Author Topic: To summon a mummy... and to cure it  (Read 79384 times)

Offline aws_137

• Townie
Re: To summon a mummy... and to cure it
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »
Having one of my wierd though moments.

'How does a Mummy have a bath?  :o'

Mummies never undress or change, if that's what you're thinking. They bathe with their... uhhh... bandages on and end up soaking wet.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »
Mummies never undress or change, if that's what you're thinking.
Does anyone know if mummies can change their clothes (they come in different colours ::)) after they've been created? I've done some testing and you can get different colours on their clothes if you reload to the time before the mummy was created; but when the mummy has been created, I can't find any way for him/her to change to another colour. I've attempted several techniques, but has anyone succeeded in doing so?
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2010, 05:05:44 PM »
The only mummy I've had loved to dance too, are they all like that?  Any time I didn't have him doing anything specific he'd be at the stereo.  Kinda sad that they don't "walk like an Egyptian".  lol

My mummy had the charismatic trait and he really wanted to be Leader of the Free World, which I soon learned was pretty much impossible because anyone that met him was disgusted.  VERY hard to make friends when you're undead I guess. 

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2010, 05:13:26 PM »
My mummy had the charismatic trait and he really wanted to be Leader of the Free World, which I soon learned was pretty much impossible because anyone that met him was disgusted.  VERY hard to make friends when you're undead I guess. 
They only get the 'mummy!' interaction once in a while (I think per reload of the save game). This forcibly cancels your interaction queue, but when the other sims have looked disgusted once, they start behaving normally again and you can interact with them. So all you need to do is tell your mummy to do the interaction again!
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2010, 02:54:46 AM »
When I found a mummy in a tomb, I played a game with it, I made my sim walk a few paces, stop, walk on a bit. He wasn't bothered about the mummy because he was brave. He was Mikey Character the Sim to the left and founder of my Legacy so I didn't want him to die of mumminess!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2010, 02:22:33 PM »
Yeah, I know Swede, but it was annoying enough that I changed his lifetime wish to something easier.  :)

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2010, 07:34:48 PM »
My experience with mummies and canopic jars is that you need to have full canopic jars collection (not just any five canopic jars) in your sim's inventory for them to be able to summon a mummy. First time I tried summoning a mummy I tried to place the canopic jars inside the coffin but they won't go there. Then I realised they just work ok when they are in inventory. You don't lose the collection if the summoning fails, the collection simply gets stuck to your sims inventory. Going to vacation (and maybe returning back home) seems to un-stuck the collection and you get to try summoning again. If the summoning succeeds you lose the collection.

I agree mummies are slow and that Mummy! reaction and items dropping from queue is annoying. My mummy writes and gardens, he's a computer whiz  ::) so he doesn't much object writing. He uses moodlet manager to wipe away that soaked moodlet or to clean himself if he's dirty enough. He doesn't cook because other members of the family does it but if he'd need to do that I'd consider upgrading the stove fireproof instead of improved meal quality.

Little out of topic but I've found out that making friends for my sims is way easy if they

*study one skill point in charisma,
*have Attractive lifetime reward and
*say hello to 25 sims (to do one of the charisma skill challenges called celebrity sim).

Sims they say hello can be anyone like neighbor kid, newspaper deliverer or mail carrier or random sim at Central Park. Once they have done all this every new sim they meet becomes an instant friend. Need to try if this works for mummies too so that they can become leaders of the free world.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »
You don't lose the collection if the summoning fails, the collection simply gets stuck to your sims inventory. Going to vacation (and maybe returning back home) seems to un-stuck the collection and you get to try summoning again. If the summoning succeeds you lose the collection.

The success or failure of summoning can be known immediately? ???
I tried summoning once, but still no response after a few days. Does that mean the summoning has failed?
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »
Apparently. Too bad. :-\

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »
Mummies can be annoyingly slow, but they do make good self-employees. For example, they can write all night, eat, write all day, eat, shower and write all night again, and other than this, they just need to talk on phone with someone once in a while and keep themselves not-too-stressed. Easy and money rolls in and your other sims can do what they want, without ever seeing the mummy if it's/his/her room has no door.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
Even though two of the motive bars are "wrapped" in bandages, my mummy still needs to use the toilet and sleep. hmm.

A neat though pricey alternative to mummy bathing in water (and thus getting soaked) is the Shower in a Can that can be purchased abroad. I buy a bunch when I travel and just give them to the mummy. Another dry cleaner is the future shower gadget that does Quickie Cleanse. 

Mummies can be "cured" by drinking Young Again Potion. Then they become just another Sim, but with Egyptian clothing which you can change. And a really funny name that is hard to spell, of course.