Author Topic: Can I use my Sims 3 discs on multiple computers?  (Read 13032 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Can I use my Sims 3 discs on multiple computers?
« on: January 23, 2011, 05:08:16 AM »
My disc drive has completely died (even though I got it less than two months ago). I plan to replace it, but it may take a bit of time.

I was wondering if it's possible to load the Sims 3 on multiple computers with just one serial code?
If this is possible, will the saved games of one computer be available on the other, or will it just be a clean slate?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Can I use my Sims 3 discs on multiple computers?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:30:21 AM »
My disc drive has completely died (even though I got it less than two months ago). I plan to replace it, but it may take a bit of time.

I was wondering if it's possible to load the Sims 3 on multiple computers with just one serial code?
If this is possible, will the saved games of one computer be available on the other, or will it just be a clean slate?

Thanks in advance for any help.

As long as you still have your code for installation, you'll be able to install your game on a different computer.  Unless you have your save files saved someplace safe, you will lose them.  If your computer was still operational, you could copy the save files, but from what I understand in your post, your drive is not functioning at all.  Your game will be as it was when you first installed it.  You'll also have to re-download all of your items from the Sims 3 Store that you've purchased.

You can use this thread to ask whatever questions come up as you get your game installed on a different computer.  We'll be glad to help. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: Can I use my Sims 3 discs on multiple computers?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:08:12 AM »
Thanks for that Pam.
My computer is working fine, it's just not reading discs.
However, I've found a solution - I made a deal with my little brother. I'd sell his games on e-bay and he'd give me his disc drive  ;D