surprised to see some partial scores : this one took a long time to play.

My households finally got 2898 points.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2024, 07:34:28 PM »
I ran out of time with 15 sim hours left, which is disappointing because I was really enjoying this.

My households ended up with 1122 points.

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2024, 09:01:12 PM »
Made it about halfway through the Sim week, but I gotta go to sleep.
Ended up with 911 points.

Offline sone

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2024, 10:58:06 PM »
I somehow managed to finish the sim-week. Total was 3,448.

anything